CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

OpTic are playing like a team of diamond 3's right now lmao

Definitely not that drastic. Lost 50-20 to them on Truth TS before their matches with a to4 of onyx 2000s.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don’t think the team should be scrapped, but they do need a good kick up the arse.

When Naded joined I really thought he would become the lynchpin of the team - say what you like about his up/down mood swings but the lad has got talent by the bucket load, and puts a superhuman amount of work into the grind. Then, when Flamesword retired to the Coach position, I thought this’ll be the start of something really good - an iconic figure as Coach, a strong anchor like Naded and open slot on the team to attract a decent 4th. And then wheels fell off.

(for sure, Str8 and APG are both great additions to what could be a strong roster but there’s a lack of... discipline? responsibility? within the squad which, as a fan, is really disheartening.)

It’s not just the players though - look at the Optic Halo team page on optic.tv. It still shows Naded and Flamesword on the roster; from there, follow the link to the official Optic Halo Twitter page… no updates since Jan 14th. There’s a top-to-bottom lack of attention to detail which adds to the  “we’re not taking this Halo lark terribly seriously” vibe.

The sad thing is, it’s not as if they’re not racking-up the game time. If I’m reading these numbers correctly, they’ve played more games than any other team in the last fortnight...  but...  they’ve lost most of ‘em.

I’m all for the “work hard/play hard” ethos, but if you’re playing hard (as most of the team have done this week), working hard but not getting good results, then something needs to change.

Until they start posting some consistent wins, there needs to be less focus on content creation and living the lifestyle, and more focus on analysis, practice and strategising. The talent is there in the team, for sure, they just need a “Mary Poppins” character to make them realise it.

Anyway, after lurking for so long, I’m sorry my first post here is a bit ranty but sometimes, being an Optic Halo fan is like

http://i.imgur.com/sYWdFtp.gifv

Great first post. Please post more. I pretty much agree with everything you said. There is some underlying complacence in the Optic squad. People like to point fingers at Maniac, but I think it's bigger than Maniac and it's a lot more than just "grind more, party less".

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think its been much of an issue for the Halo directory, but this should hopefully stop some dumb streams even getting close to the top in the future. It's a huge problem in the Runescape directory right now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

whats kind of sad is that the most improvement ive seen in my game has been when im running with a to4 who are all a little bit or a lot better than me.  it seems like you can learn the game so much better and form way better habits that translate over to solo queue this way.  however, getting the attention of partial teams when the only option you have is solo queue can be a very frustrating process just because of all the factors at hand that can either work with or against you.  You can do everything you can to win and not stat whore, knowing you might end up with like a .85 kd just to rank up and meet those other players, who will then see you have a negative kd.  You could stat whore to get better looking stats but then sacrifices learning how to win games which is really important.

unfortunately, solo queue doesnt force people to use mics and doesnt have the best way of making fair teams.  it can be a great way to practice and you will most likely see progress over time, but its at such a slow and brutal rate and at times can seem like you will never really get better.

a lot of people, including myself, complain on here about this on a regular basis and i wish i had a solution to the problem but im not even sure there is one.  All i have to say is im happy i have been finding more people to play with because that has really helped my game even though i still lose a lot of solo games

Most players tend to hit an invisible ceiling once they get into the top 2-3% of players. In my experience the only way to get past that is to play with and against better players which is hard to do when the AM community is so exclusive and clique-ey (which I'm sure you've noticed).

PS: I feel bad about matching you and 3 randoms on a daily basis.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So Diamond is considered average? Then why the fuck am I in Gold 3? I'm at least shitty Platinum.

I think you can melee your way up to diamond easily hahahah.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I try not to ever use the AR.

You can easily get diamond only using the pistol, or even easier only using automatics.

You can easily get diamond only using the pistol, or even easier only using automatics.

Yes well I used to place Diamond. But the more I play the worse I do.

I don't think its been much of an issue for the Halo directory, but this should hopefully stop some dumb streams even getting close to the top in the future. It's a huge problem in the Runescape directory right now.

The Main Halo stream is littered with bots on match nights. It was pretty disgusting last night. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Main Halo stream is littered with bots on match nights. It was pretty disgusting last night. 

Hey Halo! :) :) Do you watch Game of Thrones? LOL

• Upvote (+1) 9

Yeah these fucking bots are outrageous these days.

ZDEkO8f.png

• Upvote (+1) 7

So Diamond is considered average? Then why the fuck am I in Gold 3? I'm at least shitty Platinum.

Gold/Plat is considered average.  Diamond is slightly above average, Onyx are good, and Champs are beasts. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gold/Plat is considered average. Diamond is slightly above average, Onyx are good, and Champs are beasts.

Even then I'm not Gold bad. Maybe Plat 5.

Yeah these fucking bots are outrageous these days.

ZDEkO8f.png

I can't stop laughing when I look at the chat during a good play.

You see the obvious "REKT", or "LETS GO" then you immediately see

"halo, your stream is cool because I can watch and smoke a bowl with the other hand."

• Upvote (+1) 8

Please don't waste Worlds money on shoes over $100.

They can buy whatever they want, they deserve it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

They can buy whatever they want, they deserve it.

He's saying be smart with the money and don't blow it.

• Upvote (+1) 7

He's saying be smart with the money and don't blow it.

And he's saying they can do whatever they want ^_^

• Upvote (+1) 6

Let me know if there is any feedback/ things you want to see on these casts and I will do my best to add them. I am only one man however but will try my best!

Overlays

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1