CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Thats awful.

But is a shitload of money for an org a LIFE CHANGING amount of money?

That's sort of what I was trying to get to with my post.  Depends on how SixTen defines a "fuckload of money".  I can't imagine he was offered any more than a few thousand for an org without any major sponsors, professional teams, or tournament wins.

I personally think he is talking out of his ass.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's sort of what I was trying to get to with my post. Depends on how SixTen defines a "fuckload of money". I can't imagine he was offered any more than a few thousand for an org without any major sponsors, professional teams, or tournament wins.

I personally think he is talking out of his ass.

It really just depends on who wanted the name. You have to consider future earnings when a buy out comes up like that. Yeah it was small but if a VC firm wants the name 10-20K is nothing when it comes to typical startup costs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

BAE

Saw this and have no idea what is it... can anyone elaborate, assuming an online tourney for the Pro Teams, but over 3 days? Surely that's unnecessary.

20K is my guess. Though I can't imagine why someone would pay for the name when they can just change the trailing word from "esports" to "gaming" or something and just go by "soul"

20K?!?!

Their website is made from an automated online platform (esportsify), so there's no value in that.

Based on what I can see from their webpage, there's no ad revenue coming in.

Only one team.  Zero professional teams.

Zero tournament wins.

The org has been around for less than 6 months.

The team doesn't have any sort of a fanbase.

It really just depends on who wanted the name. You have to consider future earnings when a buy out comes up like that. Yeah it was small but if a VC firm wants the name 10-20K is nothing when it comes to typical startup costs.

The only way that name is worth 20K is if it were called Seoul eSports.

• Upvote (+1) 4

20K?!?!

Their website is made from an automated online platform (esportsify), so there's no value in that.

Based on what I can see from their webpage, there's no ad revenue coming in.

Only one team. Zero professional teams.

Zero tournament wins.

The org has been around for less than 6 months.

The team doesn't have any sort of a fanbase.

I'm assuming the buyout was for the name not the brand. Clearly the buyer knows the brand has little to no presence. Which is why it's strange that they'd make an offer at all when they could just as easily make up a new name and be in essentially the same place starting from the ground up.

The only explanation is that they REALLY wanted the name. Which makes me think it's an outside investor or VC firm. Who, as I said, wouldn't bat an eye at a number that would make a guy like that go "shitload of money."

20K as a guess is probably being generous but I'm also assuming the owner isn't lying outright which in and of itself is generous.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the bigger issue here is that 20k is life changing money.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Sorry haven't been paying close attention these past few weeks. Can someone provide an explanation on why Assault is on Liquid instead of APG?

The only way that name is worth 20K is if it were called Seoul eSports.

Yeah, I'm not saying that "I" would value it at 20k.

I'm saying its a reasonable number that would geT the "shitload of money" reaction from the owner, and not be a big deal amount of money someone who's actually willing to buy out a name like that.

Notlikethis

Sorry haven't been paying close attention these past few weeks. Can someone provide an explanation on why Assault is on Liquid instead of APG?

Apg was in a car accident the day before the Burbank lan and got a concussion. Apg still went to Burbank and played but understandably the team didn't make it into pro league.

Assault was the coach so he took apg's place on the team when they realized apg would need time to recover and he wouldn't be ready by the LCQ

• Upvote (+1) 1

APG was in a car accident and suffered a concussion. Assault subbed for him in the last chance qualifiers. Afterward, when they qualified with Assault, APG said it wouldn't be fair to the team or Assault to take his spot back with them earning a spot in pro league without him.

edit: slow

• Upvote (+1) 3

You could buy a fully loaded Ford Fiesta and have enough left over for a quick Chipotle run.

6GJo1.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ahhh, losing is the new winning. #Merica 

You were relatively salty about it on stream which was kind of funny. Like your streams btw.

God I wish I had money to start an org.

Same. If I was rich or moderately well off or had money I'd start a Halo org. I'd try and put together best team of AM players and see what happens. Plus I'd want to get into quad copter racing. Gotta diversify.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm sorry @@Randa.

Can we still be bros

Are we expected to believe this isn't coming out now just because you got screwed yourself and want to get back at him?

Would a "bro" stand by silent and help cover for someone screwing someone they call a "bro"?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Are we expected to believe this isn't coming out now just because you got screwed yourself and want to get back at him?

Would a "bro" stand by silent and help cover for someone screwing someone they call a "bro"?

Dude still wanted to get paid. If he goes off the rails on them he's much less likely to see what he's owed. That's just life.

Edit to add, you're awesome gb.

Crazy how people believe one person. First of all I didn't donate to Randa he knows that and he still thinks I did it he is a fucking loser. Media Brute was signed to a contract saying "My compensation for this work will be $800 per month beginning June 1st, 2016, and the duration of this contract is for 180 days beginning on June 1st, 2016. Roger the "COO" didn't even have a contract he barely worked and was apart of Soul eSports for 2-3 weeks. 

Halo Players: They competed in the LCQ but didn't make it they broke up as a team and still expected to be on contract and to get paid. That just doesn't make any sense. Their contract also stated "$800 a month starts June 1st and so when they broke up I told them that their contracts have been terminated. 

COD Team: They said they had everything paid for all they wanted was Jerseys I told them I can do that but seeing how they were playing and losing to teams that places top 100 I dropped them.

So after all that I didn't have any teams and I had someone offer me a good price for the documents and the name Soul eSports that I couldn't let go.

Roger then went on my twitter because both Roger and John had my twitter info & started sending bad DM's to our players and sponsors. Then deleted them so I couldn't see them so after that I deleted the twitter and made a brand new one 

Thank you for taking your time reading this hopefully everyone just drops it cause I am allowed to drop anyone and sell my own org when ever I want it said that in the contracts too. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 91

Hey everyone,

Wall

Thanks.  :wutface:

Don't know if it means anything to you but I thought you made immense improvement from your first few Halo events to the beginning of H5. You definitely turned me from a hater to a fan with your hard work and dedication and obviously we (the community) wish you nothing but the best moving forward, and I'm sure you'll cross paths with us again.

:wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Gonna miss the Goldenboy catchphrases during the pro league. I still giggle to myself whenever I think of the first time I heard "Oh sweet Christmas!" after a ridiculous no scope. Glad to hear you have big things going in other avenues though. Best of luck!

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

First of all I didn't donate to Randa he knows that and he still thinks I did it he is a fucking loser. 

oh okay.....

:thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Crazy how people believe one person. First of all I didn't donate to Randa he knows that and he still thinks I did it he is a fucking loser.

@@Randa get your facts straight loser
  • Upvote (+1) 2