CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@@charas can just modify the Pro League portion of the site to use those gamertags. He'll have to act on the fly because I'm sure its set up for their current tags.

Thanks for the tag. Yes there is no way to find the game with new names. Luckily i have a day off tomorrow so i´ll probably be around. As for the other weeks maybe i can find someone of you guys to eventually correct it :) As it is already 11pm here right now i cannot watch it live most of the times unfortunately.

• Upvote (+1) 6

One would assume...however, 343 doesn't operate according to common sense.

I really hope so. I keep saying it, this spectator mode is absolutely unacceptable. We're about to have months of online pro league, meanwhile the spectator mode used to view it doesn't even show us where the players are actually aiming.

Halo simply is not ready for an online pro league. It won't be ready until it has a proper spectator mode and much more reliable servers.

It shows where the players were actually aiming... It's just that the players aren't aiming where the enemy actually is. There's a delay due to the physics of the Internet. Since halo's spectate solution is based on Theatre mode (which allows for realtime manipulation of the match in 3D) we see the discrepancy that is typically masked by viewing games from a client side perspective.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So wait, what Fantasy League do I join? Is there one for Beyond as a whole?

It shows where the players were actually aiming... It's just that the players aren't aiming where the enemy actually is. There's a delay due to the physics of the Internet. Since halo's spectate solution is based on Theatre mode (which allows for realtime manipulation of the match in 3D) we see the discrepancy that is typically masked by viewing games from a client side perspective.

This is why it's not an easy fix. Halo's spectate/theatre mode allows you to do more than a lot of other games.

I just picked a bunch at random and joined. There doesn't appear to be a general league.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I made a league called "Team Beyond." It's not exactly official, but I didn't see one for the forums so I made it. Feel free to join everyone.

The max number of spots available in a league is sixteen, so it'll be impossible to make one we can all join.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To anyone who watched the Europe broadcast today:

Thanks a bunch for watching! I'd like comments & criticism particularly on my cast/role on the commentary team; I'm being brought in primarily to give more match context (stuff such as scrim scores & gametype win-loss ratios) and want to hear some feedback.

Fire away, be as brutal and honest as possible (yes I need a tan, no my beard is not shit)

I hope as the season progresses, stat drops become more focused on tournament matches instead of scrims. I know scrim stats are currently the majority of usable stats for teams, but for long term I don't believe they're very good stats to quote since they are just scrims.

But the casting was fantastic and I really think the 3-caster approach is the way to go after watching GB-Walshy-2gre, and now the Tri-cast of the EU matches today.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks a bunch for watching! I'd like comments & criticism particularly on my cast/role on the commentary team; I'm being brought in primarily to give more match context (stuff such as scrim scores & gametype win-loss ratios) and want to hear some feedback.

Fire away, be as brutal and honest as possible (yes I need a tan, no my beard is not shit)

While I hate to say that I'm not well practiced in distinguishing your voice out of the three ( Sorry :( ) I can say that the group of you did a fantastic job as a whole. Game knowlege was on point, and not a lot of speaking over each other. Also kept it lively and fun, which was great to see. Maybe some others would be better at pointing out little things, but I really didn't notice anything negative today.

Fantastic job!

• Upvote (+1) 3

I made a league called "Team Beyond." It's not exactly official, but I didn't see one for the forums so I made it. Feel free to join everyone.

The max number of spots available in a league is sixteen, so it'll be impossible to make one we can all join.

i'm 99% sure teams will be ranked site wide as well

i just dont think the functionality has been implemented yet

• Upvote (+1) 1

You did good! Lot better than the LCQ (no pizza requests this time! lol). You had great chemistry with your fellow casters and provided meaningful insight. Can't think of any criticism off the top of the brain.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i'm 99% sure teams will be ranked site wide as well

i just dont think the functionality has been implemented yet

So pretty much just make your own league with your own team right? That should make you be able to 'compete' with the other teams?

Cause that's what I did lol, although never did anything like this so hoping I did the right thing..

I just picked a bunch at random and joined. There doesn't appear to be a general league.

Not sure if this speaks to the idea of a "general league," but everyone's teams will be compared to each other, regardless of the different leagues you're in. You can't see it yet since no scores have been populated yet, but those "Top 5 Teams of the week" tables that are currently empty will be a site-wide comparison.

So pretty much just make your own league with your own team right? That should make you be able to 'compete' with the other teams?

Cause that's what I did lol, although never did anything like this so hoping I did the right thing..

Or join someone else's league, they are all technically open for joining.

First time trying to embed a twitter link, sorry if i don't get it right but here's the daily dose of wisdom by GuruNiaC 

edit: it's also 3 AM where I am so i might not be the most functional member of society right now

edit2: if someone could please direct to where the correct method of doing this is or DM what I'm doing wrong, I would highly appreciate it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is why it's not an easy fix. Halo's spectate/theatre mode allows you to do more than a lot of other games.

Though theater in the past few games worked fine.

[tweet=https://twitter.com/OpTicMaNiaC/status/738484482244812805]

First time trying to embed a twitter link, sorry if i don't get it right but here's the daily dose of wisdom by GuruNiaC 

Just post the URL to the tweet. You don't have to do anything special other than post the link in the reply box

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just post the URL to the tweet. You don't have to do anything special other than post the link in the reply box

thank you

Comcast has become a sponsor for ESL and EG.

I wonder if they will stop throttling pros now  :eyes:

Not sure if this speaks to the idea of a "general league," but everyone's teams will be compared to each other, regardless of the different leagues you're in. You can't see it yet since no scores have been populated yet, but those "Top 5 Teams of the week" tables that are currently empty will be a site-wide comparison.

So if we can all join 6 leagues, we all have 6 shots at top 5?

343 doesn't use 20tic servers and sacrifice gameplay  :flip:

I... don't know if I would assume that unless its stated somewhere. However you can swap to 60 in custom game options in Overwatch. 

but who cares lol spectator mode works for everyone but 343

Comcast has become a sponsor for ESL and EG.

I wonder if they will stop throttling pros now  :eyes:

You would never notice a fiber line getting throttled unless you were downloading a game or some illegal shit.

But it's all irrelevant since it can't do the most important thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

• Upvote (+1) 2