CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Not everyone needs to write an extremely soppy tweet.

That's not all you're saying. You don't know what relationship they have, or maybe it's an inside joke.You're taking something and trying to make more out of it.

Yes, but not everyone is the "Director of Halo Esports and Community" either. When a great NBA or NFL player retires you wouldn't see the commissioner of that league post "GLHF" in response. It simply isn't very professional. Twitter is a public forum, and if you want to be taken seriously people need to think about what they post on it. Especially if you are the director of Halo Esports. I only brought this up because while people may not like Cratos, many people also have a problem with Che. This is certainly not the first time he was rubbed people the wrong way.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Has anything been mentioned/announced on how the teams' records will be scored week to week? Is it safe to assume that it will be by series won rather than by games played?

I feel like Che said it because he knows about the "big things to come" tweet, POSSIBLE 343 stuff, my guess at least

How does Prototype has a green Name ????????

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yes, but not everyone is the "Director of Halo Esports and Community" either. When a great NBA or NFL player retires you wouldn't see the commissioner of that league post "GLHF" in response. It simply isn't very professional. Twitter is a public forum, and if you want to be taken seriously people need to think about what they post on it. Especially if you are the director of Halo Esports. I only brought this up because while people may not like Cratos, many people also have a problem with Che. This is certainly not the first time he was rubbed people the wrong way.

You're continuing to make a mountain out of a mole hill. It was a single tweet. A single tweet.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So, LCQ is done, we have ALL 8 OF OUR FIRST OFFICIAL PRO LEAGUE TEAMS. So fucking hyped.  :fire:

Reminder:

Get your votes in for week 2 of the community power rankings bros. Voting ends Tuesday at 5PM EST. Peep the sig or PM me here.

proleagueteamsalt.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

Has anything been mentioned/announced on how the teams' records will be scored week to week? Is it safe to assume that it will be by series won rather than by games played?

It'll probably run similar to baseball in terms of a "Games Back" amount (in other words, overall wins but teams may have games in hand).  You would save the map count for tie breakers. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

A code of conduct is fine. It's the fact that Che carried himself like a pompous and tyrannical asshat in a couple of those tweets. "Better hope your team doesn't suffer for it.." like seriously? Get out of here with that.

Yeah, it was poorly worded on Ches end. I do however when you look at the larger picture of how Cratos carries himself he should tone it down.

I think its all about perspective. I read that and interpret it as maybe 2gre and him have already talked about a possible casting/pro team position. Che knows they will be working together in the future and doesn't feel the need to write a sappy thank you. (Obviously just speculation)

Not that either view is right or wrong, more of a to each his own type of deal. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

You're continuing to make a mountain out of a mole hill. It was a single tweet. A single tweet.

If you read what I wrote, this is not the first time he has tweeted or said something that rubbed people the wrong way. That is one example, of multiple. I don't see the point of arguing it any further though. 

This whole CoC thing is hard (hehe) to make my mind up on. In theory I think it's totally fine (and honestly necessary) but it could easily be abused. Just praying that they don't censor opinions and ruin lethul's stream. Constructive criticism is necessary for a healthy community.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If you read what I wrote, this is not the first time he has tweeted or said something that rubbed people the wrong way. That is one example, of multiple. I don't see the point of arguing it any further though. 

I don't know why I keep bothering to reply to you, but you tried to use your dissatisfaction with his tweet towards Ogre2' announcement as rubbing people the wrong way, when nobody but you was rubbed the wrong way. It's ridiculous.  

I should just go back to posting .GIFs  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's up to the people on these forums now to make changes we will have no voice soon. I'm counting on y'all

The community has never had a voice with 343 lol

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So, LCQ is done, we have ALL 8 OF OUR FIRST OFFICIAL PRO LEAGUE TEAMS. So fucking hyped.  :fire:

Reminder:

Get your votes in for week 2 of the community power rankings bros. Voting ends Tuesday at 5PM EST. Peep the sig or PM me here.

Fixed. One can dream  :mj:

0de0d007d6811ea802181edfd2e52d47.png

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

No upsets no close series. Teams that should've won did. Just making a statement. Then at the end hoping there's something fun coming up Cus there's not a actual tournament forever

Yeah but you also said Optic wasn't going to make it to Pro League. While we disagree on many things (this one for example), the Che topic well.. IMO he shouldn't be in charge of running the "E-sports" division of Halo. Not a fan of his by any means.

Off Topic : HOLD THE DOOR !!! 

#greenWall 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Fixed. One can dream  :mj:

Team Solom Id?

Fuck, I'm in.  :simms:  :fire:  :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yeah but you also said Optic wasn't going to make it to Pro League. While we disagree on many things (this one for example), the Che topic well.. IMO he shouldn't be in charge of running the "E-sports" division of Halo. Not a fan of his by any means.

Off Topic : HOLD THE DOOR !!! 

#greenWall 

If that's what I fucking think it is

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think people are trying too hard to find ways to dislike someone.

Nailed it. There's plenty to discuss/criticize on both sides of that twitter convo, but that would require putting aside how we want to feel about things

To be clear, the only thing I find all that disturbing about Cratos is the run-on sentences, and using "a" instead of "an". Stuff like that. 

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but it does seem like the community is looking for literally any reason to jump on the Cratos-hate bandwagon. It's not surprising Che joined in with his vague rulebook threats, honestly.

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but it does seem like the community is looking for literally any reason to jump on the Cratos-hate bandwagon. It's not surprising Che joined in with his vague rulebook threats, honestly.

I'm never sarcastic. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If we want Halo to be taken more seriously a Code of Conduct isn't the end of the world. 

Baseball has one, hockey has one, Dota has one, League has one. 

more seriously by whom, and for what? The game isn't anywhere as popular as those. It's not bringing in viewers. No one is going to start watching halo because the players are polite.

Next guys will get demerits for teabagging I bet

• Upvote (+1) 2

It'll probably run similar to baseball in terms of a "Games Back" amount (in other words, overall wins but teams may have games in hand).  You would save the map count for tie breakers. 

And the "games back" would count losses rather than wins, right? So after week 4 a 12-8 team would be "5 games" behind a 12-3 team... assuming the series are b05s that is.

Or something like that?