CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

E6 needs 1 more win and they won the scrim

not really. they're playing stasis as well. it will end up like 14  games

for assault, they either need to make it so everyone in the vicinity dies when it goes off, or get rid of the resetting timer. 

not really. they're playing stasis as well. it will end up like 14  games

for assault, they either need to make it so everyone in the vicinity dies when it goes off, or get rid of the resetting timer. 

Stasis is absolute shit. Any of the other DLC maps are better than it besides torque. Stasis is just another Torque. If 343 wants new gametypes add Fathom assault and take out Empire Strongholds.

• Downvote (-1) 13

Is a scrim a scrim if it's on brand new gametypes that nobody knows how to play yet? If CLG loses this I put a giant asterix beside it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So how far do we drop CLG in the power rankings this week? Three, maybe four spots?  :kappa:

1st-E6

1th- CLG  :kappa: *

*(The second is a shot at MCC and its broken days, for anyone who didn't know)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Stasis is absolute shit. Any of the other DLC maps are better than it besides torque. Stasis is just another Torque. If 343 wants new gametypes add Fathom assault and take out Empire Strongholds.

this is mind boggling. Stasis shits on the original torque. It plays nothing like it

• Upvote (+1) 4

Strongly disagree, Stasis plays much better than any dlc map and actually is pretty good. Fathom assault was pure aids after they moved the bomb zones closer to engine. It's been awful ever since, and it wasn't good to begin with.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

this is mind boggling. Stasis shits on the original torque. It plays nothing like it

Strongly disagree, Stasis plays much better than any dlc map and actually is pretty good. Fathom assault was pure aids after they moved the bomb zones closer to engine. It's been awful ever since, and it wasn't good to begin with.

Slayer on stasis plays exactly like torque and there's no way ctf on an assym map is going to be balanced. One side is going to have an advantage. We might as well make Eden CTF a gametype. Fathom Assault might not be perfect, but it sure as hell is better than Empire SH and assym ctf

• Downvote (-1) 1

Someone needs to make a sick career montage for Ogre2. 

enter snipetality.... please?

On that note, I really thought I was square with @OGRE2 retiring, especially after the past couple months.... but I find myself a little pissed off, pretty nostalgic, and very sad. We will all miss you. You're the GOAT in every sense. I really hope we get to see you at least as a continued presence in the competitive scene.

Slayer on stasis plays exactly like torque and there's no way ctf on an assym map is going to be balanced. One side is going to have an advantage. We might as well make Eden CTF a gametype. Fathom Assault might not be perfect, but it sure as hell is better than Empire SH and assym ctf

how is it asymm?

and for slayer, i would like a sniper at each base, but really right now, it's no different than shrine, and everyone holding ring.

As sad as I am about 2Gre retiring, I'm really happy he was able to exit the scene officially and made a statement officially retiring. Instead of just fading away, leaving us to assume his retirement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

how is it asymm?

and for slayer, i would like a sniper at each base, but really right now, it's no different than shrine, and everyone holding ring.

Because it's not symmetrical. Go look at the map blue side has much more cover and is more closed off. It gives red team the advantage while running flags. Red side is super open and makes it harder for blue to run flags.

how is it asymm?

It's "Functionally Symmetric" but it is an asymm.  There is no line of symmetry on the map.  PARTS of the map are symmetrical, but the map itself is not.

It falls in line with the design philosophy of older maps like B. Creek, Blood Gulch, Coagulation, Standoff, Valhalla, etc.  Maps that play as 2-base maps but each side has to play differently.

Surprise, surprise, practicing every day for many hours leads to massive improvements. Who would have thought ? :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

how is it asymm?

The hydra side of the map is asym, and red and blue yards have different features. I don't know that I've noticed any particular advantages for one side or the other, but the map isn't strictly symmetrical in any way that you slice it