CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This statement is kinda pointless, just say that about any team. CLG is so dominant unless one of them decides winning isn't fun anymore this is Halo 5. CLG will win ANY and ALL double elimination tournaments from here on out. We cried for double elimination and now we have it, good bye upsets, good bye underdog, good bye getting lucky in a single bad series for CLG. (Disclaimer: I wanted double elimination, but we did lock ourselves into the best team winning every tournament for sure)

Double elimination is only neccisary when placements beyond 1st place are key AND we have a need for random seedings.

There's no reason the end-of-season playoffs should be double elim, because the seedings are based on season record.

Are we truly "locked in" to double elim for everything now?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Since it seems to be the consensus that spawns are very predictable, can we stop pretending that this game is so chaotic and unpredictable that we need our hands held to be able to find people?

Since this is the HCS Pro League Teams, Seeds and Discussion thread, can we stop talking about settings when there's another thread dedicated to it and we've been told repeatedly that this is not the place for it?

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Double elimination is only neccisary when placements beyond 1st place are key AND we have a need for random seedings.

There's no reason the end-of-season playoffs should be double elim, because the seedings are based on season record.

Are we truly "locked in" to double elim for everything now?

I wondered that as well. I still prefer double elim, its more good, especially for CLG.

Since this is the HCS Pro League Teams, Seeds and Discussion thread, can we stop talking about settings when there's another thread dedicated to it and we've been told repeatedly that this is not the place for it?

my bad, I thought I was in the life changing new gamertag cereal thread. I wouldn't want to bring something so off topic into such a consistently on topic thread. I'll just go to the settings thread where everyone who actually posts agrees with me.

Anyway, Special K with strawberries was a life changing cereal for me. CLG 1st

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 4

All of the sudden i want to try halo with a m&kb. It would be interesting trying to aim smoothly. I can't think of a similar game for the PC where you need to consistently hit a small target on the noggin bc of high health/shields.

Maybe I'm forgetting some super obvious games, but cs/cod4 promos are all low hp, Overwatch models are crazy, I'm struggling to think of others.

I'm so sleep deprived. Kids are evil.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll say this much - Halo switching to PC would completely kill my interest in the competitive scene

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lets assume it's possible to accurately predict every spawn (which it isn't). What about the player who just spawned, and now needs to assess where the next threat is coming from.

I think the mechanics of this game allow for that threat to come from far more angles than in previous games.

The player who just spawned can always listen to communication of his 3 teammates (plus a coach at pro level), use map awareness and prediction (for example, predicting that other players will gravitate towards power weapons, power positions, etc) and headphones. Sure, you might get caught off guard sometimes but that's better than removing a huge amount of the skill gap.

EG second

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

@@Yiws yes that's me :)

Insanely busy night. Shout out to @@ssbChad for helping me without me even asking him. What a guy. It's almost impossible to keep up with all these scrims by yourself. 

scrimscores5191.png

scrimscores5192.png

• Upvote (+1) 8

Why dont you guys just download the ElDewrito Halo: Online to see what Halo is like on PC? I personally plugged in a controller when I played it.

pics

Insert Org Here:

eGod = Swipuh

Str8 Rippin:

PTizype = Prototype

No Barber But We Tapen:

Moment = Falcated

Crowd Control:

Tday = Very Nerdy

LastKing = Tragic

Showtime:

Audiocity = NinjaArtss

Using their gamertags is a bad way to list the players names imo. You should use their pro handles. Gamertags are not official names. FFS Lxthul has a tag called "Better Than APG".

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think PC players would use controllers. The movement in this game includes too many buttons that need to be used while moving, not sure if there are enough fingers on one hand for that but who knows. Also think halo on the PC would help build the community but idk, not an exprt.

Man, I thought you were a semi pro dota player and you manage all that crazy kb shortcuts and extra mouse buttons.

No seriously. I used to play wow arena a lot and while it's not fps, it's crazy how many buttons you have to use to manage all those abilities, macros and movement at the same time. I don't think H5 would be a problem.

Insert Org Here:

eGod = Swish

Str8 Rippin:

PTizype = Prototype

No Barber But We Tapen:

Moment = Falcated

Crowd Control:

Tday = Very Nerdy

LastKing = Tragic

Showtime:

Audiocity = NinjaArtss

Using their gamertags is a bad way to list the players names imo. You should use their pro handles. Gamertags are not official names. FFS Lxthul has a tag called "Better Than APG".

I was wondering why I didn't notice some of these guys. To be honest, I wouldn't have known any of this because I don't follow too often, I thought maybe some roster changes happened or something. 

I'll bookmark this and update. Thanks Chad.

I was wondering why I didn't notice some of these guys. To be honest, I wouldn't have known any of this because I don't follow too often, I thought maybe some roster changes happened or something. 

I'll bookmark this and update. Thanks Chad.

You should just jot down a roster list. Then when a gamertag shows up on a team you don't recognize, you can just use process of elimination to see which player is using an alt tag. Rosters cant change atm because they're locked for the LCQ (besides BxbyJ being replaced), so keep that in mind.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there a reason why there aren't any sniper skins? I'm sure i've probably just missed the reason.

Is there a reason why there aren't any sniper skins? I'm sure i've probably just missed the reason.

There are skins only for starting/loadout weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@ssbChad

Tweeted out updated graphics for the changes you listed, thanks brother (@@ROB THE TURTLE thanks for that as well)

You should just jot down a roster list. Then when a gamertag shows up on a team you don't recognize, you can just use process of elimination to see which player is using an alt tag. Rosters cant change atm because they're locked for the LCQ (besides BxbyJ being replaced), so keep that in mind.

Will do. In the process of doing it right now :P

@@ssbChad eGod is Swipuh, swish is teaming with Cafe, camper, and ninjaartes

Yep, you're right. It's even tough for me to remember every team. ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

OT: If Halo moved to PC and there was no option to play controller vs controller only, I would probably not play halo anymore. I don't know if thats just me but Halo to me is a controller game and I'm not really willing to move to KB/M play. I've spent 10+ years with a controller. I don't want to have to go through a few years of developing muscle memory to even be close to the same skill level I currently have. Would just switch to CoD or whatever the big console FPS is at the time.

Just how I feel on the matter. I'm sure it would be a hit on PC assuming its released the same way other top PC games are released, but I'd be done with it.

Not that anyone cares of course :).

I'm with you. Not only the learning KBM, but I'm willing to spend $300 on an Xbox just to play Halo, I'm not willing to spend a few grand building a solid gaming rig just to accomplish the same. If it ever became purely PC, that would end Halo for me.

• Downvote (-1) 5

I loved the part where you used evidence to support your claims.

How can I use evidence for the future? This is all speculation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

a few grand?

PCs aren't as expensive as you think and in fact you can build a more power PC for the same cost of an xbox1

you know what, some of you guys deserve xbox, i'm over it

Well then I stand corrected. My only counter point is that still takes more effort and learning about PC components when I can simply buy an Xbox at the same cost and play. I'm not a hardcore gamer, I just like Halo. I don't need the console to be the best, I just want to play 1 damn game.

Also, I don't disagree that having Halo on PC would help. I actually do agree with that. But I'm sure there's at least a few of us that would be done if it became only KBM.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm with you. Not only the learning KBM, but I'm willing to spend $300 on an Xbox just to play Halo, I'm not willing to spend a few grand building a solid gaming rig just to accomplish the same. If it ever became purely PC, that would end Halo for me.

yeaaaaaa that's not how this works. You're obviously completely entitled to your own reasoning, but in the grand scheme of things (looking at the overall market) the beauty of a game being on PC is in its flexibility. 

It makes the game so much more accessible.

1) PC's are for more than just gaming (arguably consoles can somewhat bridge the gap now with apps and such, but the PC has more functionality overall) so its easier to justify the purchase. 

2) PC games are made to run on as many PC's as possible, meaning you can have a multi thousand dollar rig and run the game on max everything, or have a low end laptop and run the game on low settings. Both work. This is huge for CS/DOTA/LOL/etc. 

3) e v  e r y o n e has a computer. If they don't yet, it's probably because they're too young. They're going to need one eventually. Getting one that can run games on low settings isn't a stretch if it's something they person is interested in doing. 

I'm no KBMOD die hard but anyone who takes a look at the big picture can see that PC games are the future. I also think valve has either made, or is in the process of making a PC that you can buy, put in your living room, and use a controller with as if it's an xbox/ps4.