CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Once the legendary @@charas get's this update up and running I will be covering EU scrims on @HCSPowerRanks as well. 

Hoping to get an EU power rankings going on too. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

My predictions:

CLG 4-1 Random Noob Generator

nV 4 - 1 Evil Genies

Finals

nV 4 - 3 Commonly Logical Gamers

Well CLG are still due for a loss...

@@NoobyDooby

• Upvote (+1) 3

lets be real here though if Halo had the same amount of players in every region.. asia or eu would be the best regions. Their dedication and infrastructure is just too strong for them not to be the strongest region in every game they actually care about. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 7

My bold Prediction for today

RNG goes up 3-0, Reverse sweep CLG wins 4-3.

Envy goes up 3-0, Reverse sweep EG wins 4-3.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

lets be real here though if Halo had the same amount of players in every region.. asia or eu would be the best regions. Their dedication and infrastructure is just too strong for them not to be the strongest region in every game they actually care about. 

Both China and EU legitimately care about Dota and yet American teams still manage to be successful, evening winning TI. Same thing with Hearthstone as far as I'm aware. 

The most notable examples of Asian dominance are obviously Starcraft and LoL, neither of which apply to your scenario because Asia is overwhelming the largest region for both games. 

And I don't even think the Korean "infrastructure" would even apply to Halo if they took it seriously there. Most of it is the leftovers of what existed with Brood War, but it's not really applicable to Halo because they are completely different games. Skills and coaching from Brood War could carry over to a game like LoL, but it wouldn't work that well for a console game like Halo. North America would also benefit from the fact that the apex of competitive Halo, 2 and 3, took place here. Korean aren't magically going to have a Halo coach come out of nowhere with the knowledge that NA legends have just because they have the same player base size.

Perhaps the work ethic and Korean mentality would allow them to succeed, but it can only take you so far. If I played every day for 12 hours with Towey coaching me, I would still never be as a good as Ogre 2. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

USA #1

;)

Take a look here, i had a pretty productive weekend (girlfriend does not agree) and pushed an update just about an hour ago where i try to make it work for Pro League.

http://halo5arena.com/proleague/na

EU is also available there.

I build on the tracker to make up these pages, the idea is to have it update for every game (all views synced) but i will need help to actually find all the EU games (as i dont count on beeing available to manipulate) but at least it should be a nice place to get a good overview and some stats. (if i cant match a game in real time i will add it later at some time anyway). As for the tracker, it should work really fast during set times but i dont guarentee for anything :)

Take a look at the "Preview/Prev" Tab on the page to get actual data. Also, todays games might show up there later. Not sure i have time to look  at the EU scrims before Pro League. But i tried to make it good for mobile use!

Oh and no EU Logos so far :/ And a total of 112 series is wrong for EU i admit.

Awesome! Looks great!

Was only asking as just before worlds EU scrims were appearing on the site.

Looks like I didn't need to ask, you're already one step ahead!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watching Overwatch and saw they had a second screen bottom right sometimes to show the the other teams perspective. I thought that was pretty nifty. Anyone else think that could be something to add to Halo?

Both China and EU legitimately care about Dota and yet American teams still manage to be successful, evening winning TI. Same thing with Hearthstone as far as I'm aware. 

The most notable examples of Asian dominance are obviously Starcraft and LoL, neither of which apply to your scenario because Asia is overwhelming the largest region for both games. 

Let's clear something up here first...

Spoiler tagged for those who want to skip a mostly off-topic rant.

China and EU have each won 2 The International tournaments.  NA (Evil Geniuses) won the most recent one, but the star of the team who got the most attention was an import from Pakistan (Sumail).

Second: The reason NA dominates console esports is entirely related to sample size.  Console games (specifically: shooters) are far, far more popular in the states than they are in other regions, because in Asia and EU, you have PC Bangs / Netcafes where you can get together with friends...and PC is better than Console ;)

More Players = Higher chance that the talented ones will be discovered / nurtured in the game / rise to the top.  Also means a higher base level of competition so players are able to improve more rapidly.

Less players = Lower chance that talented ones will stick with the game / lower base level of competition because top level stagnates and has no reason to keep improving.

Fighting games (read: Street Fighter) are traditionally dominated by Japanese players, because that country has a fluorishing arcade scene to foster talent.

PC Strategy games (StarCraft) gets dominated by Korea because even though the game is EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD, it's still one of the top 10 most played games in PC Bangs in the country there.

In League of Legends, NA is quite possibly the weakest region despite this being a globally popular game where EVERY region has a large sample size of players... EU tends to produce the strongest mid laners, and Korea still wins everything.  Korea has a strong coaching infrastructure where in some cases the coaches literally beat the players for bad performances / disobedience.  EU has a strong solo queue infrastructure where every single player tries to win the game solo (best place to do that from is mid lane) so mid laners are basically raised in a situation where they have to hard carry "1v9" so they learn the best ways to do so.  NA's coaching structure is finally catching up thanks to $$$$$, but its talent doesn't get raised in solo queue because no one actually gives a fuck about winning.  NA talent is weak because no one learns the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

And I don't even think the Korean "infrastructure" would even apply to Halo if they took it seriously there. Most of it is the leftovers of what existed with Brood War, but it's not really applicable to Halo because they are completely different games. Skills and coaching from Brood War could carry over to a game like LoL, but it wouldn't work that well for a console game like Halo. North America would also benefit from the fact that the apex of competitive Halo, 2 and 3, took place here. Korean aren't magically going to have a Halo coach come out of nowhere with the knowledge that NA legends have just because they have the same player base size.

Perhaps the work ethic and Korean mentality would allow them to succeed, but it can only take you so far. If I played every day for 12 hours with Towey coaching me, I would still never be as a good as Ogre 2.

So because NA won 1 TI you are going to dismiss the Argument that NA is inferior in every major Esport.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Source on the coaches beating players? out of curiosity of course, not scepticism. No wonder there are no decent Korean Halo teams they're all bleeding out after choking the over.

So because NA won 1 TI you are going to dismiss the Argument that NA is inferior in every major Esport.

I'm not saying NA is the strongest region in Dota, but it's not like they're completely irrelevant. I'm just saying that you can't apply the situation that exists in LoL and SC to every single game. 

I'm not saying NA is the strongest region in Dota, but it's not like they're completely irrelevant. I'm just saying that you can't apply the situation that exists in LoL and SC to every single game.

NA is the weakest region in all the games that matter.

LoL, Dota, CSGO, SC2, and in old Games too, Warcraft/Quake/BW

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Source on the coaches beating players? out of curiosity of course, not scepticism. No wonder there are no decent Korean Halo teams they're all bleeding out after choking the over.

Don't have a hard source, word of mouth from people in Korea.  May have been Monte on Summoning Insight, but not 100% positive on that.

Quake

u wot m8

• Upvote (+1) 2

>Quake 

lol there, I guess Fatality and Thresh aren't American. 

I'd also argue that they aren't the weakest region in Dota either, but I guess that's up to debate. 

All I'm trying to say is that if Asia and Europe suddenly had the same population of Halo players as North America did, they wouldn't out of nowhere become the best. Saying that if Korea put time in consoles instead of PCs they would be dominating Halo is the equivalent of going into a soccer/football forum and saying that American players might be subpar right now, but if the US hadn't founded baseball and started playing basketball they would be the best soccer players in the world. 

Is it true? Possibly. But it's such a pointless argument because it's based purely on hypotheticals. 

lol. you can spawn on OS on empire strongholds. Great job 343

Yeah that's kinda dumb. FREE OS! GET IT NOW!

Melee. 4 out of the 6 best players in the world are NA.

XSC3LlB.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1