CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That's the ranking system trying to say, you don't belong at champion.  It's like that at all ranks. So if you are diamond, but always finishing top 2 on your team, you probably don't belong in diamond. Therefore, you lose less csr when you lose despite your teammates, and gain more because you probably carried to get top 2. Its trying to get you to whatever rank you truely belong at as quick as possible. In theory when you get to the rank you belong at, you won't be finishing top 2 anymore and it evens out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's the ranking system trying to say, you don't belong at champion.  It's like that at all ranks. So if you are diamond, but always finishing top 2 on your team, you probably don't belong in diamond. Therefore, you lose less csr when you lose despite your teammates, and gain more because you probably carried to get top 2. Its trying to get you to whatever rank you truely belong at as quick as possible. In theory when you get to the rank you belong at, you won't be finishing top 2 anymore and it evens out.

This would mean that stats affect your rank after placements, which is contrary to what we've been led to believe.

And contrary to logic.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This would mean that stats affect your rank after placements, which is contrary to what we've been led to believe.

And contrary to logic.

I agree. That's just how it was explained to me before. And it makes sense in that screenshot.

SCRIMS?

There would be if Lethul and CLG took my scrim invites seriously in Lethul's chat.

• Upvote (+1) 3

hydra launcher = pick it up, lock onto enemy, aim at the sky, shoot repeatedly. Come on now, get rid of this garbage.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 11

hydra launcher = pick it up, lock onto enemy, aim at the sky, shoot repeatedly. Come on now, get rid of this garbage.

See I don't think it's that easy. To successfully use the hydra you have to flank, avoid getting knocked out of scope to get a couple of shots out with tracking, and hope that the target doesn't evade the shells.

If the target has awareness they can thruster at the last second to usually dodge unless they're totally in the open.

I'm not saying it's the ultimate competitive weapon but it has its uses and the recent buffs make it more viable as a tactical weapon like the needler or plasma pistol. Not complete trash.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

image.jpg

What do you mean man everything's great in Halo 5 there are no easy and quick fixes to make the game better. I only wish that every map had double the hydra launchers and railguns!

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

In H2A I liked having oddball/assault. It made for some nice fun matches and helped break up the monotony that is Strongholds, Slayer, and CTF currently. It'd be nice to have an assault/oddball/or something other than the usual three. Gets repetitive after a while.

Also: why didn't pros use the Plasma caster on truth? It would always be up and never touched. The few that I saw it used was at the LCQ.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

In H2A I liked having oddball/assault. It made for some nice fun matches and helped break up the monotony that is Strongholds, Slayer, and CTF currently. It'd be nice to have an assault/oddball/or something other than the usual three. Gets repetitive after a while.

Also: why didn't pros use the Plasma caster on truth? It would always be up and never touched. The few that I saw it used was at the LCQ.

Has Oddball been tested at all? Seems like it would work way better than Assault, and IMO more entertaining to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We need to start picking up suppressors before 343 replaces them with fuel rods.

"When looking at weapon use in professional matches, we noticed that ARs were used for substantially fewer than 50% of kills. Here at 343, we believe in a dynamic and varied sandbox and as a result we have decided to replace AR starts with Saw starts."

• Downvote (-1) 1

Can't watch Contra stream anymore because of how much he start button headcases now

FeelsBadMan

• Upvote (+1) 8

We need to start picking up suppressors before 343 replaces them with fuel rods.

Honestly though, what is the point of the random suppressors/boltshots?

When the fantasy site is finished, do you plan on doing it like draftkings? Where you get a certain amount of money to spend each event and the better players cost more?

@@Moses_FPS

• Upvote (+1) 1