CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Congrats to Optic, I was only able to watch the first couple of matches so I wasn't sure how it would go. Glad they picked it up.

But remember guys the hydra is a skillful weapon that DEFINITELY belongs in competitive play. That AMAZING play reminds me of the time when I got spammed around the wall by a plasma caster. I really got outplayed tbh. :simms:

You mean like the time someone walked round the corner with rockets and totally outplayed you?

Or with the shotgun? Or the sword?

A lot of power weapons aren't that skillful.

Anyway that's all I'm saying on the topic.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Congrats to Optic, I was only able to watch the first couple of matches so I wasn't sure how it would go. Glad they picked it up.

You mean like the time someone walked round the corner with rockets and totally outplayed you?

Or with the shotgun? Or the sword?

a lot of power weapons aren't that skillful.

Anyway that's all I'm saying on the topic.

Yeah guys, it's all about dat deep n skilful positionin meta #SMG=Skill :simms:
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Do you want sponsors, do you want their to continue to be a Halo scene? Cratos isn't getting this response from Che for just this one tweet. It's literally every single piece of idiocy and filth that has come out of his mouth since he has been a pro.

lmao you guys must clutch your pearls when watching old Gandhi videos. And that was when Halo was bigger than it is now, 

Cratos is annoying, but he isn't anywhere near being this super vulgar guy people make him out to be. Then again, most people here get bent out of shape over teabagging, so I dont know anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 7

lmao you guys must clutch your pearls when watching old Gandhi videos. And that was when Halo was bigger than it is now, 

Cratos is annoying, but he isn't anywhere near being this super vulgar guy people make him out to be. Then again, most people here get bent out of shape over teabagging, so I dont know anymore.

The world is a far more sensitive place than it used to be. I don't know what would happen if the toilet paper incident happened today. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

The world is a far more sensitive place than it used to be. I don't know what would happen if the toilet paper incident happened today. 

Toilet paper incident?

Toilet paper incident?

I'm pretty sure Gandhi handed T2 a piece of toilet paper after destroying Str8 in a series and told T2 he got shit on. I might be misremembering though. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm pretty sure Gandhi handed T2 a piece of toilet paper after destroying Str8 in a series and told T2 he got shit on. I might be misremembering though. 

Charming

someone from str8 threw a water bottle at gandhi for it iirc

-snip-

The good old days when there was a Pro Circuit. So easy to get so pumped for each tournament and have the schedule in hand for the entire year's worth of major LAN tournaments. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

But remember guys the hydra is a skillful weapon that DEFINITELY belongs in competitive play. That AMAZING play reminds me of the time when I got spammed around the wall by a plasma caster. I really got outplayed tbh. :simms:

Spamming a plasma caster around the wall is essentially creating/controlling space, akin to lobbing a nade in a hallway/doorway etc you don't want an enemy pushing/challenging you from, or when an opponent backs down behind cover you shoot the air where he'll most likely pop out at - you don't want him challenging. Or you're getting angles to finish a kill, similar to banking a nade off a wall or doorframe or something to get it into a corner where the opponent is trying to get shields back.

It might not be the most skillful thing in the world, but neither is walking into it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My power rankings for this week:

CLG

E6

EG

ALG

RNG

NV

LIQUID

OPTIC

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know its a little early for this but still. I can def see 2 teams splitting up if they have poor performances in pro league and thats RNG/EG. I think if EG is unsuccessful they will keep looking for that 4th that can come in and fill Lxthul's role. RNG I think is no surprise just because they are inconsistent and that is too costly to ride into multiple seasons as none of their issues stem from skill. 

So with APG off liquid I think he needs to do whatever he can to get Danoxide for a team. I'm sure there will be other team changes that could make this difficult but Danoxide is a hell of a player in this game. 

Stellur played amazing yesterday, Liquid is scary when you have Spartan and Stellur slaying like that. Eco also played solid and I think assault filled in to the obj role well for them. 

Having to get up and go to work while remembering that Elevate didnt make Pro League yesterday

Stitch_ca1bf7_5395934.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

Yesterday was some of the best Halo I've watched in a long long time. 

Best of 7 matches is the way to go!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Welp, looks like I may have spoken too soon.   :walshy:

Don't worry, we all realized that :kappa:

@Terraform FPS Yes, Randa played solid, but I think he's really lacking in consistency. One minute he's playing perfectly terrifying Halo. He's everywhere, slaying/making huge plays/etc.

The next moment he chokes three rails in a row, misses a jump, misses out on an easy support for a teammate, stalls, etc.

His top end is really quite high, but sometimes he just does some really strange things.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's going to take a while for me to get all of this stuff up on the vod subreddit... yikes. I guess this is what we call a 'good problem.' 

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's going to take a while for me to get all of this stuff up on the vod subreddit... yikes. I guess this is what we call a 'good problem.' 

Somebody has to do God's work. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel you. Sometimes being frank and telling it like it is, can be offputting for people not used to it.

Sometimes people mistake saying whatever thing comes to mind without taking a second to think as "telling it like it is" or "keeping it real". maybe it's just a cultural thing, but there are a lot of people who value a stupid opinion voiced with confidence more than someone showing "weakness" by being thoughtful about something.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Towey and Snipedown did a great job casting. They made this tournament even better.

• Upvote (+1) 4