CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Really excited about seeing fewer autos in comp. play, except for SAW *barfs*. Are these settings final for season 1 of Pro League, or could we see changes in the middle of the season?

Will also be interesting to see which teams gain from the new settings. 

They could change slightly but majority is locked in.

I've been out of the loop with settings. Can someone tell me one thing: Is Fuel Rod and/or Hydra still on Truth? 

To keep this on topic, E6 top 2, RNG will fall back into the classic Ninja-team zone of top 6.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Am I the only one who liked Truth Assault?

Truth Assault was the only Assault variant I was ok with if it absolutely had to be in. The gametype needs some serious fixes before it's complete though, imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So wait. Hydra and fuel rod on Truth and Saw on Fathom are actually going to be in Pro League?

What the fuck. I thought those changes were sick jokes this whole time.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So did pros hate Tyrant CTF? I actually enjoyed watching and playing it...

Edit: I kinda lament the inclusion of Saw in competitive since its auto, but I'm curious to see how it plays out in scrims... I am begining to suspect that it might not end up being a big deal. On average, it'll probably make a less significant impact than Railguns and fuel rod cannons and even tier 2s like shotty and scatter...

• Upvote (+1) 3

So wait. Hydra and fuel rod on Truth and Saw on Fathom are actually going to be in Pro League?

Nope, despite all the complaints, they are indeed there.

Pretty upsetting.

So did pros hate Tyrant CTF? I actually enjoyed watching and playing it...

I think they hated assault in general. One map that's it's good on doesn't quantify having it in the rotation.

I think they hated assault in general. One map that's it's good on doesn't quantify having it in the rotation.

No I get that Assualt needs to be overhauled completely, I'm specifically talking about CTF on tyrant.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't think the SAW is on Fathom, but on Empire instead of the Scattershot.

On topic though, I like the idea of Pro League teams being ok with scrims against non-Pro League teams. I think that level of practice is better than no practice or matchmaking at the very least. Anyone else have thoughts on it?

I don't know if I'll get flamed for this or not but I'm extremely upset with the new map rotation. It's going to get very stale playing the same maps and gametypes that we have already been playing for the next 3 months. I was excited to see the pros learn and adapt to new gametypes and maps. Oh well pros had too much of a say this time imo

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

No I get that Assualt needs to be overhauled completely, I'm specifically talking about CTF on tyrant.

Lol I completely misread your post my bad. I'm still tilted from these changes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know if I'll get flamed for this or not but I'm extremely upset with the new map rotation. It's going to get very stale playing the same maps and gametypes that we have already been playing for the next 3 months. I was excited to see the pros learn and adapt to new gametypes and maps. Oh well pros had too much of a say this time imo

I agree for the most part, the problem is 343 didn't create/make available for testing anything that was really worth replacing the current maps with. It would have been nice to see some of the top forge maps made by the community given a chance to make the pro league/team arena rotation.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah Fuel Rod and the Hydra on Truth make absolutely no sense. Might as well add a gravity hammer on Coliseum while we're at it lol. But it's whatevs, I don't have to play it so.. Looking forward to the upcoming matches.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree for the most part, the problem is 343 didn't create/make available for testing anything that was really worth replacing the current maps with. It would have been nice to see some of the top forge maps made by the community given a chance to make the pro league/team arena rotation.

Yeah you're right, I didn't think of it that way. There wasn't really anything to offer that was better but I still would have liked to see a few new things get added that forced the pros to learn and adapt.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I try not to jump into game type discussion and stick to what I know(memes and making poor career decisions) but I wish we had more flag and less slayer. It's so much fun.

Also, Oddball, where you at? In a game with such an emphasis on movement and verticality I'm amazed we haven't seen it yet

Their refusal to make oddball a focus is borderline insanity. Such a good gametype and would work very well in competitive halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Their refusal to make oddball a focus is borderline insanity. Such a good gametype and would work very well in competitive halo 5.

I really want extraction. @@RyaNoob do you think it would play well on any of the current maps?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't post much--ever, really. However, I felt the need to make my voice heard that Tyrant CTF deserved to be in the rotation more than half the other gametypes. And I was honestly expecting for it to be in, so I'm a little shocked.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think I'd prefer something like 5 or 7 total gametypes. That way, it would be easier and less time consuming to sit through an entire scrim.

Remember how stale H2A was to watch after just one season? Well even that had like 10 gametypes, even if it only had 3 maps.

Also I will never understand the reason people want slayer in the pro rotation. Do people not like watching it? Do you think it's not competitive? Genuinely curious. I think it's an essential gametype, as it's really the basis of Halo, and it's also still quite competitive. I don't really think every gametype has to have an objective, especially for it to be fun to watch.

Now, how slayer is handled in this game is a different story and debate, which should be saved for the settings thread. But I think if it's handled right it should be in every competitive Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3