CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That's what everybody said about Ogre 1.

Goodluck @@OGRE2. You're the inspiration to a lot of pros and community members alike. Thanks for the years of entertainment!

Ogre1 did come back though. He competed in Australia in Reach and came to America for the H4 Launch tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just hope ogre 2 lands a comfy spot with a real company not one of the scenes resident makeshift orgs.

Time to spam Bonnie Ross on twitter to hire @@OGRE2 for Pro Team!

Waste of a creative, free mind, IMO. The GOAT belongs as a game DESIGNER, like MP designer, not some Pro-Team tester. 

He should run his own org, Final Boss. ;)

• Upvote (+1) 8

I just hope ogre 2 lands a comfy spot with a real company not one of the scenes resident makeshift orgs.

Maybe he could bring back AGL :kappa:

Ogre1 did come back though. He competed in Australia in Reach and came to America for the H4 Launch tournament

Touche.

Although this is a great photo. I would rather not remember ogre2 in a denial jersey.

I can get down with this.  Why I rock the 2gre Flair pic.

it is sad to see OGRE2 retire. Kid is a legend. The true halo GOAT. Helped build competitive halo. Thank you.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Although this is a great photo. I would rather not remember ogre2 in a denial jersey.

i agree, but you could always look at it as the last time that he will have donned a jersey

• Upvote (+1) 3

Note that he tweeted this a few days ago. Hopefully it means he has something cool planned for the future.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Life is not fair.

Sometimes it snows in April May

Sometimes I feel so bad, so bad

Sometimes I wish life was never ending,

But all good things, they say, never last

• Upvote (+1) 4

That's what everybody said about Ogre 1.

Goodluck @@OGRE2. You're the inspiration to a lot of pros and community members alike. Thanks for the years of entertainment!

Ogre 1 did compete for awhile in Australia and competed in the MLG H4 event though.

Edit: beaten by someone else.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm happy I got to play against him once in Reach. Made my day. 

I wish he could of landed on a solid team after the CLG change.. or at least that nV hadn't been so underwhelming. 

It's been sucky not having a favorite player to watch lately. But I'll never forget all those Championship Sundays where I got to see the best prove it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

QD8t3Hb.jpg

In all seriousness, Ogre2 as many ppl have said, will be greatly missed.

Super happy we will have such an accolade laden veteran sticking with eSports and not lost him to some boring layman job.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

I would love to see him start an org.I would rock the shit out of a GOAT eSports jersey.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is terrible to see.  :mj:  @@OGRE2 Thanks for everything. You were the only reason I was even interested in Halo tournaments many times throughout H3, Reach, and H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

For some reason I couldn't help think about this quote from the Great Gatsby upon hearing about the GOAT officially retiring:

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." 

This, in many ways, ends a chapter of the history of Halo. A great one at that. Here's to hoping that the next one can live up to what happened before. Melodramatic? Maybe, but either way, that era of halo was truly great and will never be forgotten. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1