CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Caster Line up for todays community stream!

We will be live at 6:45pm BST over at twitch.tv/onsethalo :D

vln1Bfi.png

Will you guys cast NA? 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Considering I went 3-1 yesterday in predictions (damn you ALG) let's see if I can keep the magic going:

TL 1 - 3 RNG
ALG 1 - 3 CLG
E6 3 - 1 EG
OG 0 - 3 nV

Will you guys cast NA?

I'd love to hear the guy in the middle cast the CLG match.

"And ALG is just not in this one folks, it's almost like they're playing a man down!"

• Upvote (+1) 7

and H5 NA Regionals/HWC that placed us on the same side of the bracket in a single elimination format.

Were we the 2nd best team at both of those H5 events? I believe that we were but due to the format of the tournament we'll never know for sure.

So are we just pretending the loss to RNG didn't happen at HWC then or....?

• Upvote (+1) 6

Imagine being a fan of said team and having their coach blame a community 2v2 tournament on why they can't get on practice. :huh:

Start hosting the tournaments whenever they want to practice: kappa:
  • Upvote (+1) 1

You don't think that has anything to do with CLG never taking a single game against us for granted because they know we're their toughest competition? There's obviously a lot of pride at stake for both teams, we've played each other in the finals of 6/10 tournaments that it was possible in over the last two years with the only exceptions being a best of 3 series loss for us vs Denial that matched us against CLG in the LB Finals at UGC St Louis, Denial facing us in the finals at IronGames Atlanta, and H5 NA Regionals/HWC that placed us on the same side of the bracket in a single elimination format. Out of 10 LAN tournaments throughout H2A and H5, we have played CLG 9 times and are 5/9 in those series.

Were we the 2nd best team at both of those H5 events? I believe that we were but due to the format of the tournament we'll never know for sure. Were we under practiced for the preview tournament finals and our Pro League match last night? Absolutely and we all know that. It's unfortunate timing how things worked out but two players on our team both had family obligations that took priority over Halo which prevented us from practicing on top of Eric and I moving, clearly this won't be the case for the rest of the season or before any LAN tournaments. They're obviously the best team right now and have shown how dominant they are throughout Halo 5 but saying we get "dominated the hardest" while our matchup is a joke and not a rivalry is one of the most extreme cases of recency bias I've ever seen.

As a professional I'm inclined to not respond to your constant trolling but as a casual reader of these forums I have to say your posts about our team on a daily basis while you claim to be a fan are insufferable to read.

This is the reason big companies and teams have community manager and PR, could you imagine Lebron James reading forums, he would kill himself.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

So are we just pretending the loss to RNG didn't happen at HWC then or....?

RNG were the better team that day, there's no question. We lost the series 2-3 playing terribly and they probably should have won all 5 games. If we played that series 10 times do I think we would win the majority? Yes. If we hadn't lost on Friday and had their spot in the bracket on Saturday I believe we would've gone on to play CLG in the finals. Obviously this is an opinion and I'm clearly biased towards our team but competing at the highest level ultimately comes down to who is showing up on that day and we clearly didn't deliver on the biggest stage, that doesn't mean that I don't believe we were the second best team at the tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 7

I agree with the majority of what Towey said, but damn, way to alienate one of the most vocal EG fans in the community.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I hope this isn't some kind of real-time forum breakup between EG and Vin.

vma-crying-2.gif

Honestly though, I'm done talking about EG on the forums. Seems to cause a lot of complaints lol

I'll stick to the TB Twitch chat for all my EG woes, until some fucker screenshots my deepest secret confessions again

Feels-Bad-Man-Frog-05.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 7

Stating facts is not trolling, brother. Pretty shitty of you to call me an insufferable troll for being a fan for so long.

I support EG more so than any team (subs, content, etc). What I do is no different than what Rangers fans do year in and year out when their team chokes in the playoffs. 

"Claim to be a fan", I AM a fan, why else would I spend so much time talking about you guys? I have other shit more important to do with my time than pretend to be a fan of a Halo team only to troll them. The "trolling" is just the constant struggle because you refuse to reach your potential and consistently practice (even when you all were available to practice 6-7 days a week, you guys didn't). 

But like you said, this won't be a problem going forward so maybe I can shut the fuck up about your practice and getting embarrassed by CLG every time you play them for once. 

Join us on the CLG train, Vin.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You don't think that has anything to do with CLG never taking a single game against us for granted because they know we're their toughest competition? There's obviously a lot of pride at stake for both teams, we've played each other in the finals of 6/10 tournaments that it was possible in over the last two years with the only exceptions being a best of 3 series loss for us vs Denial that matched us against CLG in the LB Finals at UGC St Louis, Denial facing us in the finals at IronGames Atlanta, and H5 NA Regionals/HWC that placed us on the same side of the bracket in a single elimination format. Out of 10 LAN tournaments throughout H2A and H5, we have played CLG 9 times and are 5/9 in those series.

Were we the 2nd best team at both of those H5 events? I believe that we were but due to the format of the tournament we'll never know for sure. Were we under practiced for the preview tournament finals and our Pro League match last night? Absolutely and we all know that. It's unfortunate timing how things worked out but two players on our team both had family obligations that took priority over Halo which prevented us from practicing on top of Eric and I moving, clearly this won't be the case for the rest of the season or before any LAN tournaments. They're obviously the best team right now and have shown how dominant they are throughout Halo 5 but saying we get "dominated the hardest" while our matchup is a joke and not a rivalry is one of the most extreme cases of recency bias I've ever seen.

As a professional I'm inclined to not respond to your constant trolling but as a casual reader of these forums I have to say your posts about our team on a daily basis while you claim to be a fan are insufferable to read.

You guys do get dominated the hardest it's is a joke and it's not a rivalry right now.

If you guys don't like reading posts like this, then do something about it.

The cavs got ripped a new one after game two. Did they whine and make excuses and call Steven a smith insufferable? No. They practiced hard and came out and won game 3.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You guys do get dominated the hardest it's is a joke and it's not a rivalry right now.

If you guys don't like reading posts like this, then do something about it.

The cavs got ripped a new one after game two. Did hey whine and make excuses and call Steven a smith insufferable? No. They practiced hard and came out and won game 3.

So was it a rivalry when EG dominated them for almost all of H2a? Because if you talked to this site you'd think Ogre2's team won half of the matches.

• Upvote (+1) 2