CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So was it a rivalry when EG dominated them for almost all of H2a? Because if you talked to this site you'd think Ogre2's team won half of the matches.

I don't know. Like most people I didn't watch any of that. After h4 and the dreadful launch of mcc the last thing I was going to be doing was watching halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

RNG were the better team that day, there's no question. We lost the series 2-3 playing terribly and they probably should have won all 5 games. If we played that series 10 times do I think we would win the majority? Yes. If we hadn't lost on Friday and had their spot in the bracket on Saturday I believe we would've gone on to play CLG in the finals. Obviously this is an opinion and I'm clearly biased towards our team but competing at the highest level ultimately comes down to who is showing up on that day and we clearly didn't deliver on the biggest stage, that doesn't mean that I don't believe we were the second best team at the tournament.

I mean obviously believe whatever you want. Just found your comment that "we will never know" who was really the 2nd best team at HWC due to you guys matching CLG in single-elim to be incredibly strange. As if it was just a bit of bad luck to get drawn against them and not the result of losing a series before that.

Like you said, competing at the highest level depends on showing up come tournament time. Don't see how you can say that and then turn around and say you think you were the 2nd best team at a tournament when two other teams beat you at that tournament. I mean, I agree that EG was probably the 2nd best team in H5 leading up to HWC, but that's an entirely different question.

Edit: I see @@aPK already pointed out that contradiction better than I.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Vin's critical comments on EG for the past couple of months have been warranted to some degree. Vin as a die hard fan just wants to breakthrough to EG that their effort to get better is almost non-existent and hopes that it motivates them to actually try to become better. It would be different if EG were practicing almost everyday and were still under-performing as a team, but from an outside point of view, it just seems like they don't care anymore. I think their lack of practice is a result of 2 things. 

1. Roy and Lunchbox are nearing retirement due to real life circumstances.

2. CLG are too dominate for EG to overtake and they've come to realize this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Join us on the CLG train, Vin.

tumblr_inline_o1ti1oOpiA1sqw2t1_500.gif

LOL, I think about it all the time. Doing what Chad did with Heinz when his team split. Stick with your favorite player. I wish I stuck with TJ but at the same time you can't just all of a sudden NOT be a fan of 3/4th of a team anymore. 

That's what a fan is, even if they suck. Still though, being a CLG fan? :P Would be nice lol

Snakebite and TJ are really easy to root for

• Upvote (+1) 5

tumblr_inline_o1ti1oOpiA1sqw2t1_500.gif

Honestly, I think about it all the time. Doing what Chad did with Heinz when his team split. Stick with your favorite player. I wish I stuck with TJ but at the same time you can't just all of a sudden NOT be a fan of a team anymore. 

That's what a fan is, even if they suck. Still though, being a CLG fan? :P Would be nice lol

With Halo there's really no loyalty with teams. Rosters get dropped, leave the scene, and change all the time.

Always follow the players.

• Upvote (+1) 7

With Halo there's really no loyalty with teams. Rosters get dropped, leave the scene, and change all the time.

I just keep following @@Batchford

• Upvote (+1) 6

The frustration over EG arises from the fact that, roster wise, they're the team with the best chance at toppling down CLG. I would say with the only chance, honestly. Roy, Box, and Snipedown are just so immensely talented at playing Halo, they can never be counted out. What's stopping there from being an actual competition is their lack of practice. They're unintentionally making the league boring by being the only team with the talent to beat CLG but not the dedication to do so.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The frustration over EG arises from the fact that, roster wise, they're the team with the best chance at toppling down CLG. I would say with the only chance, honestly. Roy, Box, and Snipedown are just so immensely talented at playing Halo, they can never be counted out. What's stopping there from being an actual competition is their lack of practice. They're unintentionally making the league boring by being the only team with the talent to beat CLG but not the dedication to do so.

Denial could've done it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Vin if you jump on the CLG bandwagon I swear to god

If at all, it'd be way down the road, after the current EG squad is broken up. 

If TJ EVER left CLG for any reason though, I'd follow TJ next, even though I like Snakebite.

I'm not a bandwagoner. Shit, I get that enough around here in CT with all the "sudden" Patriots fans.  

I agree, I DO still like Roy, Lunch and Snipedown, which is why i continue to root for them though.

Roy is probably my favorite current EG player but I can see Snipedown getting a little irritated by lack of practice. 

I don't mean it as being negative, but I can see that Roy and Lunch are nearing retirement, you can def. tell. Nothing wrong with that, but it's starting to show a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What's crazy is that even with limited practice, Lunchbox still has games where he looks like the best player not on CLG.

It would be so easy to just be a fan of the most dominate team in the game. Even back in Final Boss's prime, I always supported Carbon because I was a huge fan Gandhi and Karma at the time,

Towey can type as many paragraphs as he wants hoping to defend EG, but at the end of the day they aren't as dedicated to practice when compared to other teams, especially CLG.

Bringing up H2A, or even HWC, is irrelevant. This is Season 1 of H5 Pro League. That's the only thing that should be discussed. I don't give a shit how successful EG was in prior games. Right now, they're not playing to their potential, and it's their own fault for not practicing as much as they should be.

Just my $0.02...

That's fair and I agree, but the initial point this whole discussion stemmed from is that there's no longer an EG/CLG rivalry because now CLG is dominating. The "rivalry" has always been one-sided. Now it's just on the other side.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

CLG beating everyone is upsetting. :kappa:

But really curious when we will get Observer mode. Hopefully in the next update.

I believe it's been stated that observer mode is for the private server LAN events only, and is not being released online. Maybe the issues being experienced by ESL trying to run the league will change that?

So was it a rivalry when EG dominated them for almost all of H2a? Because if you talked to this site you'd think Ogre2's team won half of the matches.

Lol at H2A
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Like I said above, we have two players on our team who have to be up at 6:30am for work and because the tournament ran late there wasn't nearly enough time for us to start a scrim after it ended. Take that as you will but I'm clearly not blaming the fact that there is a community ran tournament (with prize money, which is insanely generous), moreso the players who chose to play in a 5-6 hour long 2v2 tournament instead of practicing for Pro League the day before matches. That ended up being our only night available to practice as a team so clearly it was frustrating for us and what I said was never meant as a slight towards the tournament being ran.

Have to see it from our POV too. We have very little contact with 343i / HCS staff for the most part. We had no idea when the HCS Pro League and Challenger Schedule is happening until the announcements. Right now they occupy Thursday - Sundays.

We moved ours to Wednesday to hopefully accommodate the community and have something to lead into Pro League. We posted the schedule for our June Tournaments last Saturday with dates and times for everything, shared on here and social media quite a few times after too.

I understand some guy on the team have obligations, completely understand that but the tournament wasn't out of left field. Hell, it didn't even run late. Completing a 90 team tourney while doing a stream in 5-6 hours is quite good in our books.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Trying to say EG and CLG isn't a rivalry because clg has been winning every matchup lately just makes no sense to me. That's not how it works in any other sport. Rivalries are about more than just recent games being competitive.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1