CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I decided to download the vods of the lag out games to see if that would shine any light on what happened.

Here are the videos of the lagouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmN6znHrraY

Here we see Mikwen lagging out as he grabs the 2nd flag of Enigma6's. You see the jump in video as he lags out, and the game keeps his currently pressed buttons as it finishes kicking him out of the game (IE, crouched and moving forward).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2kGOJwfEU0&feature=youtu.be

Here we see Rayne lagging out after he dies and Enigma6 burns the overshield. nV was 2 down, not 3 down as Cratos stated in his post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMmYFD52ctg&feature=youtu.be

Here we see Cratos lagging out after dying with sniper, and standing still for 5 seconds before lagging out. Could be the game was catching up, but to me looked like someone navigating the menu.

But anyways, here's the videos. Make your own conclusions.

@@Mikwen @@Rayne @@Cratos

it really should be teams are forced to stream so it's easier to tell what happened during controversies

• Upvote (+1) 2

Moa abusing his powers as a moderator?  Well, I NEVER!

:kappa:

banned

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think 343 should give these pro league accounts all weapon skins. As someone said, it feels less personal, and I am sure they will sell a couple packs to people who want Royal 2's lime green Boomco pistol skin or Maniac's pizza AR skin.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Casters REALLY need to stop mentioning the LCQ in arguments. Yes, Liquid and OpTic were the last team to get into the league, but just because they were the last doesn't make them the worst. Once you're in, everyone starts off equal in terms of standings. 99 Knicks, 2012 Kings, this kind of stuff happens in sports where the last team to squeak in actually ends up getting to the finals, and in the Kings situation, actually win.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everyday, I send The343Favorites 10 invites in hopes that one day, Neighbor will be at the controller and will join my game.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I decided to download the vods of the lag out games to see if that would shine any light on what happened.

Here are the videos of the lagouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmN6znHrraY

Here we see Mikwen lagging out as he grabs the 2nd flag of Enigma6's. You see the jump in video as he lags out, and the game keeps his currently pressed buttons as it finishes kicking him out of the game (IE, crouched and moving forward).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2kGOJwfEU0&feature=youtu.be

Here we see Rayne lagging out after he dies and Enigma6 burns the overshield. nV was 2 down, not 3 down as Cratos stated in his post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMmYFD52ctg&feature=youtu.be

Here we see Cratos lagging out after dying with sniper, and standing still for 5 seconds before lagging out. Could be the game was catching up, but to me looked like someone navigating the menu.

But anyways, here's the videos. Make your own conclusions.

@@Mikwen @@Rayne @@Cratos

We really should hold off on making accusations of @@Cratos here, especially when we wouldn't accuse any of the fan favorites of the action. We don't know, we'll never know, this is the downside to no streams. Maybe we could figure out a way for the pros to send a direct video link from their pov to 343, but that's unlikely so we'll probably just have to deal with this regarding lagouts.

On another note, I have defended bot Cratos and Suddoth2 in the past few days. I need a bath, and maybe some electroshock therapy to forget.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know when @@Clicked and I are casting, I'll usually be the one to pull up the stats and update people because I'm not streaming my POV. I'm not sure if @@Elamite and @@StrongSide are casting off one screen or not, but it might be helpful to have two set ups they can sync so that the off-stream caster POV can pull up and read off stats. @@Timo

I was going to suggest this as well. Play by play can control the Spec Mode, it leaves a lot of flexibility for an analyst, who can go into third person/free cam, spectate other players for additional info, bring up scoreboard, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The day an MLG Halo open LAN is announced, is the day I will cry of happiness. #343plz

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@Cratos i'm probably one of the few people that don't hate you on these forums, even after you compared baseball to monopoly..but homie when you post something i feel like im going full davinci code tryna decipher the shit you spew.
when you get your worlds money invest in this

fxYTI4l.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Should be on 343 to pump money and advertising for the channel to get more eyes on it, not to hamstring other streamers who are more entertaining than the stream itself.

Maybe fucking hire an observer, a play-by-play and color commentator, release the actual spectator mode and not the three minute theater, then you wouldn't need some bullshit 48 hour rule. I'm a firm believer that if you want more, do better. None of this bullshit let's make a rule because we can't figure out how to get better numbers. I nut and they kept sucking when it came to my REQ pack purchases but it seems they're more keen on spreading that money thin than dumping it in to the HCS and figuring shit out. It just rubs me the wrong way that their solution to increasing their stream numbers was to cut down the very players who make their league possible. Fucking artificial inflation too, it's not new viewers it's just people who'd rather watch their favorite player stream than listen to a boring stream, get shown boring Forge maps and Christmas specials during the break, and be force fed REQ pack information they already know about. Fucking streamers cater to their audience and the 343 live stream feels like it's aimed at a gimmick E3 new player PAX Prime content drop live stream. 

They just gotta do shit better. 

Amazing post. 10/10. 343 and ESL, read this carefully.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In my opinion it really looks like Cratos rage quit after losing snipe off the start.

Certainly more likely than 2 players quitting out when their team has the lead in 2 separate games.

• Upvote (+1) 7

The main display I saw in the spotlight in pro league yesterday was the Str8 garbage servers that we have all been dealing with since day 1. I wish some of the warzone servers would be re-purposed for matchmaking/custom games, I never have disconnects in my other games, maybe once every three months or so but with these H5 servers it seems to happen all the time and even when you don't get disconnected the lag spikes are unreal, one or two crippling lag spikes every couple of games has become the norm for h5. 

2ONsFyz.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

Make sure to support the open cup today guys. Should be some fun halo. personally looking forward to a little French Toast Mafia action..

Z7vKb7A.png

Your memes are substandard. Banned.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was just getting ready to find some streams to watch the tournament today, and then I saw Naded streaming. The decision is hard...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yea, I didn't understand the decision to have the league online, solely because of how horrific the lag can be, including frequent disconnects.

I get that logistically/monetarily it's better to do it online.

Who's the best AR user on CLG?

Lethul.

Royal 2 has snipe.

Snakebite has pistol.

Frosty has movement.

Tj has best AR.

Lethul.

Royal 2 has snipe.

Snakebite has pistol.

Frosty has movement.

Tj has best AR.

TJ has an incredible pistol shot too, though. 

Which is why it's so crazy. They're all the best in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lethul.

Royal 2 has snipe.

Snakebite has pistol.

Frosty has movement.

Tj has best AR.

Tj best with autos = lxthul is n00b confirmed

• Upvote (+1) 1