CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I am surprised nobody is talking about possibility of introducing some good forge maps in hcs, especially now, when forge maps can actually look very good. There are some excellent remakes of Pit, Narrows, Ivory tower, Construct, Citadel...now am not saying those are the maps we need in Halo 5, but it is so far kind of wasted opportunity when we have such a great tool which H5 forge certainly is. Seriously, check out those maps. Some of those are so good looking that separating dev made maps and forge maps shouldn't even be a thing anymore. They are actually also easier on eyes and easier to navigate in wich benefits both players and spectators.

The only remake map I can see working is The  Pit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He was 7-8 when Halo 3 came out. I mean sure he could have played halo but I doubt he was a serious competitive player with it at the time. Not to mention Halo 5 plays nothing like Halo 3.

You beat me to it.

If OpTic were still flame, Maniac, assault, and stellur they would have made regionals at higher than a 16 seed and might have even made world's... And people are still questioning if flamesword and Maniac have what it takes? And that they aren't good enough for Naded?

I feel like FS needs to step out of the leader role.  I know its early with everything but last night all I heard was FS calling out EVERYTHING.  And thats not a good thing.  Naded - "2 on me" FS - "2 on Brett."  The team doesn't need an echo for things like that.  I felt like he was calling out so much and talking over everything he himself couldn't even pay attention to half the call outs made by everyone else.

You could feel everyone was just a little meh about it all.  I think if Naded and Maniac are fired up together(not insane Naded fired up, but super focused.) those 2 could cause some serious damage.  I feel like Cloud would be better filling in an support/obj role for a team.  But how it seems, this team needs a solid slayer that doesn't sip off that tilt.  

These are just my observations from what I saw last night.  I know nothing is set in stone.

TL;DR

Naded have a more leader role, which would take some of the edge of FS so he can be more well rounded instead of being a coach with a controller in his hand.  Maniac needs to get fired up.  And if Cloud had the raw slaying abilities he would fit perfect, but he just doesn't at this point in time.

Love all 4 players, hope they do well.

Not with radar. Dear God Construct is a shit show with radar.

But I thought vertical maps needed radar. Maybe the missing ingredient to make it fit in our current skillful settings is AR starts.

Why do people want huke on optic? Doesn't he want to compete for a win?

• Upvote (+1) 5

#ShotsFired.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

But I thought vertical maps needed radar. Maybe the missing ingredient to make it fit in our current skillful settings is AR starts.

AR starts is too skillful. Storm rifle starts is what's needed.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

As opposed to competing with arkanum and Aries? (I think that's who he was running with the other night). No offense to those guys, because I actually like them as players/people, but if you're gonna be on a 6-12 team, you might as well go for the one that's branded and gonna make you some money.
  • Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Of course, but I think more casual audience members would recognize the iconic AR of past Halos. We want to make our competitive settings attract noobs, after all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As opposed to competing with arkanum and Aries? (I think that's who he was running with the other night). No offense to those guys, because I actually like them as players/people, but if you're gonna be on a 6-12 team, you might as well go for the one that's branded and gonna make you some money.

Sucks he's dropping from a 2-3 place team to a 6th at best. Hopefully he gets on a team he deserves before roster lock!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sucks he's dropping from a 2-3 place team to a 6th at best. Hopefully he gets on a team he deserves before roster lock!

Not sure if you're talking about naded or huke.  :holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Of course, but I think more casual audience members would recognize the iconic AR of past Halos. We want to make our competitive settings to attract noobs, after all.

And you guys want the competitive settings to be what exactly? The BR that has way too much aim assist and bullet mag?  BR starts would be terrible.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

And you guys want the competitive settings to be what exactly? The BR that has way too much aim assist and bullet mag? BR starts would be terrible.

I have learned from so many brilliant people on this forum that it's ok to butcher the competitiveness of the competitive settings as long as it might bring in more viewers. So, to answer your question, I would say that we should have AR starts only.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I'm not sure why people constantly say that optic does not want to win. Why would FS/Maniac even play then? They don't need to compete to earn money, they do that through YT/Twitch etc... Obviously they play to win. If there was no desire to compete or win then they wouldn't even be playing anymore. The stigma Optic receives sometimes is pretty undeserved. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm not sure why people constantly say that optic does not want to win. Why would FS/Maniac even play then? They don't need to compete to earn money, they do that through YT/Twitch etc... Obviously they play to win. If there was no desire to compete or win then they wouldn't even be playing anymore. The stigma Optic receives sometimes is pretty undeserved. 

if they didn't play they would be a lot less relevant 

• Upvote (+1) 2

if they didn't play they would be a lot less relevant 

I mean look at Big T and Boze, i'm not sure if they became less relevant after they stopped competing. Most of the viewers that FS/Maniac bring in probably are solely Optic fans and not necessarily halo fans. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tyrant looks like the Coliseum remix. Should be interesting. 

3029682-h5-guardians-arena-tyrant-map-es

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not with radar. Dear God Construct is a shit show with radar.

I have learned from so many brilliant people on this forum that it's ok to butcher the competitiveness of the competitive settings as long as it might bring in more viewers. So, to answer your question, I would say that we should have AR starts only.

Pretty tough moment for me right now not being able to search "circle jerk gif" because I'm at work. 

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

The only remake map I can see working is The Pit.

What i am saying is, that we have a tool to make great and good looking maps. We don't have to wait for new usable dev maps while slowly loosing eyesight and sanity by looking at lensflares and boring repetitive artstyle.

Idk if any of it has been streamed or just based off looking at games played but can anyone tell me how ace, apg, commonly, penguin have done together? Thanks

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Sun on Tyrant looks like it could unbalance the map by making it harder to look in one of the directions? Won't know more 'till we see gameplay I suppose

Then why not play the first month ??? Why not play after regionals???. They don't want to win, taking 2 month off in a 6 month old game, they aren't hungry to win.
  • Upvote (+1) 4