CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Onyx players are an outlier within the overall Halo community and are considerably more skilled than the average player. 

And this is why we see MLGxSneakySniper69 casting at events, right?  I mean, I'm low master's in SC2 and have zero casting ability, I should probably have a casting job

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's saying be smart with the money and don't blow it.

I know that I'm just saying that they can buy some expensive stuff to reward themselves.

I think you can melee your way up to diamond easily hahahah.

Challenge accepted

I haven't done my placement matches yet. But my mmr is usually diamond. .

The Main Halo stream is littered with bots on match nights. It was pretty disgusting last night.

Is this a joke about Optic fans ?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Another cast done, forgot to switch the overlay once this week. Steady improvement.

Thanks to @@RyaNoob and Walsh for giving up their time to help cast these games. Pleasure to commentate with them.

Let me know if there is any feedback/ things you want to see on these casts and I will do my best to add them. I am only one man however but will try my best!

A) You have to have a tri-cast. Don't be NA Halo. 

B) Keep your current roster or equal talent. 

C) Moa already said it. 

D) Keep up the great work! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

And this is why we see MLGxSneakySniper69 casting at events, right? I mean, I'm low master's in SC2 and have zero casting ability, I should probably have a casting job

Hahahaha low master/high diamond hahahaha the memes.

Yes well I used to place Diamond. But the more I play the worse I do.

I've played Team Arena every season and the players have definitely gotten better overall, likely due to the less committed players not finishing their placements (and general population decline).  I was easily Diamond 2-3 in January-February, but super-tryharding it gets me to about Platinum 3 now.  (Yes, I'm aware that I'm a casual, I just really enjoy competitive settings.)

• Upvote (+1) 4

I've played Team Arena every season and the players have definitely gotten better overall, likely due to the less committed players not finishing their placements (and general population decline). I was easily Diamond 2-3 in January-February, but super-tryharding it gets me to about Platinum 3 now.

That logic is correct if we suppose that the one quiting the game are the lower division players (diamond and below). If the population drops also means is easier to get into Champion since is easier to be top200 of 50k than being top200 of 200k people.

Looks who had the best EU roster in Fantasy this week  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:

ClLmDoPUYAA4zKq.jpg

who

I've played Team Arena every season and the players have definitely gotten better overall, likely due to the less committed players not finishing their placements (and general population decline). I was easily Diamond 2-3 in January-February, but super-tryharding it gets me to about Platinum 3 now.

I've been wanting to Get into gold lately.. But nooooo had to place me in diamond.. I just wanna play chill games. Difference between try hard me and chill me is diamond vs gold tier skill.

In my opinion if your gold player, be glad your playing people at your skill.

If tmrw you get placed at like diamond 5 or onyx... All you'll be doing is going up against good players and you'll be dragging your team down every game until you get placed back into gold.

And that is not fun for your team and you.

Maybe it's because I've been grinding and (hopefully) improving since release but I find that it has gotten easier. I started the game at low-plat and have gotten higher every season and this season finally reached onyx. Maybe it's just me improving very quickly, or starting the game playing with friends of a lower quality and thus being ranked in their bracket, but regardless, I've risen in the ranks pretty consistently. I believe that it's a mix of my individual ability improving in addition to population decay causing higher skilled players disappearing.

That logic is correct if we suppose that the one quiting the game are the lower division players (diamond and below). If the population drops also means is easier to get into Champion since is easier to be top200 of 50k than being top200 of 200k people.

I think the odds are reasonably high that is the case ... casual players tried Arena for the first few seasons, then 343 released social playlists so they stopped bothering.  Arena is pretty frustrating if you don't love competitive settings (esp. searching solo) so I think it's probably true that the remaining players are better at H5.

Getting into Champion might actually be even more difficult now ... if the top 1000 players are better in June than they were in February, then it doesn't matter if the worst 150k players stopped playing.

I've played Team Arena every season and the players have definitely gotten better overall, likely due to the less committed players not finishing their placements (and general population decline).  I was easily Diamond 2-3 in January-February, but super-tryharding it gets me to about Platinum 3 now.  (Yes, I'm aware that I'm a casual, I just really enjoy competitive settings.)

Yeah somethings definitely going on. Solo queue is just frustration all night now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe it's because I've been grinding and (hopefully) improving since release but I find that it has gotten easier. I started the game at low-plat and have gotten higher every season and this season finally reached onyx. Maybe it's just me improving very quickly, or starting the game playing with friends of a lower quality and thus being ranked in their bracket, but regardless, I've risen in the ranks pretty consistently. I believe that it's a mix of my individual ability improving in addition to population decay causing higher skilled players disappearing.

This may be true, to be fair I haven't been grinding quite as much Arena in the past couple seasons, and I don't search with a to4 (which really affects my W/L rate, even in Plat).  But I still feel like the odds are good that higher-skilled players are the ones who would stay around, because they enjoy competitive settings; the more casual players probably checked out of Arena a while ago.

I mean, some higher-skilled players have stopped playing H5 Arena, but lower-skilled players have probably stopped at an even higher rate

They've actually done a lot of tuning to placements as well. When the game first came out, matchmaking tried to place you at your exact skill level (I placed as high as 2100 on different accounts). Now they try to place you lower than your actual skill level and force you to grind your way up. If I would make an alt and place tonight, I would probably get Diamond or high Plat even though I've been around Champ 50 since the season started. Placements take into account your previous rank as well, so if you were low onyx or Diamond, you can place Plat, but I can basically throw my placements and get Onyx 1700.

On-topic: Any of the Denial fans from world super salty that they didn't stick together given how much Huke has improved?

• Upvote (+1) 3

The Main Halo stream is littered with bots on match nights. It was pretty disgusting last night. 

yeah that weird ass 4chan stream will never show up again, and that guy who disconnects his controller and lest it sit there for hours with 300 viewers lmao! That krik3n dude who viewbots 1k moved on to overwatch, halo will miss him :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

Another cast done, forgot to switch the overlay once this week. Steady improvement.

Thanks to @@RyaNoob and Walsh for giving up their time to help cast these games. Pleasure to commentate with them.

Let me know if there is any feedback/ things you want to see on these casts and I will do my best to add them. I am only one man however but will try my best!

You have to forget to switch the overlay at least once per stream. It's your signature move!

In all seriousness, great stream, as usual. Keep up the good work.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thursday Predictions:

EG 3 - 0 Allegiance

I see EG bouncing back against strong this week against Allegiance. I think for EG it would be better if it was a longer series to get them ready for Envy Friday. But since Austin is in on Envy I can't hope for that. All that aside I still think EG will sweep.

Envy 3 - 1 Liquid

LIquid is desperate , that desperation may win them an early match but it won't be enough to carry them to their first series win

Renegades 3 - 0 Optic

Other than moments by APG and Str8sick (amazing players I both know and respect) I see nothing from Optic to indicate enough teamwork to beat Tyler and Crew at any gametype. Really looking for Ace to take leadership of this team get a grasp of the meta and use the firepower he has in Corey and Brad. I don't know what to think of Maniac I don't know him but he is a veteran as well with at times divine skill he needs to fall in place behind ACE and play within the team identity which again Ace needs to forge.

CLG 3 - 1 E6 Yes Huke is playing Tier 1 Halo but so are the 4 other guys on the other side. I see E6 possibly taking  a slayer that turns into mayhem.

I almost had this 100 percent. Who knows if the replay in the E6 CLG game might have got e6 one game.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think X-Men should go for Septiq over Chalkie if/when the transfer period happens.

Septiq is the real deal. 

• Upvote (+1) 2