CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Also, can someone post the schedule for todays matches?

KeDk5se.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Looks good, Vin!

About not seeing matches: this is just another piece of evidence that apart from questionable design choices since taking over in 2012, 343 is made up of subpar coders behind the scenes. I don't know how anybody could argue anything else. With the myriad problems this franchise has encountered since they took over, I think it's overwhelmingly obvious that the backend isn't up to par. I don't know how big the place is in comparison to some other devs, but the quality control issues are off of the charts. It's pretty rare that you see something that actually busts the game in another esport. I saw one game of LoL actually remade at MSI this year because of a bug, but don't remember any other huge issue. They have their pauses and stoppages in play to fix shit, but is almost 100% of the time a quick fix and then they're back in game.

Microsoft needs to seriously think about replacing or reinforcing this particular team at 343. If they really want Halo to be taken seriously these problems can't exist. Riot is famous for its "spaghetti code" but at least the game works. I don't see their spectator mode crashing during broadcast. I had a friend show up online who I linked the stream for the end of EG/CLG and at the same time, SS and Elamite were telling us we weren't going to be able to see it. Why would anybody tuning in to the stream tonight to see Halo for the first time come back?

:salt: af.

Honestly one of the most ignorant posts I've read in awhile

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Predictions for today's matches?

Heres mine:

TL 0 RNG 3

E6 2 EG 3

ALG 0 CLG 3

OG 1 NVY 3

TL 2 RNG 3

E6 2 EG 3

ALG 0  CLG 1  :kappa:

OG 1 nV 3

• The one I'm least sure about is e6-EG. I think that could go either way because e6 seems absurdly up and down in terms of play (just all over the place from PAX to the qualifiers to pro league) and EG just worries me because of the lack of practice. On paper EG should win but I think it'll come down to a close game 5.
  • I'm curious if ALG will show up like they did yesterday and Denial did against CLG at HWC, they might take a game if so.
  • and man after watching the OG-TL match yesterday I definitely Liquid had their pre-LCQ roster still. I think it might've been stronger and honestly I just really liked being able to cheer for APG and Spartan at the same time. I remember all the stories about APG watching film and taking notes and stuff, it seems like that would be a huge asset to any team. 
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I really miss listen ins tbh, I only have like one idea on how to do it, if two esl people go into each teams skype calls or whatever they use to communicate and mute their mic or whatever and whenever they want a listen in just go to whoever is in that call? Idk I feel like that'd be something new and different from other leagues, maybe im wrong but listen ins are pretty amazing imo.

OBVIOUSLY the other stuff like spectator mode or observer mode and the basics should be handled before adding any extra stuff

let me know what you guys think though, wanna see if I'm alone on that idea? 

Edit : forgot about the delay, but if observer mode was in real time it could work 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Yeah I can definitely see E6 beating EG. I also agree that I could see ALG taking a game from CLG as well. The two I'm sure about are RNG/TL and OG/NVY. Just don't see TL and OG taking that series. Especially with how NVY played against RNG. Good series last night.

I really miss listen ins tbh, I only have like one idea on how to do it, if two esl people go into each teams skype calls or whatever they use to communicate and mute their mic or whatever and whenever they want a listen in just go to whoever is in that call? Idk I feel like that'd be something new and different from other leagues, maybe im wrong but listen ins are pretty amazing imo.

OBVIOUSLY the other stuff like spectator mode or observer mode and the basics should be handled before adding any extra stuff

Spectator mode is delayed too much for that to work.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That seems pretty doable eventually but I think we'd need a proper spectator mode for that, right? someone correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I understand the spectator mode we're using right now has a slight delay which I think would mean that the callouts would be happening before the viewers actually see the relevant play

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spectator mode is delayed too much for that to work.

TOTALLY slipped my mind, but if that observer mode was real time I think that could work 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did Xmen and Dinosaurs already play their pro league match? On halo5arena it shows Dinosaurs won 3-2.

Cant rule it out that they already played their match yesterday, there was one in the first week as well surprisingly where no info was given - but then they probably just scrimmed. Wont be around for the matches today but will check when i get back later on.

You know how we can do listen-ins?

Player streams :simms:

Well I see what the pros are doing and trying to accomplish with NOT streaming, I think it's the right move its just spectstor mode that has tons of issues

• Upvote (+1) 3

Predictions for today's matches?

Heres mine:

TL 0 RNG 3

E6 2 EG 3

ALG 0 CLG 3

OG 1 NVY 3

No missed matches, wow. Ballsy move.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Well I see what the pros are doing and trying to accomplish with NOT streaming, I think it's the right move its just spectstor mode that has tons of issues

It's a shame the servers can't seem to be sorted out because the idea makes perfect sense right up until matches get dropped, and then it gets contentious. If we could just guarantee that we can actually see the matches we're supposed to, nobody would have any issues but instead we're going to have to keep debating it. Do we know if they tried the whole waypoint-bookmarking game replay thing yesterday? I don't really know how it works but that seems like it would have been the time for it.

It does seem odd that they'd give the OK for CLG-EG to start Game 3 before the issues with Game 2 had been resolved but I don't really know how the organization and setup works. Also, have we had a day of pro league without a single missed match yet? 

Caster Line up for todays community stream!

We will be live at 6:45pm BST over at twitch.tv/onsethalo :D

vln1Bfi.png

Walshy and Ryannoob. Good lineup.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Caster Line up for todays community stream!

We will be live at 6:45pm BST over at twitch.tv/onsethalo :D

vln1Bfi.png

omg NA pls

we need the tri-cast. I still wish we could get the preview tournament casting team (GB, Og2, Walsh) on for a day of pro league, or even just Ogre and Walsh for post-match analysis (instead of montages and ads with mediocre music & vamping from the hosts).

It'd be cool to get more post-game feedback and analysis on pushes and plays that really changed the momentum along with explanations of why/how, and in a perfect world, overhead views of the map to help illustrate the explanations. 

• Upvote (+1) 1