CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The question that should be on everyone's mind is - when will @@RyaNoob finally upload an avatar to Beyond?

The same day he uploads an avatar to his youtube channel

vSxO9Hi.png

@@RyaNoob cmon bruh  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 9

I would love to play top rated community forged maps.

For what it's worth, a few friends and I tried out a bunch of the top rated (non-remake) 4v4 maps on ForgeHub a few weeks ago, and came away pretty disappointed. They all relied on gimmicky features, were poorly thought out, or existed only to show off aesthetic forge tricks. I'm no expert, but none of them seemed competitive to me.

I know Crazymiller had a bounty out for competitive forge maps, not sure how that turned out though. Is there a thread for this kind of thing?

For what it's worth, a few friends and I tried out a bunch of the top rated (non-remake) 4v4 maps on ForgeHub a few weeks ago, and came away pretty disappointed. They all relied on gimmicky features, were poorly thought out, or existed only to show off aesthetic forge tricks. I'm no expert, but none of them seemed competitive to me.

I know Crazymiller had a bounty out for competitive forge maps, not sure how that turned out though. Is there a thread for this kind of thing?

Damn that's disappointing. I remember trying out h4 reach maps for hours and people always focused on the gimmicks rather than just being a good map like onslaught amp and some reach maps

Oddball probably wouldn't work too well in this game. Same reason Assault doesn't. Bad spawn locations, an 8 second respawn timer, and fast spartan abilities.

It wouldn't work on a large majority of the maps in the HCS for this reason alone. I'm all for testing. In fact I loved extraction I'm just skeptical about it in h5.

Fuel rod isn't bad. The plasma caster was literally never used ever by the Pro's. Power weapon control is more exciting than pure precision weapon battles all game. Why do you think Onsluaght sucked ass. The problem is the fuelRod is way overpowered in CTF.

Hydra on truth makes no sense. it's a small map. Nobody will pick it up that much.

Whoa! Hold on there, kiddo. Onslaught CTF was good. Maybe you're thinking Amplified TS?

• Upvote (+1) 5

There has not been many forgers making 4v4 maps on Forgehub because of the 2v2 contest that ate up most forgers time the last few months. I would never trust the rating system there. First, because most of us forgers are scrubs at the game. Second, people circle jerking each other so they can get their maps tested and liked. When 343 actually asks for 4v4 maps for MM you will probably see some better stuff be made.

Also, the more good players forgers can get on their maps the better they will become. Forgers need feedback so they can satisfy who they want to satisfy.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Whoa! Hold on there, kiddo. Onslaught CTF was good. Maybe you're thinking Amplified TS?

I would do dirty things for an Onslaught based H5 forge map. Maybe not an exact copy, but something very similar but made for H5's mechanics

I would do dirty things for an Onslaught based H5 forge map. Maybe not an exact copy, but something very similar but made for H5's mechanics

Truth?

I mean Onslaught was made to mimic Midship so..

• Upvote (+1) 1

Truth?

I mean Onslaught was made to mimic Midship so..

The only resemblance is a 2 base 2 tower map. 

By that logic, coliseum, regret, fathom all mimic midship too.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

lol not even onyx 1600? super scrub.

1v1  me noob. You act like you're on the best team in the world!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not sure on the exact numbers for 1600, but halo5arena says my account (very low onyx) is Top 5% in Team Arena. In context, the 1600+ crowd is a super low proportion of the Halo population. Even more so, considering a lot of players don't even touch the playlist. 

Once again. Not saying people who are in 1600 Onyx. JUST HOW IT FEELS ON THESE FORUMS! When everyone seems to be a pro, or Champion. 

I wouldn't go that far. The difference is that those maps are huge af. Onslaught, from what I've read over the years, was made as a substitute for Middy in Halo 3 since there wasn't a small map like Middy in the game.

I just don't see the need for an Onslaught remake in Halo 5. Personally I'm kinda tired of symmetrical maps. Can we please get some good asymmetrical maps please?

• Upvote (+1) 2

They are. There are nuances that differ but the major spots as far as positioning goes never change with this style of map. The only major difference most of the time is whether the middle is a power position or a dead zone.

I wasn't calling everyone not ONyx 1600 a scrub. (I'm  not that high). Just saying that's how it feels on these forums. :)

hahaha MLG forums were the same way, anyone under a 48 in the MLG H3 playlist was literally garbage

are they not?

lol in all seriousness, someone who is 1580 in Onyx or was a 47 in H3 MLG is better than 97-99% percent of people who play Halo, so "garbage" might be a strong word.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

tfw lethul steals your clip

• Upvote (+1) 1

my bad, yeah

I'm better than 99.9% of people in dota and I'm complete and utter shit at it.

Relative to pro players,maybe. But when up against regular schmoes you're streets ahead.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm better than 99.9% of people in dota and I'm complete and utter shit at it.

Because that game has a massive population, H5 on the other hand has a fraction of a game like Dota, so being top 1 percent is a lot smaller club.