CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Kbm players use kbm, in order to play cross play with Xbox players you need to use a controller. You'd also need a controller for the HCS.

That's the solution we are talking about right now.

Literally no PC player would bother doing that, which loops right back round to the point of splitting the community.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You either split the community horribly, or you have horribly unfair MM. Both are bad.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Reiterate previous point, Halo Esports is too entrenched in the use of a controller for a transition to PC to be successful.

you've said this multiple times and I don't mean any offense dude but what does that even mean??

'entrenched' as in the MAYBE 4000 people who follow competitive halo on a regular basis? because almost all of them will be very willing to follow a PC esports scene as well. Plus the potential to fill the 'competitive arena shooter' niche on PC, which in itself would draw in legions of new fans. 

'entrenched' as in the 50k people who play H5 regularly? once again, the potential to grow H5's population by porting to PC is enormous. The community won't be split -- the people who play on PC wouldn't have touched the console version anyway. You're adding new people, not dividing the existing community.

'entrenched' as in game mechanics? because I fail to see what game mechanics would somehow not be enjoyable on PC when they are on console. Aim assist would be removed for people using KBM -- aside from that, the game would play identically.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

as an owner of a custom pc company this excites me  :simms:

the only reason i bought an xbox one was to play h2 since the one for vista stopped being supported/working. then h5 came out and i havent really played on my pc until last week when doom came out

the PC is the largest gaming community and is going to continue to grow, because consoles become obsolete practically the moment theyre released. 

i think theres a lot of misinformation surrounding pc gaming such as price that deters a lot of people away. and while you can build a 10,000 dollar rig, you certainly dont need to to play games at 1080 60fps goodness

• Upvote (+1) 1

While I know they're technically different games, no one complained when Street Fighter V had PC/PS4 crossplay. A fightstick is arguably a better controller for the genre, but there's plenty of excellent pad players, too. Same with mouse and keyboard, I'm dyed in the wool to play Halo on controller, but M+KB players should be able to play with their choice of control, too.

More opportunities for more Halo players only helps the HCS and Halo at large. Let people play on the platform they want, but a larger base of players as a whole is a fantastic thing. Again, the key word here is "choice".

I think it's time to get this thread back to Pro League discussion, go create another thread pertaining to a possible Halo 5/6/MCC PC Game.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Imo, it would grow the scene to tap into the pc gaming market. I for one would buy both pc version and xbox because while I have a nice gaming computer, some of my friends don't and only have xbox. I think it would bring more games into pc than it would lose players on xbox.

Imo, it would grow the scene to tap into the pc gaming market. I for one would buy both pc version and xbox because while I have a nice gaming computer, some of my friends don't and only have xbox. I think it would bring more games into pc than it would lose players on xbox.

plus the mods that will surely come out for it!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

you've said this multiple times and I don't mean any offense dude but what does that even mean??

The idea that the transition for the competitive community will be awkward, which includes pro players

'entrenched' as in the MAYBE 4000 people who follow competitive halo on a regular basis? because almost all of them will be very willing to follow a PC esports scene as well. Plus the potential to fill the 'competitive arena shooter' niche on PC, which in itself would draw in legions of new fans. 

Seriously doubt it. Sorry I'm a pessimist 

'entrenched' as in the 50k people who play H5 regularly? once again, the potential to grow H5's population by porting to PC is enormous. The community won't be split -- the people who play on PC wouldn't have touched the console version anyway. You're adding new people, not dividing the existing community.

You're implying that the population on PC will have a long tenure.

'entrenched' as in game mechanics? because I fail to see what game mechanics would somehow not be enjoyable on PC when they are on console. Aim assist would be removed for people using KBM -- aside from that, the game would play identically.

Yes the introduction of K+M doesn't change the gameplay beyond aim assist. Obviously

• Downvote (-1) 1

My loyalties lie with the Halo community, not the Xbox console.

Worldwide, PC gaming is way more popular than console esports. If Halo were to move to PC and as a result the competitive Halo scene were to explode, then I'm all for it.

However, like some of you have mentioned, it shouldn't be done just to be done; if it's going to hurt the community then of course I'd rather it stay on console. But ultimately I think Halo on PC would help more than it would hurt. Just my two cents.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Worldwide, PC gaming is way more popular than console esports. If Halo were to move to PC and as a result the competitive Halo scene were to explode, then I'm all for it.

However, like some of you have mentioned, it shouldn't be done just to be done; if it's going to hurt the community then of course I'd rather it stay on console. But ultimately I think Halo on PC would help more than it would hurt. Just my two cents.

I think if Halo continues to regrow this is not a bad thing. It is not the right time.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You either split the community horribly, or you have horribly unfair MM. Both are bad.

Literally no PC player would bother doing that, which loops right back round to the point of splitting the community.

You don't see shades of gray do you? and  you're painting PC players with a pretty broad brush. "Literally no PC player would bother doing that..." is very off the mark. some wouldn't sure, but others don't give a shit or already play with controllers because they are convenient.

If a player doesnt want to use a controller, then they can have limited matchmaking with other players in the same boat.  I fail to see how this is that hard to comprehend or pull off.

Anything that increases the player base = good.  Halo on PC isn't bad especially if controllers are required.

• Upvote (+1) 7

If this happens you can say goodbye to all of the current controller pros.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

You don't see shades of gray do you? and  you're painting PC players with a pretty broad brush. "Literally no PC player would bother doing that..." is very off the mark. some wouldn't sure, but others don't give a shit or already play with controllers because they are convenient.

If a player doesnt want to use a controller, then they can have limited matchmaking with other players in the same boat.  I fail to see how this is that hard to comprehend or pull off.

Anything that increases the player base = good.  Halo on PC isn't bad especially if controllers are required.

When I say "literally no" I mean very few. It's just hyperbole to make a point, but I seriously doubt a significant number of PC players will use controllers to get mixed MM.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Kbm players use kbm, in order to play cross play with Xbox players you need to use a controller. You'd also need a controller for the HCS.

That's the solution we are talking about right now.

:thinking:

bro quit knee jerking and trying reading 

you wouldn't have an option, if you want to play HCS you'd have to use a controller, period

putting halo on pc and allowing millions of more people access to it is in no way a bad thing, at all, in any shape or form

• Upvote (+1) 1

:thinking:

bro quit knee jerking and trying reading 

you wouldn't have an option, if you want to play HCS you'd have to use a controller, period

putting halo on pc and allowing millions of more people access to it is in no way a bad thing, at all, in any shape or form

I read everything you are saying, but it just proves my point. No PC players will play HCS if that is the case.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

All of them?  I would think some of them would transition fine.  Don't several of the current Halo pros play some CS:GO?

I think if Halo continues to regrow this is not a bad thing. It is not the right time.

I don't disagree, I like where Halo is at right now (only wish we had more LANs)

You're probably right, and I don't think a new set of pros would be good for the Halo scene - so I wouldn't advocate for Halo on PC if that were the case - unless somehow they coexisted, and competitive Halo stayed on console. Not sure how that would work. It's all speculation at this point anyways.

I read everything you are saying, but it just proves my point. No PC players will play HCS if that is the case.

that's an assumption you're making

and even if that's the case, so what? more people will be playing halo

more people will care about halo

i just can't man.... you know what, you're right  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo would be sweet on the PC. Maybe not forcing people to go onto W10 though >_>

OT; Chance 3

dhc18j.jpg

EDIT; SPLIT DA COMMUNITY HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA XD

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know what I'm done with this forum neckbearding. Halo on PC will be a negative at the present time. That is all I am going to say. If a God exists something pro league related happens tonight because I made this thread shit again.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 8

You know what I'm done with this forum neckbearding. Halo on PC will be a negative at the present time. That is all I am going to say. If a God exists something pro league related happens tonight because I made this thread shit again.

Then explain how CoD has competitive console eSports AND a PC version, yet hasn't gone belly up yet.