CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

They definitely need a third caster like the EU. I feel like we're missing a play by play caster.

The veto system is confusing me. Have they already vetoed maps or are can they veto one of the maps they are about to play? All of the EU matches were the exact same maps...

I get what some amateur players are complaining about, but again you guys are a lot luckier than past years in Halo 1-3. You didn't have online tourneys for the most part, you had to travel to another state (for the most part) and pay out of pocket for hotel, team passes, etc. Then you played with 3 other people and pray they didn't shit the bed on split-screen or LAN to make it to Top 32.

To be honest the thought would be most of that as a negative but in reality that is probably the most enjoyable part for amateur teams was the adventure and the people...most realize there place in the scene and realistically know around their potential placings so the fun is in the adventure and the environment of LAN events and dumping on kids even if you only go LBR2...it was like a vacation that many of us lost because they don't hold open events anymore. Have some people I haven't seen in years and wouldn't mind having a reason to get together.

Hate to nitpick, but the cam should always be switched when a flag is being ran in.....

The helmet UI at the top of the screen moves with the player but the graphic doesn't. Shit looks super weird, especially when whoever we are spectating is sprinting.

Wasn't APG on optic before? So they would already have a pic of him

It's photoshopped. When I go check, the team page shows APG in a Liquid jersey but if I click on his profile it's the same pic but with an Optic jersey.

• Upvote (+1) 2

the production during the pro league stream is sooo bad lol  I cant believe they think that theater mode is acceptable 

The veto system is confusing me. Have they already vetoed maps or are can they veto one of the maps they are about to play? All of the EU matches were the exact same maps...

I think someone mentioned earlier that the veto system isnt in place for this weeks matches. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only one that doesn't like the player outlines? I would prefer not to know the location of all the players. Just my opinion.

Although it was interesting to see RNG spawn and over extend immediately at one point in that game.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Have we ever considered that maybe MLG simply doesn't want to do Halo any more?

They do. Adam Apicella has been wanting to host more Halo since NA regionals ended. He even tweeted that they will run Halo again one day.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This has already been asked and addressed. 

I don't understand the point of telling us this. Are you looking for a new 4th? If so, here's the Partial Teams/FA forum you should be posting this.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/forum/24-partial-teams-free-agents/

If they moved it to during the week there'd still be people with scheduling issues that have to work. It's impossible to make the schedule perfect for everyone. And it's sure as hell great having a consistent schedule instead of it being completely random days. If you know for the next 2 months challenger tournament are going to be weekend, you can plan ahead.

Single-elimination for 100+ teams in an online tournament is the only logical way to go about it. Best of 3 until farther into the tournament as well. As these tournaments take an enormous amount of time already without all of the delays that are guaranteed to occur with online issues (lagouts, incorrect score reporting, etc).

The topic of open LANs has been discussed a lot lately. And the biggest issue was that they lose money, and 80% of the teams attending don't have a real shot at making the money anyways. Online tournaments are what our scene has and is trending towards. 

0 Top 4 finishes at any LAN ever, even Halo 4 when there was less competition says otherwise.

NNiVkiD.gif

they gave us basically a week to request off work. what world do you live in where you can request off that quickly,

LANs would get more viewers/players if they payed out top 16 like UGC did. Actually one the the more successful events. even AGL pulled more numbers at times. Also of they would announce Lans a month before the season starts maybe people could request off for them and actually save up money to attend them.

"and 80% of the teams attending don't have a real shot at making the money anyways. "

because the same top teams play each other every week and look at optic last season. they were the 16th seed having to play CLG or EG every week in a single elim tournament. and they lost. I know they were better then 16th seed and better then a few other  teams above them but since they bracket and single elim is a Joke they couldnt advance and had to break up and play in the LCQ

Also 0 top 4 placings? Ive placed top 8 & 6 in halo reach, Halo 4/ & h2a. you just cant accept that.

Should probably look at who we beat that event and where they are now btw

856350_10151404981493468_757789127_o.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 9

Outlines are good. The pros outweigh the cons in my opinion.

Strongside + Elamite is a decent combo, Side still needs to work on fitting the play by play role. He still needs to improve his composure and articulation/fluidity but having Elamite as a calm voice by his side is helping tons.

• Upvote (+1) 6

LANs would get more viewers if they payed out top 16 like UGC did.

that makes zero sense dude

just keep coming up with excuses, that is something you are good at 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hate seeing chat roast Strongside. They're not even wrong about some of the stuff he does but it still feels bad

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just a continuous stream of Penguin railguns appearing on the kill feed, and the production is in 3rd person rotating around Victory X, looking mostly at walls. 

It's maddening -- even if it's not the guy with the power weapon, leave it from a player POV.

The ability to split to 3rd person is a good analytical tool, and fit for the analyst desk. Freeze a play from one perspective, zoom out, and show where all 4 players are set-up. Jump back to action somewhere else and finish the replay.

In real time, it is unacceptable. Technical movement and gunskill during player interaction lose all meaning and context in 3rd person.

It feels like you're making the viewer respawn after a death. No one likes dying while playing, don't make us do it while we're watching.

• Upvote (+1) 1