CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Jumping on the bandwagon but good luck to Ogre2 in the future.  One of, if not the, best to ever touch the sticks.  We're going to miss you man. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

A shame Halo 5 got rid of an Ogre before it got rid of radar.

One hour later after the retirement of a GOAT radar is already being brought up again :simms:  

p.s: JK

• Upvote (+1) 3

Don't be surprised if 2gre competes in the next HWC. Put yourself in his shoes. So used to being at the top and taking bad placing very harshly. Now he's in the position to be out of the top competition trying to scrap his way in the challenger league, probably jumping from team to team every week. That's just not what 2gre does. I think he sits pro/challenger league out and comes back for HWC #2. If he does bad in that, then I see him hanging up the sticks.

Don't be surprised if 2gre competes in the next HWC. Put yourself in his shoes. So used to being at the top and taking bad placing very harshly. Now he's in the position to be out of the top competition trying to scrap his way in the challenger league, probably jumping from team to team every week. That's just not what 2gre does. I think he sits pro/challenger league out and comes back for HWC #2. If he does bad in that, then I see him hanging up the sticks.

Sitting out and waiting for teams to come to you has not gone well for other players in Halo 5.

Lethul killed Ogre2 career, this is all his fault.

I'm pretty sure it was 343i 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 6

For some reason I couldn't help think about this quote from the Great Gatsby upon hearing about the GOAT officially retiring:

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

This, in many ways, ends a chapter of the history of Halo. A great one at that. Here's to hoping that the next one can live up to what happened before. Melodramatic? Maybe, but either way, that era of halo was truly great and will never be forgotten.

bmhWazS.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm gonna spend the rest of the night watching old 2gre VODs

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm pretty sure it was 343i

Yes it was 343 that made him not great at Halo 5..

Jesus Christ I understand bitterness about the changes to the game but come on. Thats just dumb.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I see a lot of people expressing their sadness, and rightfully so, but we should be celebrating everything 2gre has done for this league. Hell, MLG should be thanking him as well.

One of my favorite 2gre moments: that killer flank on the Pit, Game 11 where he gets a sweet out-BR and a double kill. One of the most clutch plays I've ever seen.

• Upvote (+1) 4

nobody ever gave me chills in mm more than the first time i got matched against ogre 2 in halo 3. The name, the recon helmet, the movement. I couldn't believe i was star struck in an online video game. Im sure he will excel in whatever he decides to do.

as for tommorow:

Str8 Rippin has a tulegitimate shot at making pro league if they play the way they did today. It was so nice to FINALLY, after all this time, see Str8 Rippin win in a dominating fashion.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ogre should address the community and offer insight into his decision. 

And when and how will he be properly honored?

Can someone post the gif of 2gre trolling the camera at the Qualifier LAN? We need some smiles in here.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ok, I'll talk about 2Gre in a minute but back on subject, why the heck isn't RNG scriming ever night? Like obviously something wrong and playing H1Z1 isn't going to fix it.

:kappa: