CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Suspector has looked awful all night

Roy's shot is so off. Like, wtf lol

EG is not and has not functioned as an actual team for quite some time. You don't have to look any further then this week for the perfect illustration. Against NV, EG lost CTF on truth despite outslaying NV by 12 kills, so 3 full kill rotations, which really should never happen. Snipedown and Lunchbox alone had 40 kills, whilst NV had 48 combined. Surely in this scenario a functional team would have won the game but they didn't. This shows a complete lack of cohesion, understanding of what to do and teamwork among EG members. This simply should never happen. But it perfectly illustrates their problem.

I can personally see EG loosing both matches this week, which will leave them at 3-5 in the league, however this week will be the first time that all 5 members of EG will be under one roof for these games, but in my opinion they are just too far behind for that to make any substantial difference this week.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ola obviously because bubu is the new wizard

I thought that was Frosty?

@@Smee mee Do you really gotta write an essay every time you post man? Brevity is the soul of wit. I'd be more willing to read your posts if they were more concise with less rambling.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

@@Smee mee Do you really gotta write an essay every time you post man? Brevity is the soul of wit. I'd be more willing to read your posts if they were more concise with less rambling.

gotcha will try and make them more concise, edited my original post 

I just try to explain my point my point of views as well as i can, so people can understand where i am coming from.

• Upvote (+1) 4

gotcha will try and make them more concise, edited my original post

I just try to explain my point my point views as well as i can, so people can understand where i am coming from.

One of the most important "real life" skills that they never teach in school is how to be concise. Idk how old your are but if you can practice and work on that now it'll do you wonders later. Nobody wants to read a long email, or listen to a lot of fluff (like we are trained to do with our school work in order to hit arbitrary lengths).

Everyone just wants everyone else to get to the point already!

Also I now know the nba is rigged ty.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Please stop making lengthy, elaborate posts because I am too lazy and care too little to read them fully." I mean...

It's more about time. I regularly have to get on my people at work about being too technical and writing too much when they're sending emails zipping around the office. I encourage everyone to challenge themselves to be as concise as possible for a full day, you'll realize just how much extra/useless stuff we say/write every day. That might be an especially good exercise for those up and coming casters as well.

Edit: not chastising here btw. Just providing insight. (I feel like that's all I do around here).

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

One of the most important "real life" skills that they never teach in school is how to be concise. Idk how old your are but if you can practice and work on that now it'll do you wonders later. Nobody wants to read a long email, or listen to a lot of fluff (like we are trained to do with our school work in order to hit arbitrary lengths).

Everyone just wants everyone else to get to the point already!

Also I now know the nba is rigged ty.

I actually work as marketing analyst, so it is my job to do detailed analyses and quite literally spell out to senior executives what is going on, where I mainly use graphs etc to illustrate my point as a picture tell a thousand words but without those aids I have to try and phyiscally convey my point so that every understands using only words which is substantially more difficult to do in a concise manner.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's doubtful to me whether anything related to competitive Halo can help this game "succeed" so to speak within the realm of Xbox.

Just looking at the /r/globaloffensive and /r/halo subreddits, and you can see a massive difference. One of them is heavily invested in the competition aspect, and the other is not nearly as much. How can you think that some relatively niche tweaks to spectator abilities (and I say niche because again, a solid majority of the community doesn't even follow competitive Halo regularly) will help this game in the same way it helped CSGO?

The idea of gambling RP in an effort to gain popularity says enough for me. It's made even more ridiculous by the fact that RP is useless outside of Halo. Sorry, I'm not buying it. I can also see potential for controversy if MS/343 facilitates betting, no matter how useless the prize.

You can't expect the same things to work between two very different communities. Microsoft's hope to gain a big Halo following is hindered by the incompatibility of their eSports strategy with this community. I've seen multiple popular posts in mainstream subreddits showcasing cool Halo gametypes that were made in forge. That is what will get this game on people's remove radar. Just like how it got many other games in the public mind, such as Rocket League, and Overwatch to name two popular examples. Why don't they go after that market with custom server browsing + more gametypes instead of trying to "bridge a gap" by watering down competitive gameplay for the sake of casuals?

I think increasing accessibility is a good thing, but it can only go so far at this point.

The game has already "succeeded" within the realm of Xbox (sold a lot of copies made a lot of $). I was more or less talking about how to get remaining players interested in sustaining competitive halo and also, how get halo5 into the hands of more people going forward- so that they might end up helping sustain competitive halo.

I suggested that halo can learn from CSGo, not that it could expect the exact same results. You don't need a 'solid majority' to follow the competitive scene (I doubt any console game ever enjoyed that). You just need those who do follow it help make it financially sustainable. You also have make an effort to get new people interested in the scene.

But yes custom server browsers would be good for the game.

Backlash for gambling? Req packs are essentially slot machines. $2.5 million prize pool says the $ is worth any backlash.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's more about time. I regularly have to get on my people at work about being too technical and writing too much when they're sending emails zipping around the office. I encourage everyone to challenge themselves to be as concise as possible for a full day, you'll realize just how much extra/useless stuff we say/write every day. That might be an especially good exercise for those up and coming casters as well.

I get what you're saying but this is an enthusiast forum, not the office.  If this isn't the perfect medium to express yourself fully and thoughtfully then I don't know what is.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I actually work as marketing analyst, so it is my job to do detailed analyses and quite literally spell out to senior executives what is going on, where I mainly use graphs etc to illustrate my point as a picture tell a thousand words but without those aids I have to try and phyiscally convey my point so that every understands which is substantially more difficult to do in a concise manner.

Ahh I gotcha. I understand completely then! I didn't mean any offense. I'm in project management so I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I strategically roll my eyes at people when they've been talking too long or are being too technical/detailed.

There's a difference between sending an itinerary via email to coworkers and writing a post on a forum about why a Halo team is no longer in their glory days.  It's not exactly something that can be accurately summed up in a couple of sentences.  It's not a big deal either way, I guess.  I just think that people should be encouraged to make in-depth posts instead of condensing their posts lest someone lose interest.  I dunno about you guys but I'm not exactly in a rush when I sit down to read threads here and even if I was they're all going to be waiting for me when I do have time so I can read them at my leisure.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ahh I gotcha. I understand completely then! I didn't mean any offense. I'm in project management so I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I strategically roll my eyes at people when they've been talking too long or are being too technical/detailed.

Lol yeah we quite literally are at the opposite ends of that spectrum,

With regards this forum though, I will admit sometimes I go off on tangents, but I am in a loose loose situation when I critique a popular team, If i attempt to do so in one or two sentences, I inevitably get heavily criticized because it is impossible to convey why EG have fallen off in two sentences, there are too many mitigating factors, I would just get berated by fans of the team saying its bullshit or I am an idiot, or I don't understand when in actual fact, it is often quite literally the other way around, I don't care about rep, (just look at my reputation bar, I asked for a full red bar lol ) I care about having actual discussions about competitive halo, and I get frustrated when people don't explain their rationals case in point the power rankings.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think you misunderstood me. I'm fine with in depth posts that need to be lengthy, but if someone can get their opinion across quickly and concisely without rambling I prefer it. I wasn't trying to be a dick.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think you misunderstood me. I'm fine with in depth posts that need to be lengthy, but if someone can get their opinion across quickly and concisely without rambling I prefer it. I wasn't trying to be a dick.

All's good, man.  I just thought that you asking him to basically change his posting style because you don't care for it was funny.  :P

Nor did I take it that way, I understand sometimes I go off on rambles or go too in depth into something that really is straight forward.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We're going to set up in one condo and play until the offices are ready.

Awesome!