CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There are a lot of pros that agree that it's very difficult for AMs to enter the competitive/pro scene. I think a part of that has to do with how pros themselves treat/talk about people that they have close games with/lose to in MM (though, of course, it's seldom). It's strange to beat a to3/to4 of pros and immediately tune into their stream to hear their teammates (other pros) complain that the only reason they lost is because of the other team playing "nerdy" or similar, their fourth making a bad last minute play, etc.

Maybe I'm alone in that.

EDIT; Another one I always hear is "these guys are trying SO hard!" I mean, I'm only speaking for myself, but of course I'm going to try my hardest against people who I look up to in the competitive community and it sucks when those same people basically just bag you for trying to beat the best in the game.

Thanks for playing with Ola and I a few days ago :)
  • Upvote (+1) 9

Honestly, @@GoldenboyFTW mostly leaving is worse than the GOAT retiring. The GOAT chose to retire because he didnt want to deal with rostermania and he didn't particularly enjoy the game. We as a community pushed Goldenboy away. I'm glad that he's got a lot of opportunities with Over watch and the new projects at Twitch because I want the man to be successful, but it just really sucks to know that we heavily contributed to him leaving. Good luck Alex, I wish you the best.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Thanks for playing with Ola and I a few days ago :)

Thanks to you both for the invitation :)

• Upvote (+1) 7

someone needs to apologize to goldenboy because he's great at what he does and contributes a great deal to our community

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Crazy how people believe one person. First of all I didn't donate to Randa he knows that and he still thinks I did it he is a fucking loser. Media Brute was signed to a contract saying "My compensation for this work will be $800 per month beginning June 1st, 2016, and the duration of this contract is for 180 days beginning on June 1st, 2016. Roger the "COO" didn't even have a contract he barely worked and was apart of Soul eSports for 2-3 weeks.

Halo Players: They competed in the LCQ but didn't make it they broke up as a team and still expected to be on contract and to get paid. That just doesn't make any sense. Their contract also stated "$800 a month starts June 1st and so when they broke up I told them that their contracts have been terminated.

COD Team: They said they had everything paid for all they wanted was Jerseys I told them I can do that but seeing how they were playing and losing to teams that places top 100 I dropped them.

So after all that I didn't have any teams and I had someone offer me a good price for the documents and the name Soul eSports that I couldn't let go.

Roger then went on my twitter because both Roger and John had my twitter info & started sending bad DM's to our players and sponsors. Then deleted them so I couldn't see them so after that I deleted the twitter and made a brand new one @BrianRussell_.

Thank you for taking your time reading this hopefully everyone just drops it cause I am allowed to drop anyone and sell my own org when ever I want it said that in the contracts too.

I started when soul officially launched and had swish and blakerz... Lol I've been apart of a soul for a month and a half and have the proof of it. ITG will be releasing article explaining EVERYTHING. Brian is a pathological liar, and as everyone can read here he is a child. Who knows what he says anymore is even close to being true. I had access to the Soul Twitter once and it was for Burbank. I deleted it, and to access it I would need a access code which would be sent to Brian. He lashes out of anger and dosent think about it, I have proof of him doing it to me multiple times through skype lol. A lot of red flags and the article will explain a little more. Hope the Halo guys and Mediabrute get paid they really deserve it. If Brian had all this money people like @@mediabrute would be paid already.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Crazy how people believe one person. First of all I didn't donate to Randa he knows that and he still thinks I did it he is a fucking loser. Media Brute was signed to a contract saying "My compensation for this work will be $800 per month beginning June 1st, 2016, and the duration of this contract is for 180 days beginning on June 1st, 2016. Roger the "COO" didn't even have a contract he barely worked and was apart of Soul eSports for 2-3 weeks.

Halo Players: They competed in the LCQ but didn't make it they broke up as a team and still expected to be on contract and to get paid. That just doesn't make any sense. Their contract also stated "$800 a month starts June 1st and so when they broke up I told them that their contracts have been terminated.

COD Team: They said they had everything paid for all they wanted was Jerseys I told them I can do that but seeing how they were playing and losing to teams that places top 100 I dropped them.

So after all that I didn't have any teams and I had someone offer me a good price for the documents and the name Soul eSports that I couldn't let go.

Roger then went on my twitter because both Roger and John had my twitter info & started sending bad DM's to our players and sponsors. Then deleted them so I couldn't see them so after that I deleted the twitter and made a brand new one @BrianRussell_.

Thank you for taking your time reading this hopefully everyone just drops it cause I am allowed to drop anyone and sell my own org when ever I want it said that in the contracts too.

Barley worked for soul..........

when will beyond forum start holding some blame to the players who sign these contracts? Im not on the side of soul or denial or whatever shitty org has come and gone, but at some point players need to really understand what exactly they are signing and the kind of people who are representing them. 

/devilsadvocate

also i hate that spartan says "and the viewers will probably hate to watch", like you dont know what the majority of viewers want! i personally like stasis flag and assault truth! LRN2ADAPT NOOB :kappa:  

/badmoodfeelingedgy :uncledrew:

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Crazy how people believe one person. First of all I didn't donate to Randa he knows that and he still thinks I did it he is a fucking loser. Media Brute was signed to a contract saying "My compensation for this work will be $800 per month beginning June 1st, 2016, and the duration of this contract is for 180 days beginning on June 1st, 2016. Roger the "COO" didn't even have a contract he barely worked and was apart of Soul eSports for 2-3 weeks. 

So after all that I didn't have any teams and I had someone offer me a good price for the documents and the name Soul eSports that I couldn't let go.

BUQFI8k.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

Whatever you say, Brian "AGL Brad Jr" Russell. Just pay people the money you owe them and then get the fuck away from us.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Please slow down guys. the last few pages in this thread have been too much.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spartan doing more than most people seem to. 

as a fan, i enjoy watching stasis flag.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I hope this isn't too harsh or anything but I feel like a lot of the vitriol Goldenboy got thrown at him by this community was caused by his own inexperience of the very game he was casting. 

There are a lot of Halo casters that people could argue aren't a good fit for Halo based on their CASTING abilities like Bravo and Strongside (the latter of whom I personally love casting) but I don't think that anyone can say those guys aren't knowledgeable enough about Halo and its evolving meta.  Those two as well as casters like Simms are constantly breaking down plays and parsing what's happening into an easily digestible format on the fly, which allows viewers who aren't familiar with Halo to keep up. On a purely anecdotal standpoint, almost every single time I witnessed Goldenboy cast Halo he was constantly getting things wrong like callouts/strategies and often had to be corrected by another caster.  He comes off as kind of "lost" when casting Halo and clings way too much to over-hyping simple things like a double kill with rockets or a quick sniper snapshot, etc.  I get that he works for Twitch and more than likely has a lot going on at once but I never felt like he was informed enough about Halo to be casting it at a professional level. 

I still think he's an awesome dude and hope the best for him in his future endeavors but I think that his departure may be the best thing for both him and Halo.  I really hope that 343i starts putting people like Ghost and Towey in the booth a little more as both of those guys absolutely nail it, in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Crazy how people believe one person. First of all I didn't donate to Randa he knows that and he still thinks I did it he is a fucking loser. Media Brute was signed to a contract saying "My compensation for this work will be $800 per month beginning June 1st, 2016, and the duration of this contract is for 180 days beginning on June 1st, 2016. Roger the "COO" didn't even have a contract he barely worked and was apart of Soul eSports for 2-3 weeks. 

So after all that I didn't have any teams and I had someone offer me a good price for the documents and the name Soul eSports that I couldn't let go.

526338_metalocalypse-dethklok-nathan-exp

• Upvote (+1) 4

Y'know, I really don't care if Goldenboy ever played a game of Halo in his life. He's still EONS more charismatic than anyone else Halo has had in the booth, bar Puckett, and single-handedly made boring matches fun to watch. The fact that he improved as much as he did and was as genuinely enthusiastic about Halo as he was only made him that much better.

I also think it's funny how the same people who bash Goldenboy's casting probably love the likes of Puckett and Dmaq, who weren't much better when it came to high-level knowledge.

Enjoy your Bravos and Strongsides everyone. You'll miss him soon.

I don't like Goldenboy but enjoy Puckett. The reason is Puckett understands he's not an analyst, but rather the play-by-play caster. Goldenboy too frequently would include his own experiences and knowledge into his casting when he is well below the threshold to do so. Puckett would make fun of himself (Puckett rockets) and include his experiences in that sense but within his own scope without stepping over his boundary. Puckett would ask the more knowledgeable partner at his side (Ghandi/Shockwave) what strat a team is doing or what a player may be trying to accomplish in a certain situation where Goldenboy would leave it up to his own devices to just talk about everything. This then leads to him giving out wrong information and, thus, backlash from the community.

I think Goldenboy has a ton of potential to be a great caster, he just needs to realize he isn't commentating because of his game knowledge.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So SouleSports can drop donations but can't pay it's staff or players?

:kappa: 

• Upvote (+1) 4