CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Correct. If he was able to do that then it wouldn't be a retirement. He'd just be leaving OpTic to join a new team which would not be allowed.

I thought he said it wasn't a retirement but "may" compete in the next season?  Relegation is for birth into the Fall Season which wouldn't start until after the season finals I assume. My understanding is that the only way in for him to get into the Fall Season would be a pick up on a Top 6 team after this current season is complete or through the Open Circuit (which starts Friday) and try to replace one of the 7th/8th Pro teams through relegation.  I didn't go through the ESL rules so if he is ineligible to compete in the Open Circuit then I was not aware of that (obviously)

On a side note, please tell me the rosters are locked for the season from now until after the finals

I thought he said it wasn't a retirement but "may" compete in the next season?  Relegation is for birth into the Fall Season which wouldn't start until after the season finals I assume. My understanding is that the only way in for him to get into the Fall Season would be a pick up on a Top 6 team after this current season is complete or through the Open Circuit (which starts Friday) and try to replace one of the 7th/8th Pro teams through relegation.  I didn't go through the ESL rules so if he is ineligible to compete in the Open Circuit then I was not aware of that (obviously)

On a side note, please tell me the rosters are locked for the season from now until after the finals

More or less. The teams are allowed one change during a designated roster change period...so I believe.

How does the format for the weekly matches work? 

Are they playing a best of 3/5/7? 

Or are they playing 3/5/7 games outright. 

Personally, I'd much rather see x amount of games played per matchup and not a typical "best of." 

Following a format like a real league where teams play x number of games in a season, then are ranked based on overall record. 

Then we see a best of format for the playoffs.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You're teammate was trash*

Should note that it was not Brandon that said these things :P. 

I thought he said it wasn't a retirement but "may" compete in the next season?  

Okay he didn't 'retire' but he left the pro league, which means he cannot compete in it until the next season, this includes the challenger league. 

Rosters are locked until a roster change period that will take place, I'd assume, in the middle of the season.

I don't think he should be allowed to compete in this seasons promotion tournament, he "retired". Only way we should see him in the next HCS season is if a already qualified pro team picks him up.

Hmm... I think he should be able to play in the open circuit at any time. It's technically an AM circuit so his choice to leave the proffessional circuit should be irrelevant. If his AM team were make it through relegation, then he would be a season 2 pro.

The fact that no pro team can pick him up until after season 1 is fair enough.

3c13b8ff5e0c6965321552487ee90b36.png

I might not be a big fan of 343, but some people are just idiots.

• Upvote (+1) 4

New Pro League Trailer!

and :wutface:

3c13b8ff5e0c6965321552487ee90b36.png

"SEND EM HOME HUKE"

A call I'll never forget. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

They wouldnt be bad but teams would catch up if ALL the pro level teams refused to scrim them. They would have to not play 8s or MM with them either but youre only going to be as good as your competition. That goes for all sports. 

This thought is assinine.  An equivalent situation would be that the teams in the NFL would vote to keep the New England Patriots from having a practice squad because they've been too good for the past decade. Or if every team in the NBA seat their starters against the Golden State Warriors this year.....Why is this even a thought? Where is the competitive spirit in this? If you are an athlete or have any ounce of pride what you are suggesting wouldn't EVER cross your mind. If you wanna beat someone, practice and dedicate yourself. If you have to pull a dick move like what you suggest, then you don't deserve to win shit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

(A bunch of awesomeness)

You are a god among men. I spent hours last night using your site as ammo for debates at a time when I should have been sleeping.

• Upvote (+1) 3

"SEND EM HOME HUKE"

A call I'll never forget. 

Best moment in H5 yet.

Mentions dont seem to be working. Thanks for the compliment, means a lot!

I made some updates to improve the site vastly.

Here is a list of changes:

• Player twitch streams online activity is now displayed on the player list page. Also clickable
Let me know what you guys think!

You should make the online ones go on the top of the list.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It got boring when:

• 3D/Final Boss Won
  • Carbon Won
  • Str8 Rippin Won
  • Triggers Down Won
  • Final Boss Won
  • Instinct Won
  • Ambush Won
  • Evil Geniuses Won
  • CLG Won

:lxthul:

Str8 at least had the decency to alternate between winning and losing every event, to lower our boredom levels.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fake Alumineer

THATS IT STEELER, WE KNOW YOU DON'T PLAY FOR THE STEELER'S, THE JIG IS UP

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well now that Naded's off Optic... obligatory follow-up on his follower boost

The moment he joined Optic:

kDzCZLg.png

Today:

0sz9LPU.png

Not bad.

Did they really just photoshop an optic logo into a picture of him from HWC?

• Upvote (+1) 2