CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

is optic ever going to scrim again

Yeah, when Formal comes back to Halo  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Being able to play 14 games is important but it's really not important for the pro league

• Upvote (+1) 2

Posts like these are honestly annoying. You haven't seen nV scrim in how long, same with EG, and possibly ALG. Yet no one says one word about them. We were going to play RNG tonight, but like Hamy said they couldn't play for long, so we scheduled for tomorrow early. 

It is just what comes with being one of the biggest eSports organizations :wutface:

Posts like these are honestly annoying. You haven't seen nV scrim in how long, same with EG, and possibly ALG. Yet no one says one word about them. We were going to play RNG tonight, but like Hamy said they couldn't play for long, so we scheduled for tomorrow early. 

I don't care about those teams. I care about Optic. 

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

But those teams aren't in last place and have been together for longer

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@VinFTW when did you join the faceless men?

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@VinFTW when did you join the faceless men?

Rip me

@@aPG, I wouldn't take it as an insult or bagging on you, I think the dude is an Optic fan and is genuinely concerned for his favorite squad.

Think at this point it's fair to worry about you guys. :/

• Upvote (+1) 5

Rip me

@@aPG, I wouldn't take it as an insult or bagging on you, I think the dude is an Optic fan and is genuinely concerned for his favorite squad.

Think at this point it's fair to worry about you guys. :/

Thanks, Vin. I didn't mean any disrespect, just concerned. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

we've been asking for a scrim. Want to play?
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Thanks, Vin. I didn't mean any disrespect, just concerned. 

I understand that, it's just very frustrating seeing constant hate. I don't normally respond to posts like these but lately twitch/forums have me irritated. Saturday Maniac overslept and Sunday I wanted to go over things as a team since we couldn't Saturday/wanted to play as much as we could before the pro league matches. And I already gave a reason for tonight. We will be playing RNG and then CLG both tomorrow night.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I understand that, it's just very frustrating seeing constant hate. I don't normally respond to posts like these but lately twitch/forums have me irritated. Saturday Maniac overslept and Sunday I wanted to go over things as a team since we couldn't Saturday/wanted to play as much as we could before the pro league matches. And I already gave a reason for tonight. We will be playing RNG and then CLG both tomorrow night.

I get that. I close the twitch chats during scrims because it's extremely annoying to see constant aids. I get that. But you shouldn't take me asking if you're going to scrim as hate. It's just concern. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're subbing for them again next week?

Theres obviously different levels of success in the minds of halo pros. CLG, they want to win every night. Optic Halo, they're complacent with the pro league.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Of course they would rather practice every game type. That's probably not going to change so why not suck it up and try a full series against the best? Seems like the best practice to me.

Well for us, it's not. Regardless of what you think. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@TheSimms @@Onset @@Wonderboy @@Wra7h

Why is "Left Right and Center" such a common phrase for EU?

It's something I never hear in NA, but used so frequently across the pond.

No idea, it's just one of those idioms we've all likely grown up with. My Dad's (English) side of the family have always used it in conversation. No clue where it originated from either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Theres obviously different levels of success in the minds of halo pros. CLG, they want to win every night. Optic Halo, they're complacent with the pro league.

I highly doubt this is the case it's more like there are clearly different levels of talent even among halo pros. Yes all of them are good enough that they can go off in a given game or moment and do really well but some players will never be as good as others no matter how much they practice. CLG has 4 of the most individually talented players in the game and they work well together, most teams are going to have a hard time beating them no matter the amount of  practice they have.

• Upvote (+1) 1

accidental neg, but I don't think Optic is complacent with the pro league. Happy to be there, sure, but not complacent. 

Will NA and EU teams even scrim each other? Or are the EU teams just too irrelevant to bother with?

It's the connection man.

Something needs to be noted about cross platform play on Halo 5.

I remember the late days of Halo 4, being in a custom Lobby with 11 Australians(I'm from the USA).... There was SOME lag of course, and I was doing delayed damage to them, but it was still definitely playable, much better than what people are having to deal with during cross region play on Halo 5.

I'm out of the loop because I'm focusing on work, but where is Naded? I thought he was on Optic.

He's not even on a Top 8 team..... :intel:

Hes taking a break for the remainder of the season and has been replaced on Optic with APG.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Another thing about NA vs EU is the time schedule. You have to be up at like 4AM to play any good NA team.

EU would love to play NA, it's the only real way to get better at the game. Sadly due to connection difference and just reality getting in the way, we can't.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Another thing about NA vs EU is the time schedule. You have to be up at like 4AM to play any good NA team.

EU would love to play NA, it's the only real way to get better at the game. Sadly due to connection difference and just reality getting in the way, we can't.

Why don't you guys just get better yourselves?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 10

Why don't you guys just get better yourselves?

That's not really how competition works. Rate of improvement is much greater if you're consistently playing against higher-level opposition.