CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I just like playing Team Arena, I don't really take rank too much into account. A 1600 solo team arena onyx is better than a 2000+ team-of-4 onyx imo (as they found out ;3 )

what about a 2000+ solo?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Finally got to Onyx in solo Team Arena wooo

Welcome to the club! I've gotten 1600 playing solo, after that you play teams of 4 every match. :(

what about a 2000+ solo?

This was me in the May season. Then I stopped playing. Played my 10 placement matches for June and literally lost all of them while not playing well at all and still placed the max of 1700 because logic.

Snip

Thanks brother comments like this mean a lot. Will be back with a brand new episode this week and going to be making an effort to keep the content more consistent, my life won't be going through as many changes in the coming year. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've heard people say that damage only registers when you die. So the 311 damage would be from your first death, and everything after that didn't contribute. 

to whoever said cod only has good numbers with optic, they're at 23k with infused vs rise

Because its a bloody LAN. Halo NA Regionals had around 30,000 the whole weekend..

• Upvote (+1) 1

We all know how annoying Halo 5 FFA is; your average deaths per game are probably 15-20. Well earlier today I hopped in my first game of the day and went 25-1 playing against High Champion players.

Also I tweeted this picture after this game and my accuracy and damage didn't add up correctly (probably because I only had 1 death, honestly I don't know how damage and accuracy are recorded in this game but yeah). My damage was "311" and my accuracy was "47.2". I had 7 perfects this game and my accuracy was way above 60% in my opinion, but who knows lol. Enjoy

https://twitter.com/MoNsTcR/status/741864913006698496

https://twitter.com/MoNsTcR/status/741461928757841921

Keep posting videos, dude. I like the #Content.

You're giving too little credit to Liquid and Optic, and too much credit to those EU teams. That X Men team has lost 2 league matches in EU. 1 getting reverse swept by the other "worse" half of epsilon and the other match was them getting pounded by an EU team that had like 2 people that didn't qualify for worlds through EU. Until those teams can definitively prove something about being better than NA teams it's kind of stupid to have them ahead. 

yea one sec this will be right after the warriors play my local community college in a pick up scrim  :simms:

You're right. I'd be afraid too.

• Downvote (-1) 1

anyone else disappointed in the viewer numbers?

has the stream even hit 10k during the pro league?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think Suspector will leave if this keeps up, he'll get some offers from E6 or RNG. Listening to EG recently gives me headaches, they don't learn, they just bitch. I think their ego's just can't handle not being #1. I don't know how Commonly or Lethul ever put up with it. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I think there's a few things causing lower numbers.

1. The matches are on Thursday and Friday nights instead of normal Saturdays and Sundays like we see for tournaments.

2. The production quality and issues. Missing games, commentary not nearly as enjoyable as EU, etc.

3. Theater mode. It's just not as fun to watch. The reticle is off, the lag issues, and some find the player outlines less enjoyable (including me).

4. No listen-ins, no player-cams. 

That's just my 2 cents.

• Upvote (+1) 8

of course viewer numbers are lower for online leagues

ofcourse viewer numbers are lower for online leagues

okay? lol

any way you slice it sub 10k viewers is PATHETIC

I think there's a few things causing lower numbers.

1. The matches are on Thursday and Friday nights instead of normal Saturdays and Sundays like we see for tournaments.

2. The production quality and issues. Missing games, commentary not nearly as enjoyable as EU, etc.

3. Theater mode. It's just not as fun to watch. The reticle is off, the lag issues, and some find the player outlines less enjoyable (including me).

4. No listen-ins, no player-cams. 

That's just my 2 cents.

spot on, i agree wholeheartedly with all these things 

theater mode is a joke and it really really REALLY detracts from the competitive value of halo 5

the production needs work, fuck off with these nonsensical warzone and mythbuster videos

they don't show middle school basketball highlights in between professional basketball games, so why show that shit?

listen ins would be nice, player cams too, they really add a lot

thursday/friday is wack

i love halo and the hcs but it feels like 343 doesn't really give a shit about the HCS, they do the bare minimum

they don't even fucking have EU standings on Halo.gg, they don't even have challenger standing, wtf 343, wake up 

it honestly feels like they just expect the community to do EVERYTHING

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

okay? lol

any way you slice it sub 10k viewers is PATHETIC

spot on, i agree wholeheartedly with all these things 

theater mode is a joke and it really really REALLY detracts from the competitive value of halo 5

the production needs work, fuck off with these nonsensical warzone and mythbuster videos

they don't show middle school basketball highlights in between professional basketball games, so why show that shit?

listen ins would be nice, player cams too, they really add a lot

thursday/friday is wack

i love halo and the hcs but it feels like 343 doesn't really give a shit about the HCS, they do the bare minimum

they don't even fucking have EU standings on Halo.gg, they don't even have challenger standing, wtf 343, wake up 

it honestly feels like they just expect the community to do EVERYTHING

We need HYPE montages between games, such as Faze Kampy, Spartan, Hyena, Fatrat, etc. and we also need tips and tricks from VETOED, LTN, etc.

Also, the Warzone montages with overkills using the fucking Railgun NEED TO GO. 

They are showing Casual videos for a competitive audience.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Maybe the audience just isn't there anymore, it's not 2008 anymore. The world of eSports has evolved. CoD isn't doing as hot as they used to just 2 years ago viewer wise either. Also it's online, and a league. People probably put less magnitude on these matches because they aren't a tournament do it die type of match.

Obviously things could be better, and the standout issue is the spec mode 100%. It's just not ideal for a competitive showcasing of the game. Hard to convince anyone these are the best players in the world when it looks like they are missing every shot and we have limited in game stat tracking.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We need HYPE montages between games, such as Faze Kampy, Spartan, Hyena, Fatrat, etc. and we also need tips and tricks from VETOED, LTN, etc.

Also, the Warzone montages with overkills using the fucking Railgun NEED TO GO. 

They are showing Casual videos for a competitive audience.

They are free to use our stuff, have offered it in the past. It's just a long drawn out process to get the content to them it isn't worth our time in the end.

Maybe the audience just isn't there anymore, it's not 2008 anymore. The world of eSports has evolved. CoD isn't doing as hot as they used to just 2 years ago viewer wise either. Also it's online, and a league. People probably put less magnitude on these matches because they aren't a tournament do it die type of match.

Obviously things could be better, and the standout issue is the spec mode 100%. It's just not ideal for a competitive showcasing of the game. Hard to convince anyone these are the best players in the world when it looks like they are missing every shot and we have limited in game stat tracking.

Thats the thing. The audience isn't there. This pro league shows consistent matches every week, and at least thats a start.  Constant and constant infrastructure and investment is what will bring the audience up.

The problem is people expect it to happen overnight...

NO!

It takes years. Look at MLG's first events. It took 3 years before MLG was able to host a proper national championship. Things take time.

• Upvote (+1) 3

They are free to use our stuff, have offered it in the past. It's just a long drawn out process to get the content to them it isn't worth our time in the end.

The problem is it doesnt need to be a long drawn out process. If 343 and ESL started working together more efficiently it could take 5 minutes max. Send files - Open files - Check for explicit content - upload.