CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Watching ace stream from last night and have to say I absolutely love Penguin's communication. He's known for his power weapon/slaying ability but his call outs are great and takes blame for his mistakes. Quickly becoming a big fan.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wish I was a Pro so I could troll the shit out of the forums. I would be leaving intel crumbs everywhere that are all false  :kappa:

So with ranks resetting, id just like to know if anyone knows how these placement matches work.  Should i play with my team who are all high onyx, should i solo queue them all?  Like ive seen onyx players win like 8/10 games and get placed shit, and ive seen people win 3/10 and get placed onyx so i really dont know what to do here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

twitch.tv/cntra q/a session. Good stuff. Also he said Huke was dropped so that's confirmed.

Literally sits there and does QnA's more than he actually plays the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Literally sits there and does QnA's more than he actually plays the game.

Is that a bad thing?

I'd rather watch someone engage the community and answer questions than play random matchmaking all day.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Contra dropped the most shocking intel on stream just now

he's voting for Trump  :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is that a bad thing?

I'd rather watch someone engage the community and answer questions than play random matchmaking all day.

I dunno I feel like you can do both at the same time while playing? (multi-tasking)

Just saying because I've tuned into his stream for the past 3 days and he literally just sits there every time. It's not like he really answers questions either, he will just say "next question" or "I don't think I can answer that" or "You'll just have to wait and see"

Hardly #intel if you ask me

• Upvote (+1) 4

Contra dropped the most shocking intel on stream just now

he's voting for Trump :apg:

Wouldn't put it past some pros tbh :kappa:

Commonly just said he knew he was way better than average at halo when he was 10.

I did not even know what XBL was when i was 10 (2003). got a 360 with xbl the day h3 came out. I think the highest i got the first 6 months i played was like a 35. Then another 6 months to get most of my gametypes to 40, then team slayer to 50 after like a year and a half. Took me another year to get a 40 in mlg, then like when reach came out i had gotten a 50 in mlg. 

So it took me from age 14-17 to get good at halo. Then reach came out with bloom and i quit and switched to cod, then they took out bloom and i came back, but it was never the same. I played against formal a lot at the end of reach, it was fun, and i could hold my own. 

then h4 happened and yeah it ruined any chance i had a competing because it was the worst. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The security guard at universal stopped me because my girlfriend was wearing a twitch shirt and he told me the most real thing I've ever heard about Halo.

He said you're either naturally good at it and continue to always get better, or you're just average and can never get better. Made me realize why Halo is such a tight knit community, think how many people feel like they blow dick.

It's crazy how he says this because I never played a FPS before Halo 3 (I started at Halo 3) and I never had "natural talent" per say. I just kept working at it, while I also played other game genres. Never once did I feel as if I could never get better because I know that if you put in the time, you can always find ways to improve. 

Just my 2 cents on this topic. P.S: good luck this season!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Commonly just said he knew he was way better than average at halo when he was 10.

I did not even know what XBL was when i was 10 (2003). got a 360 with xbl the day h3 came out. I think the highest i got the first 6 months i played was like a 35. Then another 6 months to get most of my gametypes to 40, then team slayer to 50 after like a year and a half. Took me another year to get a 40 in mlg, then like when reach came out i had gotten a 50 in mlg. 

So it took me from age 14-17 to get good at halo. Then reach came out with bloom and i quit and switched to cod, then they took out bloom and i came back, but it was never the same. I played against formal a lot at the end of reach, it was fun, and i could hold my own. 

then h4 happened and yeah it ruined any chance i had a competing because it was the worst.

Apparently Snakebite got pretty deep into an FFA bracket when he was 11. Not sure how far but I think he said round 7 or round 9.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Watched ninja play a bit earlier and I don't know if I caught him at a bad time, he was just grumpy, or full on tilted, but he seemed to be in a bad place. Haven't really seen him that negative in quite some time.

Intel? Kappa

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1