CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Side note (slash a tad bit off topic): if you guys think this is shady, you should go read about what C9 did for the League of Legends Challenger league. Basically qualified for the Challenger League with their old pro roster, then replaced all of them with amateurs.

Forfeit until the roster lock expires. Its the only thing that should be allowed. This should also count as their only team change when the time comes but until then he should be officially on the roster with serious penalties for players that wish to screw their team in this way. The rules should not bend for anyone if we're supposed to take things seriously.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

my point is

1. if optic didnt qualify and my team or another team that doesnt bring in big fans did this theyd kick us due to the rules and let optic in.

2. who knows that naded actually didnt get dropped from the team and since the only punishment is that he cant compete for 7 weeks he would just say hes stepping down. 

3. whats keeping other players who cant compete for a month due to something qualify a team fairly easy in the lcq and then bounce.

4. and 7 week ban basically is literally nothing it doesnt effect brett in anyway because him not being on that team he wouldnt be able to get on a pro team till next season anyways

5 is it actually fair to the other teams that got knocked out of the lcq by them/

i dont know what they should do to him or the team but it damn sure needs to be more than that

1. What basis do you have to make that claim? 

2. Naded not being in the pro league makes him lose a significant amount of money. He wouldn't just let himself be dropped (unless the a breeze from the optic money tree came through).

3. k that is a flaw in this system.

4. He loses pro league money.

5. Yes they lost to the team. 

What I would add is that I don't think OpTic should be allowed a second roster change during the transfer window. This loss of Naded should count as their one move for the season IMO. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Make OpTic play eLevate with their new fourth to see who gets the pro league spot.

^

• Upvote (+1) 2

thats literally a joke he carries them to pro league and can leave with the only penalty is not competing for not even 2 months lol players from other teams like elevate for example just lost out on tons of money because of that it there careers and the guy gets punished for nothing thats like us hiring another player to qualify for us then retire lol

Good grief your posts are almost impossible to read. Good thing you're the best Halo player in the world, because you sure couldn't make it in any career that involves the use of the english language.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think the only fair thing to do in this situation is to hold the LCQ again for that last spot. If OpTic really belongs then they will win it again with their new 4th. It isn't fair that Naded is allowed to retire now. They should have made him play until the roster change period. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't think that people are giving the rest of Optic enough credit. Naded might have a very high skill ceiling, but he is far more prone to tilting than anyone else on Optic with the exception of maybe Manaic. I think that adding someone like Apg or Heinz, two players who are not nearly as emotional, and also establish good chemistry inside and outside of the game, would be a great addition to the team. Just my 2 cents.

Naded KILLED it during the LCQ

CjKJreRWkAAYGAa.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ding ding ding, he wouldn't want to screw them over completely and leave before qualifying, which is why this situation is iffy to me. It's like he was a hired gun to qualify, and no one can deny the types of plays he was making in that qualifier to keep OpTic rolling

11b928e49e1e92f047fd19f4311dd2ea.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

Going to completely disagree with this conspiracy bologna about Naded.

He was GENUINELY stressed, angry, etc. with halo. If you guys watched any of their scrims, Naded was borderline poisonous to the team vibe.

People just LOVE to make conspiracy theories, he just told us how he felt and people are still assuming crazy stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Naded KILLED it during the LCQ

CjKJreRWkAAYGAa.jpg

And played like booty at Pax and at Burbank. He's a phenomenal player within the confine of his home, but his poor play at LAN events makes him a hindrance. Someone like Apg or Heinz would be more consistent on LAN imo.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I kinda wish @@Cratos would stop posting on these forums, just because users here are clearly unable to jump off the anti-Cratos circle and actually respond to content respectfully.

I agree that this is a problem - I dont think that anyone on the OpTic roster would have made it to Pro League without Naded pushing them. So now basically..

1. Naded "Carries" them to pro league

2. Naded Leaves

3. OpTic keeps pro league spot, allowed to replace Naded

So the question is: Should teams be allowed to do this? Can I employ OGRE2 and David Walsh on a team with me and my 92 year old grandmother to qualify for Pro League and then once we secure a spot ditch them and keep our spot? 

Kind of an odd situation though. 

My thoughts exactly, @@Saucey. Cratos has a really valid point, this is an issue worth discussing.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not much of an "EG Halo house" if it's just Snip3down and Towey (..again). Imo.

Unless they plan to add 2 more after roybox retires..... Maybe sooner  than we know? I hope not.

I feel like Optic should be required to replay Elevate for the last spot. It seems pretty unfair that they are allowed to remain in pro league when it hasn't even started yet. Push pro league back a week or play double matches next week and have a play-in series this weekend.

In regards to teams being screwed over by players potentially leaving, maybe every team should be required to have a bench player. Players in challenger League could be bench players for Pro league teams, but only in these scenarios or if players can't make a series one night. Other than that they compete in challenger League as normal.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If optic are required to replay elevate why shouldn't they be required to replay every team they played minus liquid?

• Upvote (+1) 1