CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So what kind of Halo news is expected from the upcoming E3?

Safe bets for me: Halo 6 teaser, Halo Wars 2 trailer, Halo on PC, Halo 5 future content.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Idk if we/I could go back to H3 now anyway. I loved that game but when I play it in MCC it feels like I'm an astronaut training with NASA in a spacesuit at bottom of some pool in Florida. Things like sliding and and stabilizing just seem so essential now to the core gameplay to me now.

Oddly enough, I agree. H3 feels really sluggish to me now. HCE is probably the only Bungie Halo that still feels fast enough.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Idk if we/I could go back to H3 now anyway. I loved that game but when I play it in MCC it feels like I'm an astronaut training with NASA in a spacesuit at bottom of some pool in Florida. Things like sliding and and stabilizing just seem so essential now to the core gameplay to me now.

I kind of hate to admit it, and at the risk of being called a H4 kid, I have to agree with you.

Also I think it would be weird for pros to go from fast pace H5 to slow H3A to what I assume will be a fast pace H6. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

H3A isn't happening.

Even though MCC turned into a shit show, it was literally their answer to everyone asking for a remastered version of any Halo (except Reach, I guess).

Fall 2017.

Bet money.

If it coincides with the launch of Scorpio. Oh man, that would be huge.

I def think Ninja could play more Halo, but he's not the reason RNG has been scrimming so infrequently.

Maybe @@Ninja could try running Arena with subs on a smurf, keeps the stream involved and you aren't solo searching. Plus you are playing with people who want to play with you. Just a thought.

And as you probably know he's getting ready to contend his H1Z1 Title this fall. While I think it would help a little to play more, I don't think it's hurting enough to not play both.

He took home 20k last year and there may very well be more this year. Once it's over he will more than likely ramp down again like last time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So how will tonight work? Will all the matches be played at the same time, and we only get to view one via the Halo stream? Or are they going to do them in order and stream all of them? Any ideas on who the casters are going to be?

God I hope 343 don't rush Halo 6. They really should wait for 2018. Do an H3 campaign remaster to sate the fans in 2017 or some ODST-esque spinoff game. I don't think Halo 6 will turn out well from 2 years of development.

This'll be the first Halo in forever that won't require huge engine reworks. Halo 5's engine is a solid base, just needs some tweaks for split-screen, polish here and there.

A two year dev cycle could work well, especially if there is any word of porting Halo 5's current content over.

Halo games release every 3 years, with the exception of ODST and MCC (Reach -> Halo 4 was a 2 year span due to 343 taking over from Bungie).

Very unlikely Halo 6 comes out next year. Hell, Halo 5 wasn't even a finished game when it released last year and still really isn't complete. A rushed Halo 6 would just be a disaster to be honest. Even for the esports aspect I wouldn't want 343 to rush a new game just to have them take 2 years to constantly update it with fixes/content. 

Halo games release yearly since 2009, but it's true that the main game releases every 3 years with the exception of Reach -> Halo 4.

2009: Halo Wars & Halo 3: ODST

2010: Halo Reach

2011: Halo CE Anniversary

2012: Halo 4

2013: Halo: Spartan Assault

2014: Halo MCC

2015: Halo: Spartan Strike & Halo 5

2016: Halo Wars 2

2017: Halo 3 Anniversary??? (Imo we'll probably get campaign plus DLC for Halo 5)

2018: Halo 6???

• Upvote (+1) 1

So how will tonight work? Will all the matches be played at the same time, and we only get to view one via the Halo stream? Or are they going to do them in order and stream all of them? Any ideas on who the casters are going to be?

In order and stream all of them. Not sure on casters. Probably bravo and Strongside.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So is anyone else slightly worried about server stability for the pro league? I've seen enough issues with players lagging/dropping out of scrims and general complaints about the custom games servers to be at least a little concerned about consistency.

So, I keep seeing this Halo on PC thing posted on different sites.. Where's this rumor coming from?

Also, is it Halo 5 we're talking about? And if so....could we see cross platform Xbox/PC happen? If not...yikes for population.

So, I keep seeing this Halo on PC thing posted on different sites.. Where's this rumor coming from?

Also, is it Halo 5 we're talking about? And if so....could we see cross platform Xbox/PC happen? If not...yikes for population.

Microsoft has made it clear that they are trying to mesh Xbox and PC, releasing previously exclusive Xbox titles on both platforms. Sooooo maybe Halo 5? But they have announced that Halo Wars 2 will be on both consoles, and are looking to do this with future Halo titles.  Whether they will be cross platform, not sure about that.

Wonder if they will  feature challenger league stats and placements or leave it to ESL.  @@charas do you have any intentions of showing challenger league stats as well?

I don´t know much about the challenger league so far, format etc. Generally the most work would be to get the gamertags involved and keep it up to date to actually find all the games but it could be run with the same system already in use.

• Upvote (+1) 4

There was more open LANs for previous Halos because the scene was bigger, and now the majority of the events are being run by 343, which mainly only care to have the big names play.

If we want more open LANs then either 343 would have to do so, which they wont for money reasons and because they're establishing a pro league scene, or the big name teams have to start supporting the grass root tournaments and be willing to travel to non-hcs sanctioned events.

Open LANs didn't actually work as a business model (MLG lost money until 2012), and I'm pretty sure the only reason MLG had those huge brackets was (1) to have guaranteed viewers for the finals, (2) to have more ad impressions for their sponsors by encouraging more players to show.  220 of those 256 teams had no realistic chance, so I don't see the big difference in having closed LANs if you're only really focused on the teams that are serious about playing ... I mean, I'm just as nostalgic as everyone else (I attended MLG DC at the Gaylord and it was incredible), but I think the huge open LAN model might be over, except for Smash, but they're the exception to every rule

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Idk if we/I could go back to H3 now anyway. I loved that game but when I play it in MCC it feels like I'm an astronaut training with NASA in a spacesuit at bottom of some pool in Florida. Things like sliding and and stabilizing just seem so essential to the core gameplay to me now.

It's the strangest thing, how later Halos retroactively affect my enjoyment of previous Halos ... I played the shit out of Reach but going back and playing the X360 version just feels incredibly lame, 30fps and the whole social network I had back then is gone (which was most of the fun); it's no longer new and interesting.  Even going back and playing H3 after the Reach beta made H3 feel terrible and dated by comparison.  

When I play MCC the only games I can truly enjoy are H1 (because it's incredible) and H4, just because it works really well at 60fps and they fixed the annoying aspects of the game ... and probably  because it reminds me of H5, which I really enjoy.  H4 was just a really long beta for H5, imo

So is anyone else slightly worried about server stability for the pro league? I've seen enough issues with players lagging/dropping out of scrims and general complaints about the custom games servers to be at least a little concerned about consistency.

Yes, this is a legit problem. It seems like Halo 5 in particular has had some large server stability issues.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what kind of Halo news is expected from the upcoming E3?

Im mostly hyped for Halo Wars 2 from microsoft.  Something H3A related would be cool though, we dont need H6 just yet lol.

Halo 5's forge and custom games are coming to Windows 10 later this year. That's it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

When you get sponsored by Comcast

giphy.gif

But truly, it's cool to see some big names coming to Pro League, regardless of their overall evil.

• Upvote (+1) 2