CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

more seriously by whom, and for what? The game isn't anywhere as popular as those. It's not bringing in viewers. No one is going to start watching halo because the players are polite.

Next guys will get demerits for teabagging I bet

Well, Halo has grown over the past year, and I'd like to see it continue to grow. The viewer numbers are up and will continue to go up with regular exposure, this is why we have the pro league. 

The more viewers Halo brings in, the better the sponsors will be, and with better sponsor the bigger prize pool available to the pro players will be. Being more professional will also leader to bigger sponsors.

Nobody is going to get demerits for teabagging.

And the "games back" would count losses rather than wins, right? So after week 4 a 12-8 team would be "5 games" behind a 12-3 team... assuming the series are b05s that is.

Or something like that?

I would assume that if it's going to be a "games back" system, then the teams won't be playing best of series but rather a fixed number of games no matter what. Play 5 games even if a team wins 5-0, for example.

Ok now that we have our 8 pro teams. When can we expect HCS Team Skins?

Can... can the EU teams get some love...

343 plz

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can... can the EU teams get some love...

343 plz

You want love? Good luck in the Pro League, but

WGsH3OO.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

I would assume that if it's going to be a "games back" system, then the teams won't be playing best of series but rather a fixed number of games no matter what. Play 5 games even if a team wins 5-0, for example.

That's why I figured we could see a scoring by series and have the aggregate record over the split as a tiebreaker.

Just stopping by to make sure everyone is still arguing about something....

Check.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ok now that we have our 8 pro teams. When can we expect HCS Team Skins?

I would only want them to have Team Skins if they can work out a system like Valve and CSGO have in which the players/orgs get a good portion of the sales. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Read up the string, we were talking about LCS behavior rules. HCS has a similar system in place.

My first accidental neg, am no longer a forum 50.

How was he being toxic though?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would only want them to have Team Skins if they can work out a system like Valve and CSGO have in which the players/orgs get a good portion of the sales. 

100% agree. Also, I'd think they'd have to, right? I doubt 343 can make money off names/logos of team orgs without their permission.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You want love? Good luck in the Pro League.

maybe instead of moaning about settings you used that time to get good at Halo

realm-cocoa-deal-with-it.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

100% agree. Also, I'd think they'd have to, right? I doubt 343 can make money off names/logos of team orgs without their permission.

That's probably right, and in that case it would be up to the orgs to give their players a cut. I would assume they would though. Things like this could really help the scene. I have always thought that that stickers or player signatures would be cool as well. I have a feeling that a "Lethul" Halo Pro League Pistol sticker/skin would sell pretty well. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

maybe instead of moaning about settings you used that time to get good at Halo

Edit: Sorry pretty tired. Yeah maybe.

I really meant what I said about good luck though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

TIL, the "fun" part of watching an esport doesn't actually come from excitement of viewing the games... No, it comes from whether or not the outcome is predictable. Expected results retroactively turn great games into snooze fests thanks for the lesson @@Cratos

Also, I'm stoked to hear about challenger tourney's and prize pools. many of the players who fell short today managed to make a fan out of me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well Looks like we have our top 8 Pro teams in the Pro league, 

Time to start updating these (Pro Player) forum titles  :kappa:

Disclaimer: I'm not saying im a halo 5 pro thx. im just a (member)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Glad to see liquid and OpTic get the last spots. Big OpTic fan, but danoxide was destroying that series and main reason they were even in it. He will make noise in the challenger league. Could see him teaming with the big names that didn't make it in.

This should put a smile on your face then.  Beyond%20Smiley.png  Beyond%20Sad.png   Beyond%20Smiley.png  Beyond%20Tear.png

NSUHHz2.jpg

This is absolutely incredible and I want to use the entirety of my daily allowance of upvotes on it.

Also, jesus fucking christ guys we just had an amazing day of halo and we have permanent Halo eSports 2 days every WEEK starting June 2nd. Let's be hype, cool?

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is absolutely incredible and I want to use the entirety of my daily allowance of upvotes on it.

Also, jesus fucking christ guys we just had an amazing day of halo and we have permanent Halo eSports 2 days every WEEK starting June 2nd. Let's be hype, cool?

but radar  :kappa:

• Downvote (-1) 3

I'm really interested to see which players (who didn't make pro league) give up and which ones continue to grind and pursue t Pro League. IMO it will tell us a lot about those people.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Cratos

If your run of constant ass blasting is an attempt to win the un-worded contest of being one of the least liked Pros in Halo history, you're doing a swell job.

Otherwise, get that stupid shit out of your system and focus on success.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2