CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Well then I stand corrected. My only counter point is that still takes more effort and learning about PC components when I can simply buy an Xbox at the same cost and play. I'm not a hardcore gamer, I just like Halo. I don't need the console to be the best, I just want to play 1 damn game.

Also, I don't disagree that having Halo on PC would help. I actually do agree with that. But I'm sure there's at least a few of us that would be done if it became only KBM.

1. very valid point

2. No doubt, but i don't ever see halo being pc exclusive, now that would be crazy 

I gotta disagree, halo on PC wouldn't hurt the community any more than COD on PC hurts that community.

False Equivalence.

In fact, it would help the community in every imaginable way.

First they could allow PC players who choose to use controllers to Matchmake against xb1 users. This would boost our online population.

The idea that any PC players besides a select few would bother using a controller is delusional. Why does anybody think this?

Also the increase in Req purchases would further benefit the competitive scene.

This is true, but it will only be for a short time from launch in my opinion. I think the PC population will not stick around. Maybe that's because I'm a pessimist, but whatever.

I can also imagine that fan interest in competitive would increase, as would Halo's presence on twitch.

PC players don't care about Xbox smite, so why would PC halo players? You have to remember that PC users generally have an obnoxious superiority complex.

there are way too many colors here for me to know what's going on but Harshly, some of your responses/reasoning behind your opinion here just sound like you're taking that 'pc master race' joke super hard.

• Upvote (+1) 2

there are way too many colors here for me to know what's going on but Harshly, some of your responses/reasoning behind your opinion here just sound like you're taking that 'pc master race' joke super hard.

Are you denying the supremacist culture that exists within PC gaming? I'm not some console pleb. I play both, but even I can see the obvious.

How did EG look last night? 12-1'd a good NV team.

Also, when does NV move into the house? They've consistently shown up on LAN but the pro league is online, and they just aren't showing up in their scrims like their LAN performances suggest they should.

you guys want halo to be hugely successful but you don't want it on PC

:thinking:

now i know how the pros feel when you guys talk about roster changes

now i know how 343 feels when joe blow says he could make a better game

Yea, but you want Halo on PC with controllers. This fictional reality hurts my brain.

Edit: I'm not completely disagreeing with you, just on that one point. I would imagine halo requirements for PC would hopefully be similar to csgo, where basically any PC in the $300-$400 range can play it.

Joke?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace

Ok.

Yea, but you want Halo on PC with controllers. This fictional reality hurts my brain.

Edit: I'm not completely disagreeing with you, just on that one point. I would imagine halo requirements for PC would hopefully be similar to csgo, where basically any PC in the $300-$400 range can play it.

Only xplay with xbox players would require controllers

as well as the HCS being controller only

Only xplay with xbox players would require controllers

as well as the HCS being controller only

lol dude... they just don't get it

not worth

Logic?

https://www.reddit.com/r/consolemasterrace/

Ok.

What time does the LCQ start and what timezone? Thanks.

eu or na?

NA is 

Saturday - player streams at 2pm EST

Sunday - 11AM PST on twitch.tv/halo 

eu is tomorrow at Noon EST

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1. very valid point

2. No doubt, but i don't ever see halo being pc exclusive, now that would be crazy 

I mean Melee is a very popular game that is only played on console but is made available for people to play on their pc and they use a gamecube controller.  I think Halo is similar in that its not the console or the controller that makes the game good, the game is good and its played on a console with a controller and thats the game.  Like being good at halo is being good at halo with a controller.  If it went to PC and all tournaments were still played with controllers that would be perfectly fine, just like SSBM, even thought they still use the gamecubes at tournaments but you get the point.

it doesnt matter if people think pc or console is superior, honestly i think for most things a pc is just more practical and im all around a PC gamer but Halo is played with a controller and thats how i like it.

How did EG look last night? 12-1'd a good NV team.

Also, when does NV move into the house? They've consistently shown up on LAN but the pro league is online, and they just aren't showing up in their scrims like their LAN performances suggest they should.

They weren't playing great, honestly. Even they said they were playing average. They almost ended early because they didn't think they were improving at all.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It's very obvious that H5 has been designed with controllers in mind and as such I think H5 would play quite differently on PC to Xbox, especially at a high level.

Weapon balance is one thing which would be affected most. Consider how different levels of aim assist and bullet magnetism are used to balance the precision weapons. On PC with the accuracy of a mouse aim assist would (hopefully) be removed. This means one of the biggest differentiators between precision weapons is gone; every precision weapon would be just as easy or difficult to use as another. This could be a good thing if you think about the pistol vs DMR/BR because the pistol is suddenly more powerful than both of them due to lower TTK as opposed to now where the BR and DMR are easier to use.

However consider the sniper, currently it's balanced against the other weapons by being far more difficult to use in close quarters due to massively reduced aim assist (inb4 H5 sniper is too easy to use). However on PC the sniper suddenly becomes just as easy to get headshots with as the pistol. With Halo's fairly slow movement speed and large hitboxes the sniper would make any player insanely overpowered, you'd be almost guaranteed a kill with every shot if you had a reasonable aim. Other PC shooters balance the sniper by removing your reticule in hip fire/making it very inaccurate unless zoomed in or by having a high movement speed.

Another thing to consider is long distance battles. On Xbox the red reticule range limits a weapons effectiveness by limiting the range where bullet magnetism takes effect. However, the precision weapons are almost perfectly accurate (or near enough that it makes no difference on maps this size) so on PC shooting at long distance suddenly becomes far easier. 

The low strafe speed, perfectly accurate hitscan weapons and large hitboxes also means that someone with good aim is going to very rarely miss shots at mid range, I imagine the number of reversals you'd see would drop dramatically compared to on Xbox.

I'm not saying H5 on PC would be worse (or better) but hypothetically, if H5 did release on PC I think competitive play would be quite different to what we're used to watching on Xbox. If they do release it I'd hope they keep the HCS on Xbox, or at least force players to use controllers.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are you denying the supremacist culture that exists within PC gaming? I'm not some console pleb. I play both, but even I can see the obvious.

Not denying its existence, but you're pointing out one subset of a massive community and proclaiming that 'literally everyone' thinks the same thing. If you honestly think that the majority of people who play games on PC are card carrying, controller smashing, 'pcmasterracer's,' then there's no point in even discussing it. You've clearly polled the masses and know how literally everyone feels.   

Yeah, it's a joke. It's not like they hang out in best buy parking lots with signs screaming at and berating people who are walking to their cars with xbox's and ps4's. 

Its the same as when xbox and ps4 fanboys have it out on youtube comments. Nobody cares beyond arguing that their preferred platform is better. 

edit: i don't have the time or energy to duke it out over something this pointless. I'm not arguing that some people are very serious about the fact that they think that PC's are better than consoles. I'm arguing that the % of the market they represent is honestly negligible. You're missing or ignoring the scale in this scenario. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

a few grand?

PCs aren't as expensive as you think and in fact you can build a more powerful PC for the same cost of an xbox1

you know what, some of you guys deserve xbox, i'm over it

Thanks for saying this. I built my pc last Christmas for $500 and it blows the X1 out of the water. Crazy how ignorant people are of pc gaming
  • Upvote (+1) 2

The second Halo comes to PC people will start playing with KBM, no doubt about that. Aiming is vastly superior to controller based aiming.

Also, the point about not having enough buttons for the movement seems a bit silly - a keyboard has got many keys, after all.

I don't see an issue with controller vs. keyboard though, it's done in GTA Online for instance. There's simply different lobbies for no aim assist, a little bit and full aim assist. You can switch freely between them, no matter what input method you're using.

More choice to the players!

Not denying its existence, but you're pointing out one subset of a massive community and proclaiming that 'literally everyone' thinks the same thing. If you honestly think that the majority of people who play games on PC are card carrying, controller smashing, 'pcmasterracer's,' then there's no point in even discussing it. You've clearly polled the masses and know how literally everyone feels.   

Yeah, it's a joke. It's not like they hang out in best buy parking lots with signs screaming at and berating people who are walking to their cars with xbox's and ps4's. 

Its the same as when xbox and ps4 fanboys have it out on youtube comments. Nobody cares beyond arguing that their preferred platform is better. 

Misrepresentation of position. You know when someone says "literally no one" they are being hyperbolic. Halo 5 on PC will bring the supremacist culture with it. You only have to be aware of the Smite community to know this.

• Downvote (-1) 6

The second Halo comes to PC people will start playing with KBM, no doubt about that. Aiming is vastly superior to controller based aiming.

Also, the point about not having enough buttons for the movement seems a bit silly - a keyboard has got many keys, after all.

I don't see an issue with controller vs. keyboard though, it's done in GTA Online for instance. There's simply different lobbies for no aim assist, a little bit and full aim assist. You can switch freely between them, no matter what input method you're using.

GTA and Halo are completely different games, and this system would be awful for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

armacontrols2vh3_zps521e95d9.jpg

naw man not enough buttons  :kappa:

<3 u ryanoob

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like you guys are blowing this out of proportion.

The PC version will enjoy success, yes. 

But like BLOPS3, the PC version will just be "there" and the console version will be the most populated one w/ the emphasis on eSports. I highly doubt with CSGO out there Halo will all of a sudden become THE PC shooter or move to PC for competitive. 

To be fair, if you build a PC for the same price as a console it might beat the Xbox now but it's not going to be beating the Xbox in 2 years time. Fixed hardware means devs can do wonders with optimisation. 

The benefit of a console is that you pay a low price and receive quality games for a long period of time, paying a low price for a PC means you're going to have to do some upgrading down the line.

last night...

me: when is CLG finally going to scrim Meme Team?

@@LethuL : whenever memes are allowed on the forums again.

:mj:

Meme's are not allowed anymore? What did I miss lol?

• Upvote (+1) 2

So, I posted the scrim scores here AND on Twitter and none of us, including myself, noticed I reversed the E6 logo lmao.

I didn't notice until E6's design guy pointed it out.

Maybe that's a sign a new logo is needed  :kappa: