CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I would love to see Ogre 2 coach a team with is massive amount of experience and knowledge of FPS gaming. Would like to see him behind nV or E6 or something.

So now that Ogre2 is retired, which active player has the most LAN wins?

My guess would be Snipedown? I haven't actually looked into it yet.

Pistola maybe

I am not really comparing notoriety, I was saying OLA, wasn't necessarily known for being the greatest 4v4 player at that time, he was known to be an incredibly skilled individual player, but lacked some 4v4 knowledge, (I am aware he had won tournaments prior to being dropped) and that was why I was comparing the two, obviously it was a different scenario but still somewhat similar.  

If you didn't know Pistola was one of the best players (if not the best) by Columbus 2010, son you were not following Halo.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Here is my uninformed bracket. Teams in the finals are the ones who make pro league.

1mtSwnZ.png

so im confused like i normally am, ogre 2 can go drop 40 kills in h1 still, so his reflexes arent shot im guessing, so what was holding him back in h5? why did ninja/victory x pick penguin over ogre 2 ( it was a better decision as we have found out) . 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 10

so im confused like i normally am, ogre 2 can go drop 40 kills in h1 still, so his reflexes arent shot im guessing, so what was holding him back in h5? why did ninja/victory x pick penguin over ogre 2 ( it was a better decision as we have found out) . 

It's no secret that he doesn't like Halo 5, or how it plays.

I'm leaning more towards that?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Naw, more that he couldn't get on a better team. He was fine with H5 when he was still on CLG. Think he'd quit now if he were on CLG? 

It's a sad day though. Also, I'm sticking with my E6 = new Carbon assessment. They're the only team that has grinded as close to much as CLG, and they still have a lot of untapped potential. As much as Crato's attitude is off-putting, you gotta respect the grind from him.

• Upvote (+1) 4

We should do a crowd funded H1 tournament, that would revive the goat.

When I was young and dumb, competitive Halo was pretty small and hard to know about. My friends and I didn't know much about the players or teams, but we knew about the OGRES. Everyone knew about them.

Just as a reminder, an absolutely insane amount of people played H1 and H2, and it's still very clear Tom was the best. In very few games do people have such long and uncontested careers. I'm really sad H5 didn't work out in such a way for Tom, he really had quite a few bad breaks with bad timing. It's unfortunate that his period of dominance didn't happen when there was actual money in Halo, cuz he'd have all of it.

As far as CLG E6 goes, it's true no one wins forever. While some things about this season are mind blowingly sad (see above), it's also really interesting that teams don't fall into a clear order which is exciting. There are far more teams fighting over every spot other than first, and who knows; maybe soon first is contested too. Maybe RNG would be contesting it with a GOAT on their team.

Wait what, I know you are a renegades fan, but are you saying your current roster is working out, mate they are a shambles. They are quite comfortably the worst pro league team to have already qualified, and that itself was quite fortunate as optic just collapsed on sunday. Now we move onto Penquin, he has not preformed in anywhere near the same capacity as he did at regionals and worlds. I am not saying he is not skilled but don't kid yourself into thinking everything is rosey, in fact I would say penquin is hindered on your current roster. Finally your roster does not even seem to get along, so saying they made the right roster moves is blatantly incorrect.

Now Finally we move onto why ogre 2 was unsuccessful in halo 5, there are many factors in play here, I will start off with the most obvious...... his age. Ogre 2 had been competing for more than decade, huke and bubu dubu were only 4 years old when 2gre went to his first event. Now why is this significant, well at a certain point real life does kick in for players, suddenly they can no longer put in as many hours as they were able to do previously, nor do they want to. It is a testimant to ogre 2 skill that he was able to remain relevant and place in the top 2 for as long as he was, he understood halo at such a fundamental level that he was able to adapt well to each series.  

Next we must onto drive, 2gre was already the most winiest fps console player in the history, he has won more than anyone else (by a MILE), this was by in large accomplished through the golden triology, however as other forum members have posted on other threads, a players ability does not diminish with age but there desire to put in as many hours as they did before may diminish. It is no secret 2gre was more fond of traditional halo, and with the series only getting further away from it, i'd say he simply just stopped caring and didnt want or enjoy playing the game anymore. Unlike many of the others who are trying to secure a nest egg for the future, 2gre already has that (or should at least) through all he has accomplished and all of the sponsorship deals he has accumulated over the years. It has nothing really to do with ability, I would simply say he just did not enjoy playing the game as much as other halo's thus ultimately stopped grinding which then made it difficult to compete, but he was easily one of envyus's better players at halo worlds regionals so his ability is not in question. Remember CLG would not have dropped him if Lethul didn't decide to leave EG.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Ok, so I looked into it.

Active Halo players with the most LAN wins (based off HaloEsportspedia)

Previous holder: Ogre2 - 40 goat.png

1. Snip3down - 18

2. Pistola - 15

3. Roy - 13

4. Lunchbox - 12

5. Lethul - 11

6. Heinz - 10

6. Tsquared - 10

8. APG - 5

8. Hysteria - 5

8. Snakebite - 5

8. Fearitself - 5

40 WINS

5661684.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 7

I wonder what kind of cereal ogre 2 ate all of those years to have that kind of success. Maybe wheaties

A wall of speculation presented as fact

How can you even pretend to know any of that to be true?

• Upvote (+1) 3

We should do a crowd funded H1 tournament, that would revive the goat.

just give him the money to attend beach lan 5

• Upvote (+1) 1

How can you even pretend to know any of that to be true?

Which component are you specifically talking about? 

The 2gre piece I just put 2&2 together and came up with a rational for why 2gre was not successful, it was just an opinion and I don't think I stated it as fact in fact many times i used phrases such as I think, i'd say etc.

With regards the renegades piece, yes that did come across rather forcefully but I do not think it is inaccurate.

Edit: In fact after re-reading my post, I do not see any flaws in the logic used, granted i stated some assumptions as facts, but they are backed up by other information which was not disclosed, if you want to have an open discussion please tell me what specific comments troubled you and we can discuss it from there.

Ok, so I looked into it.

1. Snip3down - 18

2. Pistola - 15

3. Roy - 13

4. Lunchbox - 12

5. Lethul - 11

6. Heinz - 10

6. Tsquared - 10

8. APG - 5

8. Hysteria - 5

8. Snakebite - 5

8. Fearitself - 5

That wiki has a lot of Halo's tournament information on there but they're still missing a good chunk on info.  Ogre 2 actually has like 54 LAN wins, Pistola has 20, the rest look correct.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Here is my uninformed bracket. Teams in the finals are the ones who make pro league.

eLevate - Optic could go either way, if you look at their matchup yesterday, wouldn't shock me if eLevate comes on top this time.

Ok, so I looked into it.

1. Snip3down - 18

2. Pistola - 15

3. Roy - 13

4. Lunchbox - 12

5. Lethul - 11

6. Heinz - 10

6. Tsquared - 10

8. APG - 5

8. Hysteria - 5

8. Snakebite - 5

8. Fearitself - 5

The current list(and maybe Ogre 2's) is only correct if you count exhibition/invitation tournaments and... AGL.

How did I know that when I saw the most recent post was from you, that it would be about Huke? Crazy.

Shit, a brother who enjoys talking about the success of his.... brother?

THE HORROR!

• Upvote (+1) 7

Shit, a brother who enjoys talking about the success of his.... brother?

THE HORROR!

I guess I should've put a kappa as I was only messing around. Also didn't know they were brothers

• Upvote (+1) 1