CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Nope, he just said the "OpTic doesn't grind" was a myth -- today he's saying OpTic WAITS TOO LONG to START GRINDING.

Audley do you feel you're intellectually the most understanding analyst/poster on Team Beyond? And that your views of the dynamics of the Game and the Pros is the most distinguished?....Please Answer with a Grade A meme or be dismissed as a bespectacled charlatan. Who claims more than he knows MuHAHAHAHA!!!
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not sure what to think, there aren't any dates set yet, but have they even played a lot since the finals went down? Not sure a few days is going to hurt.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How about you include his entire quote instead of just part?

His post was after my post and another post saying pretty much the same things he just said today, he was defending them 2 days ago and now he's bashing Maniac for leaving for probably 3 days? Fickle

I'm not sure what to think, there aren't any dates set yet, but have they even played a lot since the finals went down? Not sure a few days is going to hurt.

I don't think anybody believes that 3 days off is going to have a real negative effect on your play.

But it's just yet another thing that compounds with the other issues that team has had. They stopped grinding between regionals and worlds, and haven't seriously played much since worlds either. Maniac has been back from Cali for how long? And he's already headed back out. I think it speaks a lot about his level of dedication to the game, and it blows my mind a little bit. I bet a huge majority of the community here would LOVE to be in his position in some regards. He has the opportunity to play Halo for a living, and as far as we can tell, he doesn't give a shit.

• Upvote (+1) 8

He's just running games. I still think he'll be going to OpTic

Idk.  Maybe.  I know it was early but I think his shoulders were hurting the other night.

Yea but all it looks like is history repeating itself.  Nobody thinks they are going to be doing anything worth a shit.  They should be coming out swinging and cacthing everyone off guard.  But now it just looks like they'll be in the challenger league, fighting for a way to make it to regionals...again.  Watching Worlds at home on twitch...again.  I'm not saying kick them off Optic, I'm saying Optic Halo needs a team that wants to win 100% of the time, not when their dicks are on the chopping block.

You literally did a Complete 180 from 2 days ago

I can see how you would read it that way, but my stance hasn't changed. Everyone I was referring to a few days ago was saying the team didn't grind, when really they put in the more hours than most teams if you ignore month one (which is what I stated before). My heartburn now is that they wait until every team has gotten too far ahead of them now and potential teammates have been signed to another team leaving them the scraps to choose from while already being behind in the grind. 

There's a difference in saying that specific players don't grind, and specific players didn't learn from previous mistakes and therefore waited too long to start grinding AGAIN. There's no doubt in my mind that once most teams fill up and start going, Optic will be one of the last of the bunch to join in as well and will be stuck with some low-tier teammates, which is deserved because they are not showing to others that they are willing to do whatever it takes to win (starting the grind early). I fully believe that once details are announced and most teams are "locked in", then Optic will choose two teammates and grind just as much as anyone else, they will just wait too long to do it. 

To be clear, the people that annoyed me and I responded to a few days ago were the people implying that Flame and Maniac lost because they just didn't grind. The reality is they lost because they took the first month off, dug themselves a hole with teammates, and placed poorly due to early online qualifier matchups and poor decisions in regards to gamebattles. They played as much as anyone else AFTER they formed a team. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

... It's your profile cartoon that puts the fire in me. I'll read something on point by you then look at your icon and think "you Smug git!". This is what I see when ever I finish reading your posts giphy.gif

Your name is telepathic cat. 

... It's your profile cartoon that puts the fire in me. I'll read something on point by you then look at your icon and think "you Smug git!". This is what I see when ever I finish reading your posts

Usually it's more like

tumblr_lovr01eRLa1qi3oqv-1.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

I just can't believe someone can miss worlds and then say how serious they are about doing better with a straight face as they don't play for weeks and then dip for vacation as the grind starts again. Its not even really about 3 days off or whatever and instead its about the mentality it takes to continuously skip out on practice time when you're already so far behind its going to be a struggle. That just isn't how you get better and win. 

I'd be a little surprised if it isn't a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Usually it's more like

tumblr_lovr01eRLa1qi3oqv-1.gif

Its mainly Americans who feel Cumberbatch is interesting. Generally due to leftover colonial superiority complexes... and a love for the British accent lol
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Its mainly Americans who feel Cumberbatch is interesting. Generally due to leftover colonial superiority complexes... and a love for the British accent lol

If not for Mark Gatiss and Andrew Scott, I wouldn't have enjoyed BBC Sherlock as much as I did.

stuff

I'd say it has felt like Optic has been at LEAST 2 steps behind since H5 launched. Skill, game mechanics, scrims, team decisions, whatever.

They can't afford it if they want to actually compete.

He has the opportunity to play Halo for a living, and as far as we can tell, he doesn't give a shit.

"Your job is to make YouTube videos you ungrateful fuck" -Seth 2016

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not just Cumberbatch, it's the smug Brit stereotype, that even when they're playing Americans (House)

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just can't believe someone can miss worlds and then say how serious they are about doing better with a straight face as they don't play for weeks and then dip for vacation as the grind starts again. Its not even really about 3 days off or whatever and instead its about the mentality it takes to continuously skip out on practice time when you're already so far behind its going to be a struggle. That just isn't how you get better and win. 

I'd be a little surprised if it isn't a joke.

yeah exactly, its also just the timing of going away again during a critical time during which all the top FAs are figuring out who they want to team with - if youre not even playing, how can you hope to land good teammates

If not for Mark Gatiss and Andrew Scott, I wouldn't have enjoyed BBC Sherlock as much as I did.

Andrew Scott is a plane Jane, Mark Gatiss on the other hand is a very talented actor. He's a comic actor transitioning into drama, you

should try the BBC League of Gentleman. Very funny

• Downvote (-1) 1

Not just Cumberbatch, it's the smug Brit stereotype, that even when they're playing Americans (House)

We're all the same. Smug.