CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That has to be one of the dumbest things I've heard in sometime, this needs to be changed ASAP.

If there is no official stream that they would be competing with, I see 0 reason that they should need advanced permission to stream matches.

@@Fierce tweeted me it last night, I honestly thought he was just trolling me

But yea, that should not be a thing at all. I'm all for viewers and whatnot but let the players have the option to grow their brand and content.

I'm gonna ask around, see if I can find out what's up with this rule. 

Seems very counter-productive.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What is this nonsense. Way to grow the scene here in Europe.

Also @@Elamite big shoutouts to you for coming in here and try to learn and take the criticism. You are absolutely better as an analyst caster but I think it's just the duo of you two that made it kinda .. yeah boring. You and a hypeman like Bravo or Simms would be amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So I take it none of the EU players requested/recieved permission? Because they didn't know about it.

So backwards... Given theres's no official stream, 343/ESL should requesting that players stream

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's the EU Pro League Standings after week 1.

qdFPaiC.png

For those confused, Online Warriors vs Dinosaurs happened off-stream just after midnight EU time. They played their series before the NA matches even started yesterday. Why? I don't fkin know anymore.

We missed out on 2 Pro League matches and that's super ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 3

First off, welcome! Loved both the Str8 rosters & Instinct roster you were on. :)

I'd say never focus on trying to explain the game to the viewer unless something just recently changed, right now you could list some of the biggest changes to maps that are going to be played(don't bring the changes up too much, though).

And most people on here (at least) afaik aren't the biggest fans of pbp, focus on analysing and only pbp multi-kills, good plays, etc. Like CS casting, but obviously with more analysis.

1. Doing some game-explanation for viewers on the very first cast of the season makes a lot of sense, since you're hoping some viewers are new to the scene and you'd want to build new viewership. Obviously you'd tone that down as the season progressed.

2. People keep bringing up CS casting (I'm assuming because it's usually excellent), but is it really a useful comparison? CS is a very different game, with a very different pace. Also, I'm confused by saying that they should do less pbp while being more like CS... CS does a lot of pbp, but it usually doesn't sound too rushed because the pace of the game is often slower. But they obviously call out player movements, strategies being employed, weapon pickups, and kills, which is all pbp. We don't necessarily need less pbp, we just need smarter pbp.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I might get roasted for speaking my mind on this, but I think it's completely fair to let the Halo channel stream the matches. It's not unreasonable for the players to not stream 1 best of 5 match for the bigger picture ( I think almost every pro sees eye to eye on this). Idk I just think it's not too much to ask for.

Also, predictions for the matches today?!

EDIT: this isn't about Jimbo it's about the Pro league in general, idk what happened with the EU stream today)

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I might get roasted for speaking my mind on this, but I think it's completely fair to let the Halo channel stream the matches. It's not unreasonable for the players to not stream 1 best of 5 match for the bigger picture ( I think almost every pro sees eye to eye on this). Idk I just think it's not too much to ask for.

huh?

The issue is that players weren't allowed to stream their games today without 48 hours notice, despite the fact there was no EU stream today.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree when there is an official stream. I definitely see the argument for no player streaming. But when there is no official stream.......

The problem with this is that there was no Halo broadcast for these matches in EU, the players should be allowed to stream their games without permission.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Played the first week to perfection,  GG's to Pulse and Realist Tins!

That game 3 on Strongholds Empire was a huge comeback.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Played the first week to perfection,  GG's to Pulse and Realist Tins!

That game 3 on Strongholds Empire was a huge comeback.

Any VODs going to be uploaded?

When does the Halo stream start?

8PM eastern i believe

always at 8 on thurs and friday

I'm sure you'll make excuses for them

Damned if you do, damned if you do... Anything

no, I won't "make excuses for them." Pretty sure I got called out by Snipedown after their CLG loss for saying they looked terrible.

That last part is a complete mis-representation. No one is saying don't do anything (well, at least I'm not). I was just pointing out that it seems like you have very little middle ground. Hardly an insult, although some people here have said worse.

no, I won't "make excuses for them." Pretty sure I got called out by Snipedown after their CLG loss for saying they looked terrible.

That last part is a complete mis-representation. No one is saying don't do anything (well, at least I'm not). I was just pointing out that it seems like you have very little middle ground. Hardly an insult, although some people here have said worse.

I don't take it as an insult, it really doesn't bother me at all.

I just think people are assuming too much about them right now. Tonight will be a good test. Optic is technically a better online team than Liquid, and they looked solid against CLG yesterday. 

I'll readdress this later after EGs match. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

WTF? 343/ESL get your shit together.

As much as we all love making angry love to 343's face whenever something goes wrong, I doubt they have a hand in ESL EU's streaming guidelines.

That seems like a really bone headed rule. What's the point in trying to grow the community if you aren't allowed to even try?

huh?

The issue is that players weren't allowed to stream their games today without 48 hours notice, despite the fact there was no EU stream today.

yeah, I edited my post because I wasn't sure why the official stream didn't stream it. I was talking about in general, the Halo stream should stream all pro league matches.