CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There really isn't a definitive way to answer your questions as it is all subjective.

In some instances a new team may have an unusual playstyle which throws teams off at first, i.e the old allegiance roster was known to play very differently from the other pro teams and that threw teams off. But the more and more teams play each other the likelihood of them been caught out again decreases as decent teams will figure it out and adapt accordingly.

In other cases it is most certainly a personality issue, when a team starts butting heads frequently, enjoyment will inevitably decline as teammates are constantly arguing. If teams aren't enjoying playing with each other then it is unlikely that the same effort level will be put in, like the saying goes it is not work if you enjoy what you do. Look at 08 final boss for example, they won the first halo 3 tournament, but problems within the team between the ogres and walshy caused them to stop playing as much and they fell behind their competition. 

But that only addresses a situation where teams play less, so here is another instance,  for the life of me I cannot think of a relevant halo example, so I will have to use COD (apologies) If anyone even remotely followed cod during black ops 2 you would have heard of fariko Impact, This team saw incredible success almost instantly after forming, winning 4 tournaments in a row including cod champs, but it all fell apart soon after (in part due to complexity forming) but mainly because when they experienced hardship the personalities on that roster became toxic, they constantly belittled and undermined each other to the point where it did not matter how much they played as a team and they played a lot because the team chemistry was destroyed, meaning if even the slightest thing went wrong this team would implode. They had the ability to beat complexity but could never get their mindset right.

In terms of RNG, I think it could be argued that they are experiencing similar turmoil (a much lesser scale) as the other night when scrimmaging clg after cam lagged out of discord, they lost full composure and looked like a different team for the rest of that scrim. Additionally, when this happens you do tend to see players arguing with one another, which only intensifies after they keep losing maps. 

With Regards Optic, I have no idea what is going on there, it could be a mixture of both, when things go well and they are hyped they look top 4, but then when something goes wrong, they just capitulate in embarrassing fashion. But they do not tend to grind the game as much as other teams either so who knows what is going on.

I have no idea if that made any sense, I just thought I would weigh in, as I feel there is something off with this renegades and optic teams and have for a while.

Thanks! Yeah you can tell RNGs problem was/is Ninja vs Commonly (they're both headstrong and think their opinion is 100% right 100% of the time). But I think they've been working on it. Over the last scrim with CLG and their series both of them have been less whiny and are listening to each other (even if they're just pretending, that's healthier for the team).

I think everyone should also keep in mind that CLG hasn't really had time on the new settings to widen the gap between themselves and the other teams again. Not saying it will definitely happen again, but adjusting the settings such that CLG needs to develop a new feel and new strats kind of levels the playing field a little bit in the short term.

They have had just as much time with the new settings as anyone else. I'm tired of hearing that.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

They have had just as much time with the new settings as anyone else. I'm tired of hearing that.

I think what he is trying to say, is that it will take time for CLG to figure out the dominant strats on the new maps/settings which will assert them the undisputed gods of halo 5 again. These changes have essentially shortened the skill gap between teams as the maps/settings which CLG had dam near perfect strategies are no longer relevant thus it will take time to reach that level of dominance once again.

• Upvote (+1) 4

They have had just as much time with the new settings as anyone else.

This is basically exactly my point.

edit: to be clear, I'm essentially saying it's my belief that as time goes on, CLG has shown an ability to increase the gap between themselves and others. Will they be able to translate this to the new settings? I obviously can't be certain, but I also have no reason to believe otherwise. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've got RNG and NV basically even in my rankings this week. I'm gonna be biased and put RNG at 4.

CLG

EG

E6

RNG

NV

ALG

TL

OG

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since the power-rankings are WEEKLY, yes, I'd put EG above CLG IF they beat them tonight...

But overall...no.

This is basically exactly my point.

edit: to be clear, I'm essentially saying it's my belief that as time goes on, CLG has shown an ability to increase the gap between themselves and others. Will they be able to translate this to the new settings? I obviously can't be certain, but I also have no reason to believe otherwis

Ok. Makes sense. Though like you said, we don't know for sure they will master these new settings to the same extent they did last seaon.

1) CLG

2) EG

3) nV

4) RNG

5) E6

6) Liquid

7) ALG

8) OpTic

I personally don't really see these as flubs. E6, EG, and RNG all put up huge fights. I mean, RNG was 3 points away from going to a game 7. I don't think that CLG had any competition at all last season, but I think this season we are seeing that gap close. CLG is still clearly number 1, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them lose a series soon. Lord knows they're due for it  :kappa:

I see your point. CLG is definitely number 1 atm but it seems like everyone is worried about who will dethrone them.

I'm waiting to post full power rankings until after we see what happens Thursday with the RNG vs E6 series (I assume E6 will win).

But as of now:

CLG

E6

EG

RNG

nV

ALG 

TL

Optic

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can somebody from Optic tell me what the fuck is going on with the sleeping schedule over there? What is actually wrong with Maniac? Does he realize all the gains he's losing?

https://twitter.com/OpTicFlamesword/status/737599615436918785

Flame prolly giving the kid coke and some baking soda. Thatd make dinner at 6am make sence to me. Nah all jokes that optic house gotta be unhealthy to live in after awhile. I mean a butch of kid adults living a dream cant really be to much house structure. Might as well hit up MTV for the next season of " The Real World Optic Edition"

Flame prolly giving the kid coke and some baking soda. Thatd make dinner at 6am make sence to me. Nah all jokes that optic house gotta be unhealthy to live in after awhile. I mean a butch of kid adults living a dream cant really be to much house structure. Might as well hit up MTV for the next season of " The Real World Optic Edition"

The ratings for that show would blow the roof off the OpTic house.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think what everyone is missing right now is the fact that CLG has lost more games recently than ever. If 2-3 plays go RNG's way rather than CLG, they win that series (The clutch reset by CLG on Pit in Empire SH at the 97-87ish mark, the Stasis flag which was very close, and some others I can't recall). That series was way closer than 4-2 makes it seem. Plus that 7-6 win against E6 was very unimpressive.

While I'm not putting CLG below anybody right now, they are starting to have some issues. If EG, with only 2 series of practice in over a week and a half, makes this next series a close one, I'd make the prediction that CLG doesn't win every event from here on out.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think what everyone is missing right now is the fact that CLG has lost more games recently than ever. If 2-3 plays go RNG's way rather than CLG, they win that series (The clutch reset by CLG on Pit in Empire SH at the 97-87ish mark, the Stasis flag which was very close, and some others I can't recall). That series was way closer than 4-2 makes it seem. Plus that 7-6 win against E6 was very unimpressive.

While I'm not putting CLG below anybody right now, they are starting to have some issues. If EG, with only 2 series of practice in over a week and a half, makes this next series a close one, I'd make the prediction that CLG doesn't win every event from here on out.

Or it could be a very simple and obvious fact, that the introduction of new maps/settings has nearly completely erased the gap between CLG and the 6 teams competing for second and then optic and elevate battling it out for 8th and relevancy. The maps/settings which CLG had dam near perfected are no more, therefore it will take time for them to perfect the new meta, it is almost like having a new game launch. Sure some teams might put up a better fight against CLG right now, but how will they cope a month or two down the road. CLG mastered the original settings, I cannot see this being any different but it won't happen overnight.

• Upvote (+1) 1

E6 lost 3-0 to NV but people are still putting them 2nd?

I have 'em at 4th in a nebulous 2-4th group.  They definitely look like they're slipping compared to last week, but could just be a slump.  When they're playing at their best, they seem to be better than the rest.

nV's only played Allegiance, E6, EG, and eLevate this week, and lost to EG, so there's not enough argument for me to jump them from 6th to top 4 because of one good series.

Shit. So would ALL the coke in manics nose!:p nah to be all serious hecs is a hella smart dude met him at the old C9 halo manager's wedding. If them missing out on this practice tournament doesnt want him to take complete reigns. I dont see the point of optic deserving a pro league spot whether they earned it or not.shoot some ams a sponsor and im sure they'll grind there ass off to make a challenge to the other 7 teams. Im not saying optics not good. Just if you cant show up to play clg then stay at cod and pull the halo squad out. Thats just a waste of talented halo pros not trying to be first honestly. At least act likeyour sick of CLG and king lethul ggiving you the sweaty D and winning everything. #CLG should be tweeting HCS "so you wanna sign the check now".

god give me premium just so I can give you all my energy. Lets be honest you had this already made or ur just that damn AMAZING.

8mTky8B.png

8mTky8B.png

Lol at first didnt even notice ace's face im kinda thanking you for making my day this early.

I remember when EG was the dominant team during H2A and early H5. Now its CLG on top. Then E6 was supposed to be the only CLGiant slayer and that didn't go well. Then RNG impressed and then flubbed against CLG. Can anyone truly topple CLG? Or are they destined for the ultimate distinction of the "Next Final Boss?"

There will never be a "next" Final Boss.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4