CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

:fire: Hot takes  :fire:

#1 Cavs win Sunday, becoming the first team in NBA history to come back from down 1-3 and cementing Lebrons place as one of the greatest all time.

#2 nV Takes CLG to game 5 next week, Lethul makes witty comment implying that almost losing is still winning.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I might be overreacting but I think Snip3down should consider leaving EG, if a better option arises. I think EG is starting to reach a point of plateau of skill AS A TEAM. I mean, the idea isn't a new one. People on the forums brought it up before but this is getting ridiculous. He showed up both games, putting the team on his back, kills wise and yet everyone else is taking turns showing up. 

If I were Snip3down, I would consider teams like E6 and Liquid; even RNG could entertain the idea. The thing about moving right now is that the teams that are better than EG, most likely won't make a move.

What. EG definitely can improve. I personally think that they need to get rid of Suspector. He just doesn't put in the same grind that he used to. People always talk about Roy and Lunch having jobs and playing less, but I always see Suspector on less than them. You will usually see RoyBoxDown on around an hour or two before scrims grinding arena and Ayden will get on maybe 10 minutes before scrims and then got off right as soon as they are done. If EG really wants to make a difference they should try and poach someone like Pistola or Spartan in this tranfer period.

EG played real well there, but nV is looking to be a strong #2. Hoping they can take a game off of CLG. 

Yeah I'm with you on that. Now that they need to put in the time to get back to clear cut #2 makes me want to root for them even more

funny, i started rooting for clg back in the h2a days simply because they had the goat and they were the only ones who could put up a fight with EG besides Denial. always thought royal/bite could dominate with the right teammates. just never thought it would be with the cummie overlord lol

The crazy part about all of this is that NV could of easily been 6-0 with CLG had they not chocked being up 2-0 vs E6, which in turn would make this CLG vs NV match even juicier. I am also very interested to see this EG vs RNG match. It seems as if RNG matches up very well vs EG but not CLG. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

So when does this roster transfer period begin/end?? I'm so ready for some Intel!!!!!!

nV really fucking impressive. Their grind, attitude, team house, and ELUMNITE, are all paying off right now. Great group of guys as well. Just happy for them.

Pretty sad for AE, though not surprising given their drama/nonpractice. 

Suspector & Snipedown on the same team is limiting for one of them... but not sure who they could pick up that'd be that much of an improvement.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So when does this roster transfer period begin/end?? I'm so ready for some Intel!!!!!!

Starts now! Don't know if we'll see true rostermania. 

nV really fucking impressive. Their grind, attitude, team house, and ELUMNITE, are all paying off right now. Great group of guys as well. Just happy for them.

Pretty sad for AE, though not surprising given their drama/nonpractice. 

Suspector & Snipedown on the same team is limiting for one of them... but not sure who they could pick up that'd be that much of an improvement.

Good news for nV because they are moving to their team house soon. Should be a boost to their scrim performance and regular performance. 

What. EG definitely can improve. I personally think that they need to get rid of Suspector. He just doesn't put in the same grind that he used to. People always talk about Roy and Lunch having jobs and playing less, but I always see Suspector on less than them. You will usually see RoyBoxDown on around an hour or two before scrims grinding arena and Ayden will get on maybe 10 minutes before scrims and then got off right as soon as they are done. If EG really wants to make a difference they should try and poach someone like Pistola or Spartan in this tranfer period.

I am all for Spartan to EG, but at some point one must look back and think that if changing one player isn't having the effect that you initially desired, maybe the problem isn't in the 4th but maybe within the core 3? Lethul hinted at this before and I didn't much of it but now, I am starting to see what he means.

Suspector and Commonly are not bad players whatsoever. On EG, however, they looked right about average (You can make an argument that Commonly is a top 2 player on RNG), while Suspector was the best on the old ALG. When will EG stop shuffling through 4th's? until they win an event? Well, sorry to burst any bubbles but as long as CLG is around and playing, the current EG team won't be beating CLG anytime soon. Shuffling through 4th's when expected results aren't being met isn't a smart way to go about things.

Just my 2 cents. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think being able to close out those games in such a clutch fashion, will be a great relief/motivator going forward for nV. It was something that they struggled with in the past, but it seems as if they have improved so many aspects of their game. It's great to see this team really come together. CLG still too strong though imo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am all for Spartan to EG, but at some point one must look back and think that if changing one player isn't having the effect that you initially desired, maybe the problem isn't in the 4th but maybe within the core 3? Lethul intended at this before and I didn't much of it but now, I am starting to see what he means.

Suspector and Commonly are not bad players whatsoever. On EG, however, they looked right about average (You can make an argument that Commonly is a top 2 player on RNG), while Suspector was the best on the old ALG. When will EG stop shuffling through 4th's? until they win an event? Well, sorry to burst any bubbles but as long as CLG is around and playing, the current EG team won't be beating CLG anytime soon. Shuffling through 4th's when expected results aren't being met isn't a smart way to go about things.

Just my 2 cents. 

You didn't get what I said at all. I pointed out that Suspector barely plays anymore and that is causing him to be very lackluster. If we still had the Suspector from ALG I think this squad would be top 2 easily. Commonly wasn't bad on EG because he is a bad player or that he stopped playing, it was because he didn't mesh well with the team. That isn't the case with Suspector, he's just not the same player he was at worlds. If we saw a player like Spartan or Pistola in his place I think we'd have a very good EG squad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am all for Spartan to EG, but at some point one must look back and think that if changing one player isn't having the effect that you initially desired, maybe the problem isn't in the 4th but maybe within the core 3? Lethul intended at this before and I didn't much of it but now, I am starting to see what he means.

Just my 2 cents. 

anyone who watched lethuls last month of streams with eg prior to xgames could clearly tell he knew they were on the decline. i distinctly remember him getting salty about the guys calling him out on a supposedly bad os burn attempt on regret, which was probably magnified by roybox going full sudds with the bickering. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys, if you can't see that the core 3 of Snip3down/Roy/Lunch isn't working, and you insist that another player MUST be the solution, then you aren't being objective enough. I'm not saying any of those players aren't skilled enough, I'm saying that clearly there are issues with teamwork/communications/strategy. It was an amazing run, but it's time for those 3 to go their separate ways.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You didn't get what I said at all. I pointed out that Suspector barely plays anymore and that is causing him to be very lackluster. If we still had the Suspector from ALG I think this squad would be top 2 easily. Commonly wasn't bad on EG because he is a bad player or that he stopped playing, it was because he didn't mesh well with the team. That isn't the case with Suspector, he's just not the same player he was at worlds. If we saw a player like Spartan or Pistola in his place I think we'd have a very good EG squad.

I apologize. I misunderstood part of it. Maybe his motivation is decreasing due to external factors or maybe, like Lethul, he is getting tired of all the bickering and arguing that playing a lot as a team prior to scrims, just does not seem beneficial to him anymore. Also, to be quite honest, when Suspector first joined EG, yea there were some play style changes but after a period of time, the team reverted to playing the same way it has been playing since around the start of H5 competitive. settings.

Again, we do not know exactly what is going on with EG internally. They will keep stressing that they need to practice more and more (which is true) but they they can't seem to get everyone on at the same time (as you mentioned with Suspector). When they do get on, they play one scrim then bolt offline. CLG is always looking to scrim 2 teams a night, if possible. I know NV tries and does scrim multiple teams a night whenever they get a chance too; hell, even Optic does too. 

Your thoughts? 

Snipedown holding it the fuck down and it's not even close

Lets goooooo

Telling you, this isn't the last of EG. We're slowly getting back to it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys, if you can't see that the core 3 of Snip3down/Roy/Lunch isn't working, and you insist that another player MUST be the solution, then you aren't being objective enough. I'm not saying any of those players aren't skilled enough, I'm saying that clearly there are issues with teamwork/communications/strategy. It was an amazing run, but it's time for those 3 to go their separate ways.

Of course he isn't the same player. He's on a completely new team with three people he has never teamed with before who all play differently than his old team. It's either the three of them adjust their play styles to accommodate him, or he changes his play style to accommodate the three of them. Guess which happened? 

These are 100% true. I see it as 2010 FB winning 3 straight and then going to reach and getting 12th at the first Reach event; this isn't H2A anymore. I applaud them for trying to stick it out but there comes a time when historic teams must break up or split and try to find success elsewhere. This has happened throughout the whole history of Halo, we all know this. 

People always point this about Snip3down and I haven't picked it out yet: people keep saying he plays too passive at times. Can anyone comment on this? I know he stated that he has tried to improve his play-style to better suit H5. 

@@Commonly is right again. Look at Penguin: known as  a monster slayer, but now is on a team with another player who can also put up insane numbers/damage (Ninja), so what does he do? he shapes his game play to fit the way RNG as a team wants to play and it works. People ragging on Penguin don't understand the concept of adjusting to teams and simply assume that an individual should and will play the same exact way he did on a previous team and it will work like it did before. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Of course he isn't the same player. He's on a completely new team with three people he has never teamed with before who all play differently than his old team. It's either the three of them adjust their play styles to accommodate him, or he changes his play style to accommodate the three of them. Guess which happened? 

He stopped playing?

I apologize. I misunderstood part of it. Maybe his motivation is decreasing due to external factors or maybe, like Lethul, he is getting tired of all the bickering and arguing that playing a lot as a team prior to scrims, just does not seem beneficial to him anymore. Also, to be quite honest, when Suspector first joined EG, yea there were some play style changes but after a period of time, the team reverted to playing the same way it has been playing since around the start of H5 competitive. settings.

Again, we do not know exactly what is going on with EG internally. They will keep stressing that they need to practice more and more (which is true) but they they can't seem to get everyone on at the same time (as you mentioned with Suspector). When they do get on, they play one scrim then bolt offline. CLG is always looking to scrim 2 teams a night, if possible. I know NV tries and does scrim multiple teams a night whenever they get a chance too; hell, even Optic does too. 

Your thoughts? 

EG really hasn't been as toxic and RoyBox don't seem to bicker as much anymore as they used to. Whenever they do scrim it's usually pretty constructive and they get a lot done. Maybe with another week of practice they will start showing some more improvement.