CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It would be the smartest option but horrible for halo if the other pro teams started doing that.

IMO it wouldn't be smart. You aren't going to suddenly make CLG bad by not scrimming them. 

I just don't remember a time when the top team was out working everyone by such a wide margin.

Team 3D/Final Boss was dominant for the first year and a half of halo 2. They won every event they attended except for the all Team Slayer event at MLG Philly in 05.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not enough teams take this pro league as seriously as CLG. In fact, this whole league doesn't seem serious at all. Teams do whatever they want, and CLG are the only consistent ones.

That's how it's going to start, but hopefully it gets taken more seriously once teams start seeing the realities of Relegation and missing out on Finals.

Every team should be scrimming 4-5 days a week. It's 3 hours out of your day, and the majority of these guys aren't working a traditional job anyway. Take the weekends off after League matches. Idk, just expect to see more dedication.

• Upvote (+1) 5

IMO it wouldn't be smart. You aren't going to suddenly make CLG bad by not scrimming them. 

They wouldnt be bad but teams would catch up if ALL the pro level teams refused to scrim them. They would have to not play 8s or MM with them either but youre only going to be as good as your competition. That goes for all sports. 

scrimscores531.png

Thanks @@ssbChad for your help <3

Also guys, voting for this weeks rankings ends tonight at 5PM est, get your votes in! Send me a PM or DM me at the handle in my sig. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

That's how it's going to start, but hopefully it gets taken more seriously once teams start seeing the realities of Relegation and missing out on Finals.

Every team should be scrimming 4-5 days a week. It's 3 hours out of your day, and the majority of these guys aren't working a traditional job anyway. Take the weekends off after League matches. Idk, just expect to see more dedication.

Yes, it's their job. Optic seems to be the most lackadaisical. Their sleep schedule isn't conducive with a healthy competitive mindset.

Team 3D/Final Boss was dominant for the first year and a half of halo 2. They won every event they attended except for the all Team Slayer event at MLG Philly in 05.

I meant outworked as in practiced, not performance. I know CLG is not the first god squad. I don't know how well the community kept track of practice schedules in the halo 2 days either. Someone pointed out that the Reach God Squad practiced a ton, so that's that.

If optic are required to replay elevate why shouldn't they be required to replay every team they played minus liquid?

Fake Frosty

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 12

no brotherly love

Long range across the globe shots fired.

Fake Frosty

No. That's the real MLG memeTeam Frosty. 

He is the true GOAT, a true legend, a true dank meme lord. Respect him.

Pls Learn. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Long range across the globe shots fired.

But 2Gre is washed so they probably missed. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Optic candidates:

- APG

- Heinz

- Hysteria

- Cloud

- Danoxide

- Randa

- Aries

- Fearitself

- Tsquared

- A high-profile AM

I may be biased but I hope for

laeDxE5.png

Unfortunately I don't think anyone is going help Optic because it doesn't seem that the put in the time for practice.  I am not sure who would fit and help change that dynamic.

However, I would like to see a team of @@Naded @@Vetoed @@aPG (availability?) and Aries at least run some games together to see if it could work.  I believe Naded and Vetoed would have the same work ethic and ability to slay and do obj. However, they both need players that want to embrace the grind and put the work in or they get frustrated.  Not sure if APG and Aries are of that mindset but feel the aggressive style of APG and Aries ability to go off at any moment would compliment them well. One problem is that both Naded and Vetoed have tendency to shut down when things are not going well so that could be a show stopper

Anyways, just some thoughts as I get a little caught up to what has been going on in the scene.

• Downvote (-1) 3

I was thinking more along the lines of the legal and business side of things. Obviously we probably wouldn't see any effect but I'd be interested to see if it would have any impact on ESL.

I don't think there would be any big problems. Maybe more paperwork if anything.

Unfortunately I don't think anyone is going help Optic because it doesn't seem that the put in the time for practice. I am not sure who would fit and help change that dynamic.

However, I would like to see a team of @@Naded @@Vetoed @@aPG (availability?) and Aries at least run some games together to see if it could work. I believe Naded and Vetoed would have the same work ethic and ability to slay and do obj. However, they both need players that want to embrace the grind and put the work in or they get frustrated. Not sure if APG and Aries are of that mindset but feel the aggressive style of APG and Aries ability to go off at any moment would compliment them well. One problem is that both Naded and Vetoed have tendency to shut down when things are not going well so that could be a show stopper

Anyways, just some thoughts as I get a little caught up to what has been going on in the scene.

Why would Naded leave a pro league team to team with Vetoed and Aries? No offense to them but there's no way that would happen. H5 Aries <<<< H2A Aries

• Upvote (+1) 2

They counted the games they played after the tournament as a separate scrim, that's the 8-0 they referenced. ie 8-0 plus 4-2 = 12-2.

Completely missed that.

NEVERMIND, good job @@aPK.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why would Naded leave a pro league team to team with Vetoed and Aries? No offense to them but there's no way that would happen. H5 Aries <<<< H2A Aries

Didn't he just leave Optic and not on a team at all?  

Just thinking outside the box is all.  Doesn't seem like there are many pro options for him that have the same dedication.  You never know who will work out and have chemistry with if you're not willing to try.

Maybe Naded, APG, Vetoed, Danoxide.  Randa seems to inconsistent.  Hysteria seems to be negative and hotheaded. FIS, Cloud, T2 seem not interested in grinding.  Key word is "seems" because I fully admit I am not as up to date of what is happening in the scene as much as I once was.

I know this is WAY down the road, but ultimately at the end of season 2 we'll see two teams in relegation matches. Who do you think they are?

My vote is Optic Gaming and Liquid, unless Allegiance doesn't step up their game...

Lastly, Thanks everybody for the love for the HCS Report and the writing gig with CLG. I cant stress how appreciative I am of the feedback, DM's, and support.

giphy.gif

Next week on The HCS Report I'll be trying to get game play into the show, working on lighting/camera positioning, and trying to suck less.

:)

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Didn't he just leave Optic and not on a team at all?  

Just thinking outside the box is all.  Doesn't seem like there are many pro options for him that have the same dedication.  You never know who will work out and have chemistry with if you're not willing to try.

Naded isn't allowed to compete this season at all. He'll have to wait until next season.

By tis you mean blacklisted? I remember in BO2 they had some teams trying to do this to Optic.

Naded isn't allowed to compete this season at all. He'll have to wait until next season.

Not even allowed to get an AM team and compete through the Open Circuit for relegation?  That is where my thoughts were geared towards

Not even allowed to get an AM team and compete for relegation?  That is where my thoughts were geared towards

I don't think he should be allowed to compete in this seasons promotion tournament, he "retired". Only way we should see him in the next HCS season is if a already qualified pro team picks him up.

They counted the games they played after the tournament as a separate scrim, that's the 8-0 they referenced. ie 8-0 plus 4-2 = 12-2.

20131106-161404.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 7

Not even allowed to get an AM team and compete through the Open Circuit for relegation? That is where my thoughts were geared towards

Correct. If he was able to do that then it wouldn't be a retirement. He'd just be leaving OpTic to join a new team which would not be allowed.