CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Based on what's been said, CLG put EG in the dumpster. What was the actual score though? Was it a sweep?

Based on what's been said, CLG put EG in the dumpster. What was the actual score though? Was it a sweep?

there were definitely brooms involved

• Upvote (+1) 1

He is retiring for season.

Well, he is not retiring. He is taking a break for this season. 

And no, that is not how you are reading the question. Its been mostly cleared up / resolved by players now, thanks anyways. 

Im retiring from the forums for the night.

Rspctd and CyReN both just showed fine, correct, literal uses of the word "retire", not sure what's wrong with saying that Naded is retiring from Season 1 of Pro League.

"Retire" means "to withdraw", whether it be going to bed for the night, removing yourself from your work position, or withdrawing from a sporting event, etc.. Naded has literally just announced his retirement from Proleauge Season 1; CyReN has literally just announced his retirement from the forums for the night.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Final score:

Team A 9 | 4 Team B

@@VinFTW

Team A = Prototype, Munoz, Monstcr, Chaser

Team B = Eccentrik, Tire Iron, Stress, JuicyFruit

• Upvote (+1) 4

Rspctd and CyReN both just showed fine, correct, literal uses of the word "retire", not sure what's wrong with saying that Naded is retiring from Season 1 of Pro League.

"Retire" means "to withdraw", whether it be going to bed for the night, removing yourself from your work position, or withdrawing from a sporting event, etc.. Naded has literally just announced his retirement from Proleauge Season 1; CyReN has literally just announced his retirement from the forums for the night.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you're saying, but most people interpret the word retire to mean that you're done for good; most people who retire, I would argue, don't have any intentions of coming back to whatever it is they retire from. Ogre 2 retired. Naded said himself he isn't retiring, he's just not coming back this season.

Edit: this really is a pointless argument and like people have said, most of this has been cleared up already and doesn't really matter.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Final score:

Team A 9 | 4 Team B

@@VinFTW

Team A = Prototype, Munoz, Monstcr, Chaser

Team B = Eccentrik, Tire Iron, Stress, JuicyFruit

Holy quick 

• Upvote (+1) 2

They were at each others throats tonight, undoubtedly they'll be at ours too for criticizing.

But he knows it's true. Their lack of practice is holding them back and will be their (most likely) downfall in the Pro League.

Hopefully they can start scrimming 6-7 days a week like CLG/RNG (well not RNG lately I dont think). That is absolutely and 100% their only shot at beating CLG.

God I'm so salty, I feel like @@PlzLearn after ALG reversed swept RNG at Worlds. :wutface:

I'm also frustrated by their lack of practice and how bad this series went tonight, but we'really all ignoring that EG beat both Liquid and Elevate after a whole week of not practicing. This team has no worries of missing top 4. Hell, Suspector hadn't even played the new settings when they played Liquid! They had to explain what was different on every map to him before each game. EG's raw potential will carry them to top 4, and they'll likely kick up the practice after the weekend with their new team house. With practice, EG is the clear #2 and could possibly take a few series from CLG.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I don't post on here much, but had to come out for this one. I always find it funny how fast you guys grab the pitchforks. I think it's really naive to assume that members of optic have been scheming this from the beginning. To the ones saying this is a tough situation.. Spot on. To those saying they used naded to get a spot knowing he was going to retire, I completely disagree. 3 members of this team have worked hard to get a spot. I think this situation is extremely unique and they should not be punished. I know they're are only 4 players on a halo team but any other professional sport in the world they don't punish a team for the acts of one player.

Accidental neg

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's crazy that with new settings/maps/changes and CLG looking slightly vulnerable most teams would be taking even a couple of days off. There's no doubt CLG practices way more than every other team and that's a big reason they're untouchable. When the new settings were released why not at least try to keep up (not pointing this at any specific team because they're all guilty).

Most pros will probably say we don't know what its like to get burnt out or we don't know what comes up in their personal lives, and that's absolutely true, but 2-3 hours a night for what could potentially be life changing money should be doable. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know Naded said he is forsure not retiring yet, but everytime I've seen someone say they're taking a break they never come back. And honestly if it's between streaming and playing competitively, I'd much rather have a consistent Naded stream.

AND BADA BING

POWER RANKINGS  :simms:

Seems pretty reasonable this week, and on par with the results.

A few outliers, but none I think are too crazy based off scrims/tourneys throughout this past week, and with certain team changes players retiring.

Good write-ups, too.

One minor critique re: write-ups...it only lists the tourney 4-2 score from RNG vs CLG from last night, but they played that out to a full scrim and CLG won 12-2.  This point is more or less irrelevant and a minor oversight.  The rest of the write-ups feature great stats (Love the EG games played in 3 weeks vs CLG games played in 1 week to demonstrate how imbalanced practice levels are).

Liquid Swift Kill  :intel:

Why would they get rid of Elamite though?  Isn't Spartan at his house?

Just played OpTic with APG twice in a row in MM.. it's happening.

The important question is..did they win?  :kappa:

The important question is..did they win?  :kappa:

Yes but aPG is horrible and would be a terrible pickup for OpTic as per my random teammate.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm also frustrated by their lack of practice and how bad this series went tonight, but we'really all ignoring that EG beat both Liquid and Elevate after a whole week of not practicing. This team has no worries of missing top 4. Hell, Suspector hadn't even played the new settings when they played Liquid! They had to explain what was different on every map to him before each game. EG's raw potential will carry them to top 4, and they'll likely kick up the practice after the weekend with their new team house. With practice, EG is the clear #2 and could possibly take a few series from CLG.

Sorry, my first accidental neg. I'll get you back.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't post on here much, but had to come out for this one. I always find it funny how fast you guys grab the pitchforks. I think it's really naive to assume that members of optic have been scheming this from the beginning. To the ones saying this is a tough situation.. Spot on. To those saying they used naded to get a spot knowing he was going to retire, I completely disagree. 3 members of this team have worked hard to get a spot. I think this situation is extremely unique and they should not be punished. I know they're are only 4 players on a halo team but any other professional sport in the world they don't punish a team for the acts of one player.

Interesting analogy, considering the NFL punished the New England Patriots for the alleged misconduct by one of 53 players on their roster. They lost their 1st round draft pick from this year's draft and $1 million.

Just playing Devil's Advocate.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Great job on the video, man. Your delivery was really good. You appeared relaxed and very natural with the camera. You come across as likeable and charming without appearing phony. I thought the length of the video was perfect as well. It hits that sweet spot where its long enough to convey info but is short enough that it doesn't feel like a lecture.

My only suggestions would be improved lighting, sound and camera placement. And smoother cuts, but that's something you'll improve with practice.

Tldr; Great video. Unbiased and concise. You're good in front of a camera.

Also congrats on the CLG gig.

Lighting is a definite incoming fix. Until reviewing on film I really had no idea how dark it really was. I'm going to toy around with the position of the mic and camera, that was a for sure on my to do list. I think I can make it feel more personal and genuine by swapping some stuff around which I might have missed in this one.

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Interesting analogy, considering the NFL punished the New England Patriots for the alleged misconduct by one of 53 players on their roster. They lost their 1st round draft pick from this year's draft and $1 million.

Just playing Devil's Advocate.

I hear you, I meant in terms of being able to compete. Like Julian Edelman wasn't punished for the mistake of Tom Brady. There are circumstances where the org is punished but punishing innocent players just doesn't seem right.