CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Kind of upset that a map that is more asymmetrical than Beaver Creek gets in for CTF over Tyrant. Tyrant CTF quickly became one of my favorite game types in Halo 5.

And now I can't even play it in matchmaking

• Upvote (+1) 7

Kind of upset that a map that is more asymmetrical than Beaver Creek gets in for CTF over Tyrant. Tyrant CTF quickly became one of my favorite game types in Halo 5.

What asymmetrical map are you talking about? Most asymmetrical maps are more asymmetric than Beaver Creek.

I honestly think if Tyrant had been in at launch we would be playing it and it would still be in the settings right now. I feel like the launch maps get an uncomfortable amount of passes for their flaws for no real reason when compared to some of the newer maps. Overgrowth and Riptide were trash however you want to look at that though

• Upvote (+1) 3

This is where you say, "Just kidding!"........ 

Edit: So sorry, for some reason I read Tyrant as Torque and thought you were on drugs! 

I honestly think if Tyrant had been in at launch we would be playing it and it would still be in the settings right now. I feel like the launch maps get an uncomfortable amount of passes for their flaws for no real reason when compared to some of the newer maps. Overgrowth and Riptide were trash however you want to look at that though

Yeah Tyrant was good. I liked it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder why they never tested Strongholds Tyrant. The problems I have with Tyrant are similar to the issues with Empire imo and the only game type on Empire is Strongholds. Wouldn't be bad to have one at each base and one either outside on LR. Also think the map has enough unique spots to maybe try 5 strongholds? With H5's rotation based gameplay I think it could be really cool.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are there any pros on here who expessed discontent with tyrant CTF to 343, who could shed some light on the situation?

I thought it was easily one of the better gametypes in the game

• Upvote (+1) 2

What asymmetrical map are you talking about? Most asymmetrical maps are more asymmetric than Beaver Creek.

Stasis. Blue side has much more cover and red side is much more open. I'm guessing it will cause the map to give red an advantage unless spawns are different for both sides.

Simply put it was too hallwaysy and a small map. It's like a choose your own adventure book where path 1 is ******** to take and path 2 is predictable as shit.

Apparently ******** is a banned word on this forum, fuck you saucey, it described this perfectly.

Lol I'm so curious as to what ******* means.

Kinda bummed though because now a farely well received gametype can now only be played in customs. They need an objective playlist

Lol I'm so curious as to what ******* means.

It meant if you choose path 1, you were literally ********

• Upvote (+1) 5

truth

ffs guys ... lol.  If someone is just outside the Grandmaster rank in chess, are they bad at chess?  Are we being serious right now?  A chess player who can beat 99% of chess players in the world isn't good at chess?  I understand like the melodramatic / metaphorical sense of "only when I became very good at something did I realize how much better the top 1% of players were" but let's not go overboard

• Upvote (+1) 2

ffs guys ... lol.  If someone is just outside the Grandmaster rank in chess, are they bad at chess?  Are we being serious right now?  A chess player who can beat 99% of chess players in the world isn't good at chess?  I understand like the melodramatic / metaphorical sense of "only when I became very good at something did I realize how much better the top 1% of players were" but let's not go overboard

Just out of curiosity, what's your Halo rank?

• Upvote (+1) 1

ffs guys ... lol. If someone is just outside the Grandmaster rank in chess, are they bad at chess? Are we being serious right now? A chess player who can beat 99% of chess players in the world isn't good at chess? I understand like the melodramatic / metaphorical sense of "only when I became very good at something did I realize how much better the top 1% of players were" but let's not go overboard

You are being an antijerker right now

If you can lose to a person who isn't even a top .01%er without him even trying, you're shit. Onyx 1600s can't beat Optic Gary when he's not trying.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Just out of curiosity, what's your Halo rank?

lol ... not actually relevant at all, but telling that you would ask!  40-ish in MLG H3, low Diamond in H5 Arena; don't worry, I'm aware that I'm terrible at this game (I just enjoy playing competitive gametypes)

o no, optic gaaaaary

lol ... not actually relevant at all, but telling that you would ask!  40-ish in MLG H3, low Diamond in H5 Arena; don't worry, I'm aware that I'm terrible at this game (I just enjoy playing competitive gametypes)

interesting. so you are dismissing a certain perspective why?