CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I see a lot of people expressing their sadness, and rightfully so, but we should be celebrating everything 2gre has done for this league. Hell, MLG should be thanking him as well.

One of my favorite 2gre moments: that killer flank on the Pit, Game 11 where he gets a sweet out-BR and a double kill. One of the most clutch plays I've ever seen.

So May 21st is officially 2gre Day in the Halo community? Hell yeah.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Really happy that even r/Halo is recognizing how 2gre retiring is the end of an era. We've been trying to foster more interest in the competitive scene there, so we're happy to see that more of that sort of content is being posted, even if the discussion threads don't get as much traction as we'd like.

Not a moment per se, but my favorite 2gre memory is when Final Boss replaced Totz with Pistola back in H3. Ogre 2 was never on a top team for so much of H3, and then right at the end he finally had a solid group to go and win a national championship with. Was hoping against hope he'd be able to do that in H5, because if anyone could it'd be the GOAT.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So May 21st is officially 2gre Day in the Halo community? Hell yeah.

I like this idea.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Can confirm, I deleted the report myself

Audley getting hit with the hot BXR

• Upvote (+1) 4

So is there a list of confirmed game types for pro league? Or are they still testing?

Ok, I'll talk about 2Gre in a minute but back on subject, why the heck isn't RNG scriming ever night? Like obviously something wrong and playing H1Z1 isn't going to fix it.

:kappa:

They all just need to reset. They've been playing pretty poorly recently and playing every night won't fix bad teamwork. Give them a week off and let them come back they'll perform better.

May 21st, it's in my calendar.

Edit: this is probably wishful thinking, but it would be cool if ESPN esports did an article on 2gre. He deserves it.

• Upvote (+1) 8

One of my favorite 2gre stats is just how long he's been competing: Huke and bubu were something like 4 years old when 2gre went to his first event.

And yes, it's really cool to see the retirement news on the top of /r/halo. Even the casuals know the goatliness  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know the conversation has been beaten to death, but this applies to competitive Halo as a whole. I and some other people have made it known that we believe a full PC release of Halo 5 would ruin the competitive community, which I think 343 and MS know, so I'm predicting them to never really do more than what they have announced will come to PC. It will have forge, and customs, possibly community custom servers, but nothing past that. No warzone, no arena, no official MS servers or anything. I never played H1 or H2 on PC but I believe they were similar to this. It wouldn't split the competitive community like a full release would but it would allow players who aren't willing to buy an xbox just for Halo the chance to play and experience the game.

• Downvote (-1) 4

Life is not fair.

I almost downvoted you out of reflex. I realize this is kind of an echo chamber now, but this is really sad.

@@OGRE2

3Srr0i8.gif

Thank you.

• Downvote (-1) 1

My bracket picks for tomorrow. Good luck to all the teams!

BFWX69R.png

i really wish we had bracket contests here.

i'm going with the catastrophe upset vs liquid.

i'm going with the catastrophe upset vs liquid.

Just so I have this clear... you think Liquid is going to lose to this (your own words):

and catastrophe lost in game 5. Just a lack of awareness that's mind boggling. missing people right next to them, and lacking setting up for power weapons

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just so I have this clear... you think Liquid is going to lose to this (your own words):

People treat Assault like he's some MM diamond random they picked up... Liquid has always been underrated, but this is approaching new levels.

E6 giving it to CLG right now, is bubu really going by baddie now? Because that name is trash lol...Cratos with his typical humility, running the HWC MVP, gamer tag...

they were playing a lot better after that. :wink:

I think I'm legitimately sad to hear hes done competing lol.