CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I wish I could work 6 hours a day and it be considered "grinding" and me be considered a hard worker at my job.

I'm barely an ameteur player and i don't consider me practicing for 6 hours a day a lot.  And thats with school or a job or two.  I try and put in like 8+ hours and i dont even get paid for this lol.  I feel like if i was playing a game just for fun id play it for 6 hours

• Upvote (+1) 1

Every opinion is gonna be different. Just about every pro team thought red nest was better than red bend even though it is a nade fest. Outside stronghold was meh. The good news is they are really open to change and this is the most involved pros have probably ever felt for gametypes

Not saying it would be better, but did anyone consider a Red Flag SH? Not sure how that'd play, just curious.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Casted for over 6 hours.

Purely for the love of Halo.

Goodnight.

And to practice for your job :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Every opinion is gonna be different. Just about every pro team thought red nest was better than red bend even though it is a nade fest. Outside stronghold was meh. The good news is they are really open to change and this is the most involved pros have probably ever felt for gametypes

Idk man, it's gonna be real stale watching the same gametypes for another 6+ months with little no changes

Was it bad changes or just resistance to change? I say this in not at all a hostile way, I'm just really curious because I know how it can get with so much money on the line

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not at all surprised that most of the major changes were reverted after 343 talked to the pros, shame imo...

I have a feeling a lot of pros are going to oppose any changes to the meta because that's going to require them to relearn all their strats and openings which they've been using for the past 6 or so months.

Idk man, it's gonna be real stale watching the same gametypes for another 6+ months with little no changes

Was it bad changes or just resistance to change? I say this in not at all a hostile way, I'm just really curious because I know how it can get with so much money on the line

CLG is obviously going to be biased against changes because they have the current meta on lock down.

• Upvote (+1) 3

changes sounded really good but after testing them it just didn't play well at all. Trust me I wanted the red bend change at first, just turned a good game type into trash imo

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not saying it would be better, but did anyone consider a Red Flag SH? Not sure how that'd play, just curious.

smh people neg repping a dude for asking a question

• Upvote (+1) 2

And to practice for your job :kappa:

Didnt sell any building fixings unfortunatley. Must try harder.

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

smh people neg repping a dude for asking a question

Accidental mobile neg! Sorry

-------------

Honestly, the HCS gametype rotation and map weapon layouts just happen to be pretty good. There are not many major flaws (I'm looking at you, Empire Strongholds). It hasn't been this good since Halo 3. That's why most of the more major changes are reverting back.

Typically, in this situation, change for the sake of freshness comes in the form of new maps/gametypes. Unfortunately all but one of the maps (Stasis, which is pretty good) that we've received in DLC have been at best bad and at worst plain garbage. Plus, 343 seems unwilling to put a forge map into the HCS rotation, so we're limited to only a couple new options. Not to mention the horrible iteration of Assault that we've received.

Ideally we could find a way to add a few gametypes and remove 1 or 2 of the worst ones, while keeping the power weapon and stronghold layouts of our strongest maps the same.

• Upvote (+1) 2

>we want pros involved in the settings

>we don't want pros involved in the settings

:thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 8

changes sounded really good but after testing them it just didn't play well at all. Trust me I wanted the red bend change at first, just turned a good game type into trash imo

snakebite doesn't like Eden with red bend because they lost to EG  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Good news. EG is scrimming tonight and EG doesn't have to get off early like usual.

Edit: snipedown not eg damn I'm tired

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's where I think they went wrong. It seems like they changed a whole buncha shit at version 1, and got in a call with the pro's and said "test these and tell us what to change." and most of the original changes were ill thought out and that's why they were reveryed back to the "original."

They shoulda started like this: "we wanna make some changes to the meta and gametypes, give us some options and opinions and then you can test it and we'll keep updating with the changes you want."

So basically get rid of all 343 influence and leave the HCS settings up the the players that play them. Thing is, it's "Team Arena." Not HCS, so you can't just shaft 343 and their ideas.

Honestly though huge shout out to Quinn and the crew for actually listening to feedback. Especially after Frosty literally called you ******* lol.

• Upvote (+1) 2