CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So if we can all join 6 leagues, we all have 6 shots at top 5?

Currently, yes. May not always be that way, but it is for now.

You would never notice a fiber line getting throttled unless you were downloading a game or some illegal shit.

True but I doubt all of the pros have Fiber.

I know Roy has throttling issues sometimes. Idk if he has comcast however.

Ogre2 had comcast didnt he? Flamesword used to always complain about comcast throttling.

Regardless my comment was mostly tongue in cheek. This sponsorship is good news.

What do they put in the water at the Optic House?

I think it's called marijuana. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Currently, yes. May not always be that way, but it is for now.

So theoretically, someone could create 150 leagues of their own, make 150 different teams and get all 5 top spots?

So theoretically, someone could create 150 leagues of their own, make 150 different teams and get all 5 top spots?

you're limited to 6 teams total 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we get a Challenger Series Thread separately?.

Also Reality Check won't Be attending the Cup this weekend, We had our 4th leave (RealisedG) and Idk what Sneak Bran is doing but Im going on vacation from june 2nd- june 14th to visit family in Nashville for my birthday. 

Suddoth 1 Also works Saturdays but has off Fridays so He wont be able to play unless we are top 8 and get a bye into Sunday. 

This timing really sucks because this weekend you have to play Friday to seed, saturday and sunday, Not to mention its still single Elimination. which sucks if you have a bad seed or play someone decent early. especially best of 3 gametypes. its such a joke. 

anyone with a life and job cant afford to take off work every weekend unless their job does't care or they work m-f.

seriously If 343 wants more people to play in their league they need change because i feel like its been the same joke for the past 3 years. Now we dont even have LAN events unless your top 8. and "qualify" to attend LAN events. 

I perform better on LAN. I suck online. especially with these un-consistent dedicated servers and playing west coast players being on the east coast is horrible.

RANT OUT.

have fun this weekend everyone. ill be in touch. 

+repped because you bring up some valid points but will probably be negged because of who you are. The current Halo esports format is anti-AM.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Serious question is there a tourney tonight I have so much trouble following tourneys anymore as I hardly ever see anything published barring I don't have twitter or any other social media so that is probably half the reason.

I don't understand why they do their very best to shit on any AM with a life. I get that it sounds better when they're like "We will do stuff every [email protected]" or multiple days in a row etc etc. The problem is that its hard to keep showing up to this stuff with little notice if you have other responsibilities. It was better when you just had to practice and you knew some weeks into the future you'd be competing for X amount of dollars or points or whatever. You could take time off in advance and be ready for that specific weekend while still getting in practice or whatever.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why are the HCS shirts £50?

I'm not buying that. Might buy a Beyond shirt instead.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To anyone who watched the Europe broadcast today:

Thanks a bunch for watching! I'd like comments & criticism particularly on my cast/role on the commentary team; I'm being brought in primarily to give more match context (stuff such as scrim scores & gametype win-loss ratios) and want to hear some feedback.

Fire away, be as brutal and honest as possible (yes I need a tan, no my beard is not shit)

Only thing I could think of was mentioning when player outlines were being turned on/off and why. There was a few times when you dudes just turned them off/on without any explanation - would certainly confuse new viewers. 

Suddoth 1 Also works Saturdays but has off Fridays so He wont be able to play unless we are top 8 and get a bye into Sunday. 

This timing really sucks because this weekend you have to play Friday to seed, saturday and sunday, Not to mention its still single Elimination. which sucks if you have a bad seed or play someone decent early. especially best of 3 gametypes. its such a joke. 

anyone with a life and job cant afford to take off work every weekend unless their job does't care or they work m-f.

seriously If 343 wants more people to play in their league they need change because i feel like its been the same joke for the past 3 years. Now we dont even have LAN events unless your top 8. and "qualify" to attend LAN events. 

I perform better on LAN. I suck online. especially with these un-consistent dedicated servers and playing west coast players being on the east coast is horrible.

RANT OUT.

have fun this weekend everyone. ill be in touch. 

I imagine the goal of 343 is to grow Halo eSports, both player-wise and viewership wise. 

I can guarantee that most of these people asking for open LANs wouldn't bother watching any team that isn't in the Top 8 right now - heck, I know I wouldn't. Until that changes, I can see open LANs not happening often, if at all. I just don't care enough.

Call me shitty if you want but it's like wrestling. I don't really care about this new guy on the scene until he starts putting on great matches, having dope feuds and cutting dope promos. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

To anyone who watched the Europe broadcast today:

Thanks a bunch for watching! I'd like comments & criticism particularly on my cast/role on the commentary team; I'm being brought in primarily to give more match context (stuff such as scrim scores & gametype win-loss ratios) and want to hear some feedback.

Fire away, be as brutal and honest as possible (yes I need a tan, no my beard is not shit)

Your win percentage stats were really great to hear, very reminiscent of Dmac and Faruq when they discussed the stats back in the day. One thing I noticed (didn't watch the whole event, just was able to catch the X-men slaughter) was that you brought up overall win percentage for teams but didn't talk about the win percentage of a team against the team they're about to play.

Sorry if that was all jumbled and poorly worded. Basically was trying to say that another thing you could incorporate down the road (especially as teams play each other more often in scrims and matches) is showing the difference in total win percentage of a certain gametype/map versus the win percentage against their particular opponent on that map/gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Heads up, we aren't doing a Challenger Series Thread, a few reasons for those that care:

• The threads on the MLG days were terrible, from flaming to shit talk. It didn't hold a candle to the Pro Thread.
  • There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest compared to the HCS Pro League (13 teams for Friday)
  • The shit talk and flaming

That basically covers it all.

• Upvote (+1) 8

This has already been asked and addressed. 

Also Reality Check won't Be attending the Cup this weekend, We had our 4th leave (RealisedG) and Idk what Sneak Bran is doing but Im going on vacation from june 2nd- june 14th to visit family in Nashville for my birthday. 

I don't understand the point of telling us this. Are you looking for a new 4th? If so, here's the Partial Teams/FA forum you should be posting this.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/forum/24-partial-teams-free-agents/

If they moved it to during the week there'd still be people with scheduling issues that have to work. It's impossible to make the schedule perfect for everyone. And it's sure as hell great having a consistent schedule instead of it being completely random days. If you know for the next 2 months challenger tournament are going to be weekend, you can plan ahead.

Single-elimination for 100+ teams in an online tournament is the only logical way to go about it. Best of 3 until farther into the tournament as well. As these tournaments take an enormous amount of time already without all of the delays that are guaranteed to occur with online issues (lagouts, incorrect score reporting, etc).

The topic of open LANs has been discussed a lot lately. And the biggest issue was that they lose money, and 80% of the teams attending don't have a real shot at making the money anyways. Online tournaments are what our scene has and is trending towards. 

0 Top 4 finishes at any LAN ever, even Halo 4 when there was less competition says otherwise.

RANT OUT.

NNiVkiD.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 11

@@Wonderboy I'm on mobile so can't go super in depth but my main piece of criticism is to do slow player switching (stay on one player longer, even through death) and to keep outlines on permanently or majority of the time. It relays more information to both players and casters which improves analysis and keeps spectators informed.

Having you on as a Stats/Storyline type of caster is an excellent touch and I think you did a pretty great job for the first stream of the league.

Feel free to DM on Twitter if you want to go super in depth in terms of commentating, I have tons of other criticisms for all walks of casting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Super OT: Goat Simulator is free on xbox for this June's Games with Gold.

rZcQBoR.jpg

That photoshop is horrifying.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Surprised the hcs pro league  site already has a picture of APG in OpTic jersey,guess they planned on picking him up awhile ago. 

Surprised the hcs pro league  site already has a picture of APG in OpTic jersey,guess they planned on picking him up awhile ago. 

i9WZZaP.png

huh

• Upvote (+1) 1