CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You missed the point. I don't have a problem with frank discussion and I hate the "safespace" idea. I'm just pointing out that spouting stupid crap without thinking about it isn't "telling it like it is". Let me give you an example with your profile picture. Kanye said he was 50 percent more influential than any other human being (let's assume for discussion that he was being serious). To you, that would probably be keeping it real or telling it like it is; to me that's just dumb shit that's verifiably false.

This is very off-topic, though.

It was nice to see snipedown and towey commentate.

I misread your original post, apologies.  

For the record, not a fan of Kanye.  I just think he's a hilarious human being.

Prediction: E6 to take a series from CLG within a month.

So will pro league be played online every week, or are all the teams spending the summer in CA?

The league is online, 2 days a week.

I hope someday the Sudds team with Cratos and Hysteria. I think everyone would really like that team.

Sidenote: Anyone else think the sudds aren't that hateable anymore. I actually kinda hope they win games when I see them play now.

I still hate whichever one called APG a ****** while in a lobby with him.  Granted that was years ago, so maybe they've grown up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Unfortunately it´s not possible at the moment. Another one on my todo list..

Can search back the last 50 custom games to find games in common for two players, maybe i can help you this way but might be too late if a game is not within the last 50 custom games.

For anything else i will have to take a closer look, just a bit busy at work today.

50 should be fine.

These are the gamertags I need:

Team Name - Gamertag

Deception - Batchford
Next Chapter - DecBot
Bens Coffee Lads - Havoc LP
True Fighters Gaming - TF Mephisto
Dinosaurs - Qristola
Fantastic4 - Rqmpage
Penta - Penta Septic
Vitality - Vitality Hborg
Online Wolves - Fable FPS
Orbit - Blajnd
Realest Tins - Lunny
Menace - Menace Mersu
Better Than Average - AnAverageGenius
dzs - dzs Ferox
Pulse - slgslg31
  • Upvote (+1) 1

while it would be nice to buy just what we want, a "HCS pack" would likely generate far more revenue AND support all teams involved more equitably.

I think they should have individual team packs AND a bundle to include all teams...

Also, revenues should support all teams equitably anyway.

Touching on what @@Cratos said yesterday about it being boring Halo. Any type of competitive Halo is always fun, even if we all know which teams are going to make it. There's always a chance at an upset.

Not to get too soppy but I've been feeling a bit like shit lately. No idea why but there's days were I just can't be fucked to get out of bed. I actually fell asleep during the LCQ last night and woke up, sat there for a good while before finally getting out of bed for the sole purpose of watching Halo and logging on to Beyond to see what everyone was saying. 

Every tournament is interesting because some crazy shit might happen and it's just a motivator for me to get out of bed and do something.

I know Cratos' intention wasn't anything on this level, but just thought I'd mention that this forum and the competitive scene as a whole just makes me smile a lot of times, even when I just don't feel like doing it at all.

Love you all.

Is everything ok bruh?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The 8 team league is perfect, every week we will have great matches, and every week we will root against E6. Great time to be alive.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Cratos reminds me of the guy that goes neg on the winning team then does nothing but shit talk in the post game lobby. Cmon, we all know what really happened.

@@Moa go find the Ninja Intel meme, it's what made me start posting!

343 just needs to shamelessly copy Valve. That would be great, and yes I do realize that Halo is not near the level of CSGO (even 2015 csgo), but it is such a good practice to emulate. 

team skins are such an obvious win-win ... (1) inexpensive to make, (2) help to keep orgs invested in the Halo scene as it makes more financial sense for their teams to do well, (3) give money to the dev, (4) give money to the players, (5) work as in-game advertising for both the HCS and the teams

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Congrats to Optic, I was only able to watch the first couple of matches so I wasn't sure how it would go. Glad they picked it up.

You mean like the time someone walked round the corner with rockets and totally outplayed you?

Or with the shotgun? Or the sword?

A lot of power weapons aren't that skillful.

Anyway that's all I'm saying on the topic.

All of those weapons are less cancerous than the hydra launcher, and the plasma caster. At least you have to kind of aim them/be close to your enemy. I feel so sorry for the people that defend those two weapons in competitive settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 13

Is everything ok bruh?

All good here, just a rough patch in life right now.

Appreciate the thought <3

• Upvote (+1) 6

Not to get too soppy but I've been feeling a bit like shit lately. No idea why but there's days were I just can't be fucked to get out of bed. I actually fell asleep during the LCQ last night and woke up, sat there for a good while before finally getting out of bed for the sole purpose of watching Halo and logging on to Beyond to see what everyone was saying. 

Get checked for Lyme disease.

• Upvote (+1) 3

All of those weapons are less cancerous than the hydra launcher, and the plasma caster. At least you have to kind of aim them/be close to your enemy. I feel so sorry for the people that defend those two weapons in competitive settings.

Oh please, the hydra is no easier to use effectively than the shotgun or sword, it may not require as much aiming skill but some people seem to forget that aiming is not the only skill in the game.

Edit: Oh shit, I forgot I wasn't going to discuss this topic further. Enough.

Also OT: https://gfycat.com/UnfoldedVacantDrafthorse (Basically ad loads after the page loads and so the page jumps down just as I press causing me to press the wrong link...)

@@CyReN I don't know if you can do anything to help but this happens to me all the time on my phone. It's infuriating and I really don't want to have to enable to adblock. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Oh please, the hydra is no easier to use effectively than the shotgun or sword, it may not require as much aiming skill but some people seem to forget that aiming is not the only skill in the game.

Also OT: https://gfycat.com/UnfoldedVacantDrafthorse (Basically ad loads after the page loads and so the page jumps down just as I press causing me to press the wrong link...)

@@CyReN I don't know if you can do anything to help but this happens to me all the time on my phone. It's infuriating and I really don't want to have to enable to adblock. 

PM me the links if you can so we can block that.

(Same with anyone else having this issue).

Liquid's only loss all week was against CLG...I'm excited to see them at 8th anyway!

i have them at 11 on my ranks  :kappa:

french toast top 8 don't h8

I would contest that after the recent buff.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1