CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I predict nV over EG quite easily IMO today. 

EG still hasn't really caught up to other teams since taking a week off. Even Snipedown said the rest of the team barely even played at all despite just Suspector being unable to play.

They didn't even scrim last night, so I expect the rust to be too much for them today against a hot team like nV. 

CLG 3 | RNG 1 (if BO7 4-1)

nV 3 | EG 1 (if BO7 4-2)

________

CLG 3 | nV 0 (if BO7 4-1)

scrimscores529.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

i feel bad for people who picked optic players for their fantasy team :wutface:

Wouldn't CLG players also be at a big disadvantage to because they lose a full series-worth of stats.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well eff me in the A for saying nV was going to get 3-0'd...

I'm clearly an idiot,

Someone said it earlier in the forums never bet against MIkwen you should know better Alex ;)

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wouldn't CLG players also be at a big disadvantage to because they lose a full series-worth of stats.

the final fantasy scores are from averaged scores of each series, i think we are just gonna omit that first series from the average

so they are at an disadvantage but not a huge one 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just got caught up on Goldenboy's rebroadcast from yesterday and this casting trio is fantastic. I wouldn't mind seeing events switch to having three people rather than the usual two as it reduces the likelihood of getting a combination of two people with the same commentary style.

That said, does anyone know when it starts up again today?

• Upvote (+1) 2

the final fantasy scores are from averaged scores of each series, i think we are just gonna omit that first series from the average

Just curious, is that how other eSports do it? Average and not total?

Seems like two completely different strategies. One you would draft most individually skilled players, one you would draft maybe slightly less skilled players knowing they will acquire more points going further in the tourneys.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just curious, is that how other eSports do it? Average and not total?

Seems like two completely different strategies. One you would draft most individually skilled players, one you would draft maybe slightly less skilled players knowing they will acquire more points going further in the tourneys.

other sports do totals

but we concluded we had to do average because unlike in traditional sports teams play an uneven amount of games

some series go 5 games, some go 3 games (bo5 example)

we didn't want to punish clg for winning series in 3 games and we didn't want to reward teams for winning series in 5 games 

• Upvote (+1) 4

My fantasy team wayy OP so this is the only way to knock me from the top is basically what you're saying.  

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

My fantasy team wayy OP so this is the only way to knock me from the top is basically what you're saying.  

:kappa:

we found a way to point break your fantasy team  :flip:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hey everyone,

I highlighted the 3 games from yesterday and made some fancy thumbnails for them too. No one can ever say I didn't care! :wutface:

EG vs TL: https://www.twitch.tv/goldenboyftw/v/69522758

ALG vs RNG: https://www.twitch.tv/goldenboyftw/v/69523116

NV vs E6: https://www.twitch.tv/goldenboyftw/v/69523416

We start back up at 6pm PT today with Semi-Final action! See you soon.

You are a magnificent, beautiful, wonderful bastard! Don't ever change!

• Upvote (+1) 1

other sports do totals

but we concluded we had to do average because unlike in traditional sports teams play an uneven amount of games

some series go 5 games, some go 3 games (bo5 example)

we didn't want to punish clg for winning series in 3 games and we didn't want to reward teams for winning series in 5 games 

It should be a mix of both, not one or the other.

You dont want to punish teams for winning series' quicker.

But now you're rewarding teams that fail to make it farther in tournaments.

Especially in scenarios where a team loses in 3 games, is out, but 1 player went off. Then they end up having an insane K/D (like 1.80 or something), but over 3 games, it's not a good measurement.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So is NV good now ?

They've always been good but after the new rotation it seems they've really improved. Everyone was caught up in the E6/RNG hype they slept on Mikwen and Ola and the boys in blue really showed up.

nV 3-0 E6

RNG 3-2 ALG

EG 3-2 TL

OpTic DQ'd, CLG advances

CyReN already explained it above me, but here is the bracket for tomorrow if you need it.

http://challonge.com/hcspreview

Starts back up at 9pm Eastern.

Thanks guys

The casting in the RNG vs ALG games was really funny! Great job  Golden Boy, Walshy, and Ogre 2! 

I want Ogre 2 to become a caster and just call it Goatcast. I can't be the only one, right? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

How long does that last though? It seems like we always have this brief moment when players stop competing and swap to casting where they're SO good compared to the other casters and then they don't really play and the months slip by until they don't really know whats going on anymore. I wish we could have someone like 2gre cast but continue to play and learn so they never fall off knowledge wise

I only watched one series, but the major difference between Ogre 2's analysis versus Walshy/other current/ex pros...  He wasn't just talking about what players should be doing tactically or how certain gametypes should be played.

He was putting complex ideas into single words ("Players need to be spread out across the map so they can cover lots of angles / gather lots of information / help each other without being susceptible to splash damage." - SPACING) to make it easier to reference those ideas throughout the cast.  This is something that is desperately needed in Halo color commentary/analysis.

• Upvote (+1) 5