CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think if you're an nV fan, or an EG fan you have to be really excited about last nights matches. nV pushed the best team to OT in game 5, and EG got the sweep against a solid RNGs team. Suspecter had some great gameplay, which should be really encouraging for EG, and Pistola looks like he's back in his prime for nV. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait, you're saying the UK didn't just swim away and completely leave the continent?? I don't believe you.

:kappa:

Looks like some ppl might think so. No kappa.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Looks like some ppl might think so. No kappa.

I really, truth, and honestly believe that everyone was just joking...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really, truth, and honestly believe that everyone was just joking...

Yeah, done on this topic, sorry for the rant.

Did Elevate really drop Randa for Goofy?  :wutface:

Edit: Yup, Randa's streaming scrims with Vtec, Nemassist, & Brainstorms. Do they have any points?

Terrible move by Elevate.

Yeah those 3 were on Catastrophe during the last legendary cup so they have points.

I dont think he even "needs" the have a team in Halo - that is what I was getting at. It does not really benefit him at all. 

halo ist still the top 2 console fps esports game. pricemoney is #1 right now with the backing from Microsoft.

​imho it would be really stupid to not bet on halo for the moment. give it 1 - 2 years and see hot the Scene will turn out.

​halo is also cheap to support. you don't have to pay $5.000 or $10.000 + salaries.

you asked the wrong question. does it hurt to have a halo team? clearly no

​its low risk - (possible) high reward

​the only scenario i can think about that would make sense business wise, is ditching halo for an overwatch team, if hector could not support 4 teams at the same time.

If anyone is to ever ask me why I watch competitive Halo 5, I am going to direct them to the series last night between CLG and nV. Congrats to both teams for putting on a show. Certainly a series that is going to be remembered for a long time. 

Yes a big shot in the arm for HCS

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everyone was assuming it. It was more of a confirmation sort of deal. You can still spend on the standard Warzone Firefight REQs.

Lol better chance of me never using another req than buying anything warzone related.

Honestly, the fact that you and other pros come here to defend yourself kind of baffles me. Don't feel the need to explain yourself. You are the one in the Pro League. This forum is full of armchair pro gamers who jump at anything they deem a mistake. At the end of the day you're playing for money on an esports org and everyone here isn't. There is a reason for that. 

Truth and then you have the salty ones that were sure you would get 3-0'd. Lets be real you guys were doing it right at the end. TJ just pulled another clutch play out of his arse with that Hydra to change everything which forced you guys out of position and wait strategy. Which is why when people on these forums say he's the worst on CLG or start talking about Huke I said no TJ is simply clutch and replacing him would be simply moronic. last year it was camo and shotgun on EG in game 7, if I didn't like him so much and respect him I would hate him lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Best part about last night was the cat and mouse Ola was playing with Frosty (?). Seeing Ola being the wizard again and continually chasing down Frosty was super intense but fun to watch. Really glad to see such a fun and intense series. Truly Match of the Week. 

Glad to see nV doing so well...altho those Frosty "nerd jump" skillz are unreal. The rematch of these two teams will be FUEGO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Best part about last night was the cat and mouse Ola was playing with Frosty (?). Seeing Ola being the wizard again and continually chasing down Frosty was super intense but fun to watch. Really glad to see such a fun and intense series. Truly Match of the Week. 

That was great 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ola vs Frosty is a rivalry I will look forward to watching over and over again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't really seen anyone touch on the fact that CLG really weren't playing very well last night, with the exception of the second half of Eden SH and Coli CTF. 

I'm not sure why they are struggling on Rig SH since they have been consistently crushing teams in that gametype in scrims since the change. 

Strongside may think that it's their worst gametype, but I feel like most CLG fans know their worst gametypes are Truth and Coli TS. That being said, I love this nV squad and the series last night was amazing. However, I don't think CLG were playing up to the standards that they've set for themselves.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Slayer on Eden is by far my favorite game type to watch. It is always so intense. Reminds me a lot of old school competitive Halo. Should be mandatory for all game 5's.

I haven't really seen anyone touch on the fact that CLG really weren't playing very well last night, with the exception of the second half of Eden SH and Coli CTF. 

I'm not sure why they are struggling on Rig SH since they have been consistently crushing teams in that gametype in scrims since the change. 

Strongside may think that it's their worst gametype, but I feel like most CLG fans know their worst gametypes are Truth and Coli TS. That being said, I love this nV squad and the series last night was amazing. However, I don't think CLG were playing up to the standards that they've set for themselves.

nV played good, not CLG played bad.

Personally not a fan of comments like yours because it takes away from what nV actually accomplished.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Man, CLG has such composure. I remember a month back or so, CLG were trailing hard in another Eden TS game. Like 10-15 kills hard. Some other pro (can't remember who) was in the chat and said "CLG will come back, I guarantee it", and sure enough they did.

What a series. Thanks Envyus for stepping up your game. At the start of the season I wasn't even sure you guys were Top 4 material, but you've really shown that you are a top tier squad.

I was watching that scrim, and I believe it was Commonly who called it. I could not believe they came back on top of the fact that he called it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm pretty sure that was Snakebite.

• Upvote (+1) 2

nV played good, not CLG played bad.

Personally not a fan of comments like yours because it takes away from what nV actually accomplished.

Why does it have to be one or the other?

I mean Snakebite admitted on twitter that he and the rest of the team played very average in the last two games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Obviously a troll, it wouldn't be an announcement if he was already announcing it.

Also on the topic of team skins... they support the teams, I'll gladly put $ towards them. Never expected them to be obtainable any other way.

Me neither, people freaking out about the fact that they will cost money haven't been paying attention.  How is purchasing them going to support the teams directly if you can buy them with REQ points? Microsoft isn't going to foot that bill.

Im a level 137 and i have lagged out/kicked 1 time per session. I have been kicked out of a game at least 100 times.

I have played about 1500 games and have lagged out maybe a half dozen times. I wouldn't blame Microsoft on this one, I would blame the FCC and ISPs that aren't willing to compete with each other. Internet quality varies widely all over this country.

Random thought: I don't mean to come off as ungrateful so I apologize If I do but the EG and OpTic skins are pretty plain...at least the CLG one has some design. Am I the only one?

Still really happy to have team skins though. I'll definitely be rocking the EG and CLG ones.

I agree.  I am an EG fan (have been since StarCraft) so i'll buy those skins anyway, but it looks like a lot more creativity and work went into the CLG skins because they are badass.  The EG and Optic skins just look like they slapped the logo on the side and called it a day.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm pretty sure that was Snakebite.

Dadbite sounds possible. I'd have to watch the VODs to see who it was. Really glad to see mini storylines emerge regardless of who it was. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was watching that scrim, and I believe it was Commonly who called it. I could not believe they came back on top of the fact that he called it.

Yeah, now that you mention it, Commonly does sound correct. 

• Upvote (+1) 1