CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Moving on:

This might be controversial, but Catasrophe looked really good against Liquid for the games they were allowed to play.

I bet they could have brought it to game 7 or maybe even took the series if they didn't have to forfeit. 

See part of wanted the underdog story but I also wanted liquid to win because of what happen to APG and my boy Spartan

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just tuned in now, was Str8 Rippin expected to get 4-0'd in winners and then lose in the 1st round of losers?

Wait what, I know you are a renegades fan, but are you saying your current roster is working out, mate they are a shambles. They are quite comfortably the worst pro league team to have already qualified, and that itself was quite fortunate as optic just collapsed on sunday. Now we move onto Penquin, he has not preformed in anywhere near the same capacity as he did at regionals and worlds. I am not saying he is not skilled but don't kid yourself into thinking everything is rosey, in fact I would say penquin is hindered on your current roster. Finally your roster does not even seem to get along, so saying they made the right roster moves is blatantly incorrect.

Now Finally we move onto why ogre 2 was unsuccessful in halo 5, there are many factors in play here, I will start off with the most obvious...... his age. Ogre 2 had been competing for more than decade, huke and bubu dubu were only 4 years old when 2gre went to his first event. Now why is this significant, well at a certain point real life does kick in for players, suddenly they can no longer put in as many hours as they were able to do previously, nor do they want to. It is a testimant to ogre 2 skill that he was able to remain relevant and place in the top 2 for as long as he was, he understood halo at such a fundamental level that he was able to adapt well to each series.  

Next we must onto drive, 2gre was already the most winiest fps console player in the history, he has won more than anyone else (by a MILE), this was by in large accomplished through the golden triology, however as other forum members have posted on other threads, a players ability does not diminish with age but there desire to put in as many hours as they did before may diminish. It is no secret 2gre was more fond of traditional halo, and with the series only getting further away from it, i'd say he simply just stopped caring and didnt want or enjoy playing the game anymore. Unlike many of the others who are trying to secure a nest egg for the future, 2gre already has that (or should at least) through all he has accomplished and all of the sponsorship deals he has accumulated over the years. It has nothing really to do with ability, I would simply say he just did not enjoy playing the game as much as other halo's thus ultimately stopped grinding which then made it difficult to compete, but he was easily one of envyus's better players at halo worlds regionals so his ability is not in question. Remember CLG would not have dropped him if Lethul didn't decide to leave EG.

i only said penguin was a better pickup than ogre 2, which is true. because penguin is better than ogre 2 at h5. no pro will talk about it, but there is something ogre 2 does or does not do that held him back. maybe he did not care or maybe he played too passive. who knows.

I thought that setting discussions weren't allowed in this thread?

Well CC just got another win...I feel like they are going to 4-2 them with how they are performing.

Posting a crying face is "settings discussion" to you?

• Downvote (-1) 1

Just tuned in now, was Str8 Rippin expected to get 4-0'd in winners and then lose in the 1st round of losers?

Pretty sure they beat CC 4 - 0 yesterday then got 4-0'd by them today. So I'm gonna say no.

Can anyone link the bracket for the LCQ? I can't find it, and of course Halo channel never bothered linking it in stream.

Pretty sure they beat CC 4 - 0 yesterday then got 4-0'd by them today. So I'm gonna say no.

Yesterday was a flash in the pan (imo) for Str8. They played above their means.

Dany Knight just went off. Wow.

I'm looking for his twitter right now. Never paid any attention to this guy before.

Posting a crying face is "settings discussion" to you?

Well. Judging by your signature you clearly think it's a shame that it happened and by posting that picture it's kind of an underhanded way of saying that. I just saw all the talk about it in the last thread with the mods wanting none of it and saw that. No a big deal.

Originally with the single-elim bracket, all matches started at 11am. With the switch to double-elim, the matches needed to start early so that our broadcast schedule still worked. This was communicated to players as soon as the format was changed. Winners round 1 started at 9:30AM Pacific time. 

Yea I have no doubt it was communicated ad nauseam to the players, just trying to find an excuse for the guy lol.

The snipedown and towey commentary is really awesome though. Lots of insight and "tips" so to say. I'm learning a lot in this stream.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Catastrophe just had the most fucking insane rotation on Plaza strongholds, got like 60 straight points

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't remember who said this last tournament, but gosh it's so true that the Halo casters would be so much better if they learned that they don't need to talk every second.

It's highlighted so well right now with Snipedown and Towey. They don't narrate things like, "Randa putting shots in across map, gets a guy 1 shot, goes down to car1..." etc. They leave the viewers to watch the play-by-play and analyze the overall team play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't remember who said this last tournament, but gosh it's so true that the Halo casters would be so much better if they learned that they don't need to talk every second.

It's highlighted so well right now with Snipedown and Towey. They don't narrate things like, "Randa putting shots in across map, gets a guy 1 shot, goes down to car1..." etc. They leave the viewers to watch the play-by-play and analyze the overall team play.

Yeah normal casters think they are in radio where you have to say everything. This isn't radio just commentate the important stuff ffs.
  • Upvote (+1) 4