CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Wouldn't mind a good 8 man league for EU.

Can name same teams in challenger that would be good matchups in Pro League (Havoc, VexZeus, Anima, Septic for example)

Means more matches and more chances for storylines to develop as the league progresses.

Yeah I've been paying way more attention to EU Halo lately and I agree, 8 teams would be nice by next season as well. 

- REQ gambling on Pro League matches?

That would be the greatest thing ever

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

First time doing Fantasy HCS, and place 20th? I will take it. It really got me excited to watch the action over the past couple of days.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Please don't put me in a list of people not willing to "grind." When it comes to commitment, dedication, and the amount of time I'm willing to get better individually and the amount of time I take to make the team better, it's really not even close. Don't know where this non-dedication thing comes from. 

Also, I saw a post from ABK (Nerdy) that kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Saying you outplaced "30 percent of these people" isn't true. Just because you beat us in a round of the LCQ (where the day before we beat you) doesn't mean you have better tournament placings. Let's look at your overall tournament history and who has outplaced who and then maybe we can talk. Online tournaments (IMO) are a complete joke. I was disconnected from my game about 5-6 times on the Final day of the LCQ mixed with 1 of our teammates literally waking up 5 minutes before it starts. Respect, get some. 

No disrespect.  Like I said I am not as up to date as I used to be.  With the state of the game has been in the not so distant past you have been in and out of the community and in and out of competing.  If you are back then great! I stand corrected and willing to admit as much.  

Hope you make a good run in the Open Circuit

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd be fine with all 8 teams making it to bracket play after pro league, but not double elimination IN THIS CASE ONLY. If that tourney was double elim, it would literally make the entire pro league pointless. The whole point of the pro league is that it's a league, and not a "tournament". It should be treated as one. All 8 teams can make it IMO, but the pro league seeding should hold enough weight to allow for single elim.

In most cases like HWC, I'd say double elim is obviously ideal for determining the best teams and allowing those teams to earn the biggest prize they should while avoiding bracket luck.

I say this as someone who prefers double elim, but is not extremely disappointed when single elim is announced. Honestly, single elim creates more excitement and upset potential, but I feel bad for teams that get screwed even though they are better than most of the other teams. In a game where most players can't live off their Halo winnings, I think it's important to pay those who are the best teams, and not just pay a team the least because they play CLG round 1 (for example).

TL;DR - Double elim after pro league would defeat the entire purpose of pro league. Double elim should be for TOURNAMENTS only.

Definitely agree that "finals" are like playoffs and should be single elimination. Normally I'm high on double elimination but this case you have to count "regular season" appropriately. I would however like to be best of 9 or 11 at finals instead of best of 7.

fantasyhcs.com is live btw guys  :intel:

Are there going to be official leagues to join or just community created ones?

• Upvote (+1) 1

ALG vs CLG

Loving that ALG isn't afraid of getting their butts kicked to CLG. 2nd night in a row, I believe? 

Sort of disappointing that they won't be in a team house like nV, though Ryanoob did say they might LAN for last couple weeks of Pro League, if they're on cusp of top 4. 

Side note: Anyone else find it ironic that APG is on Optic now? Without his injury, and assuming Naded still dropped out / retired, Assault might have been Optic's 4th.

• Upvote (+1) 1

OpTic pulling off the series against Liquid.

Does this mean elevate is above OpTic and liquid? Kappa

• Upvote (+1) 4

OpTic pulling off the series against Liquid.

Does this mean elevate is above OpTic and liquid? Kappa

IT'S TIME FOR HALO MATH

elevate > optic > liquid > eg (game 5 was a fluke) > nv > e6 > rng

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Odd that RNG isn't scrimming the two nights leading up to the start of pro league. Ninja's teams are usually grinders--weird how much time this iteration of RNG takes off.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Teams to watch for Friday's Open Cup for Challenger League?

Also, opinions on single elim vs double elim for the league?

What problems could be caused by REQ gambling?

Little Timmy buys "just 1 more req pack" 25 req packs later on moms credit card.

Underage gambling and development of addictions for young fans.

Shady websites pop up luring for personal info to get free reqs.

Match fixing.

343, and by extension Microsoft, promoting gambling.

Abuse towards pros/challenger ams when they lose a match and tons of kids were betting on them.

They should add a way to earn req packs by promotion. Like spectating in game during league matches, or a way to link your twitch account to your gamertag so you can watch through that. Similar to csgo major case drops. Maybe link to twitter as well and have match polls, vote for the correct team, win a req pack. Tweet the halo stream or teambeyond, win a req pack.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Teams to watch for Friday's Open Cup for Challenger League?

Are Cloud and Aries still on Catastrophe?