CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

naded is being an asshole tonight it seems.  He just seems annoyed.  Hope everything is ok with the team, maybe hes just grumpy today tho.

Scrim Final:

French Toast Mafia 3 | 0 Insert Org Here

doesn't help when all these teams keep playing these shortened scrims too, lol. @@VinFTW

Yep lol

I've decided I'm posting two graphics tomorrow, one for LCQ teams one for Pro teams :P

Naded is saying the powerup glitch is being removed soon.

Would that be 343 soon or the regular soon ? :kappa:

naded is being an asshole tonight it seems.  He just seems annoyed.  Hope everything is ok with the team, maybe hes just grumpy today tho.

i didn't catch the asshole drift ... he was salty at himself and his own deaths and wasn't being shitty to anyone else during that Rig game

i didn't catch the asshole drift ... he was salty at himself and his own deaths and wasn't being shitty to anyone else during that Rig game

He seems annoyed with ace a lot, i could be wrong tho.  He was saying stuff like "what are you saying" when ace fumbled over his call out, and he said "you have to try and listen better".  neither of which are a big deal but the tone he said it in just seemed like he was annoyed

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah but OS used to be instant. That fact is, it's like the fathom jump from bottom mid to top mid. People can do it, but can everyone? It gives you a fighting chance to sneak in and pull a great play by doing something that not every single person can do 100% every time. I don't know. I'm just one person. I'm sure someone feels the same way. But to say you don't like it because the other team can do it, isn't exactly right. When you do it, I bet there's not any problem with it.

Well in old competitive Halo's you could also burn the OS.

I do the glitch because I'm going to assume the other team is going to do it, which is 99% times the case.

The glitch effectively ruins strategy involved in setting up for OS because some guy can get a lucky spawn, sprint without a care in the world, glitch and get a bunch of kills they don't deserve....how is that skill? We're talking high level Halo, not players who struggle on Fathom Jumps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I do the glitch because I'm going to assume the other team is going to do it, which is 99% times the case.

The glitch effectively ruins strategy involved in setting up for OS because some guy can get a lucky spawn, sprint without a care in the world, glitch and get a bunch of kills they don't deserve....how is that skill? We're talking high level Halo, not players who struggle on Fathom Jumps.

Devil's Advocate:

BxR effectively ruins strategy because a guy can get a lucky spawn S1, run up the back of Snipe, BxR the Sniper...and get a Sniper he didn't deserve, just because a glitch existed and he got a lucky spawn S1...how is that skill?

(To add a little bit more defense to this outlandish statement: Halo 2 spawns had some degree of randomness to them.  Halo 5's spawn system is entirely deterministic, so if you get a spawn close to the OS/Camo, it's because your opponents weren't in position to block it.)

Your point is fine, but your argument that "A lucky spawn" and "using a glitch doesn't require skill" doesn't hold much weight.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

@@LifeStyl3 is streaming, feel free to ask him where his apology video is at!

PS - he said he'd be back in 20 minutes, so bug him when he gets back on

He permabanned me from the chat, before I even had a chance to ask him ... probably banned me from his twitch based on my comments on here, calling him outdan:kappa:

Like t2 said, esl should ban him for a year
  • Upvote (+1) 7

Yep lol

I've decided I'm posting two graphics tomorrow, one for LCQ teams one for Pro teams :P

Oh, so you're the guy who does those! Are you posting scores for every team in the LCQ?

@@LifeStyl3 is streaming, feel free to ask him where his apology video is at!

PS - he said he'd be back in 20 minutes, so bug him when he gets back on

He permabanned me from the chat, before I even had a chance to ask him ... probably banned me from his twitch based on my comments on here, calling him outdan:kappa:

I asked him yesterday on Twitter about his apology video he said he'd do and he responded saying he decided against it because of the "ignorant hate" he got. I would link the tweets directly here but I'm not forum-savy enough to figure that out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So basically hes going with the pretend offended approach when people more or less immediately called him on his BS in the hope that anyone in the world will let him save face? Seems silly and petty to keep it all going when he could just admit fault and apologize. I suppose he could have in private though and we'd never know. The whole thing is dumb in general though. We need important things to talk about.

He should be taking out the burning rage inside of him on the other team more regularly. Guy is completely shitting tonight. 2.16 KD up 5-1 in the series vs French Toast. 1.26 in 3-1 series vs Elevate.

OT: If Halo moved to PC and there was no option to play controller vs controller only, I would probably not play halo anymore. I don't know if thats just me but Halo to me is a controller game and I'm not really willing to move to KB/M play. I've spent 10+ years with a controller. I don't want to have to go through a few years of developing muscle memory to even be close to the same skill level I currently have. Would just switch to CoD or whatever the big console FPS is at the time. 

Just how I feel on the matter. I'm sure it would be a hit on PC assuming its released the same way other top PC games are released, but I'd be done with it.

Not that anyone cares of course :).

• Upvote (+1) 6

They way i see it the fix is easy.  Make the OS effective on pickup regardless of when the animation completes.  Hell, you could even make it so there is a small window of invincibility similar to that of H:CE when the OS would charge up, but have it be the window between when the player picks it up, and when the animation completes itself.  As long as its a constant that everyone knows is going to happen, i think everyone will be happy in some way shape or form