CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I have the dankestmeme but the forums wouldn't be able to handle it if I posted it. 

Probably because the gif is more than 5mb  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 7

Any chance they will be using the new spec mode today? 

It's not in the game yet...

Just some predictions for the matches today.

I hope we'll have some intense action!

Thursday:

Enigma 6 vs. Renegades  -  3-1

ALG vs. Envyus -  2-3

CLG vs. Optic -  3-0
Evil Genius vs. Liquid -  3-1

Friday:

Enigma 6 vs Envyus -  3-0

CLG vs Liquid -  3-0

ALG vs Renegades -  3-2

Evil Genuses vs Optic -  3-0

Still can't quite describe how excited I am for this. LFG y'all! 45 minutes until the EU matches, 3 hours and change left until the NA matches. Do we have the schedule for when each EU team is playing?

• Upvote (+1) 1

X-Games, Regionals, Worlds, PAX East, Burbank, EGLX.

That's 6 and it's only June.

And just because X-Games and PAX East are 6 and 4 teams respectfully doesn't mean they don't count.

There was more open LANs for previous Halos because the scene was bigger, and now the majority of the events are being run by 343, which mainly only care to have the big names play.

And when other event organizers put together open Halo LANs, none of the big teams show up (Iron Games Daytona, EGLX, etc). 

If we want more open LANs then either 343 would have to do so, which they wont for money reasons and because they're establishing a pro league scene, or the big name teams have to start supporting the grass root tournaments and be willing to travel to non-hcs sanctioned events.

2 of those LANs there was no money on the line and another one there was no top teams in it with a 10k prize pool.

I want to have more events where there'a decent amount of money on the line. It creates more hype and there's more of a reason to actually watch the event. It's why HWC, NA Regionals and X-GAMES were so enjoyable to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think we are past the day (have been for sometime now) of expecting a lot of lan tourneys. Online is where it's at now, it sucks since the spectator experience isn't the best with the current spectator mode and online gods of course.

Do miss the old days though, being hyped all week at school and coming home on Friday to sit on my ass and watch Halo all weekend long.

• Upvote (+1) 9

We've had 4 in a 6 month span.

2 of them there were no money on the line and it was just for qualifying and the other one had just a 10k prize pool with no top teams going to it  -_-

Thursday:

Enigma 6 vs. Renegades  -  3-2

ALG vs. Envyus -  2-3

CLG vs. Optic -  3-0
Evil Genius vs. Liquid -  3-1

Friday:

Enigma 6 vs Envyus -  2-3

CLG vs Liquid -  3-0

ALG vs Renegades -  3-2

Evil Genuses vs Optic -  3-1

PRO LEAGUE TODAY BOIIIIISSS!! This is a huge day in halo history, I'm excited for some amazing halo action. Goodluck to my friends in the pro league (Zane,Tim, Cody, Tyler), I'll be rooting for you!

Well rip me if I did my math right the NA matches start at 3am my time :mj:

Could someone just say how many hours from now till the matches start?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just noticed Enigma 6 practices a lot. Will be interesting to see how well Renegades does considering they haven't had nearly the same practice schedule recently.

What time do the festivities start today?

Well rip me if I did my math right the NA matches start at 3am my time :mj:

Could someone just say how many hours from now till the matches start?

LOL. The matches start at 5PM Pacific Time. It's currently 1045AM Pacific Time. I would say its 6 hours and 15 minutes away. Final Answer

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pro League is cool and all, but I just don't really care unless it's a LAN tournament. I know it's a debbie downer attitude, but watching some matches mid week that are all online just doesnt do it for me.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Are we going to have to see the shitty spectator mode for today's EU and NA matches?

If so, what a shame. It really makes you stop wanting to watch it.

Are we going to have to see the shitty spectator mode for today's EU and NA matches?

If so, what a shame. It really makes you stop wanting to watch it.

Yes, it's online.