CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I mean. Both have pros and cons. I would rather not see single elim, but In baseball the wildcard game is one game to get into the playoffs. This isn't for a championship. Just prove you belong and win.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Nah, it's a partnership. These things are decided together.

Glad we were able to switch to double elim for Sunday. It'll make the broadcast a little weird because there are way more matches and we just can't show all of them unfortunately, but I hope players and fans appreciate it.

We do. 

The format of the tournament should always come before the quality of the stream. At the end of the day, the people who care the most about the HCS are its players. If it means sacrificing showing some matchups on stream, it's a sacrifice that must be made. The thing that makes the HCS great is the competition. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Glad we were able to switch to double elim for Sunday. It'll make the broadcast a little weird because there are way more matches and we just can't show all of them unfortunately, but I hope players and fans appreciate it.

We appreciate it.  I think most of the fans just want the best 2 teams making it out of LCQ, and we feel double elim. accomplishes that.

I dont mind missing streamed games if it means the best 2 teams will go to the pro league.

Str8 Sick: "Come with me to camo?"

Naded: "What are you talking to me? Let me fucking play, please!"

• Upvote (+1) 1

That was definitely Ace that told him to go to Camo :p

Whoops. I guess I just don't know voices as well as I thought. My bad.

Regardless, that's not a response that Naded should be making.

I think that was Ace that said the camo line, but yes I heard it. Right afterwards maniac said something about staying alive to the team and Naded said "I would have if I didn't get railed", in a shitty tone lol

I can't tell if Naded really hates Ace or it's just Naded being Naded... It seems like he almost only talks shit to Ace, sometimes to Maniac, and almost never to Str8 Sick. With that being said and after watching OpTic scrims almost everyday I can definitely see why people call Naded toxic, this guy is the most emotional player I've ever seen, it seems like one day he's hyped, positive, and ready to play and the next he's saying shit like this.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Catastrophe needs and org. This team is good

Why? There are no expenses to cover.

I actually enjoy the fact they have their own team name. Someone mhere make a logo for them

So catastrophe is no joke

I remember brainstorm from reach. It's cool to see "default kids" competing against pros(like vetoed). It's too bad most default mm warriors have quit halo as it would have be cool to see the two worlds of halo finally converge. It's really the only good thing about uniform settings.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really think it's sad that Ninja goes into sub mode whenever they're doing poorly. 

I know I can't say it definitively, but I believe it really speaks to his mental fortitude (lack thereof). Like, if you can't handle some viewers shit-talking you on fucking Twitch, how do you handle a main stage? And if the response is "it's the mods," at who's request do you think that is?

My first accidental upvote. It's been said numerous times that Ninja hardly requests it.

Sorry if this brings the topic up again.

I don't know how Optic plays even remotely well when Naded sounds suicidal 3 games into a scrim.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can't tell if Naded really hates Ace or it's just Naded being Naded... It seems like he almost only talks shit to Ace, sometimes to Maniac, and almost never to Str8 Sick. With that being said and after watching OpTic scrims almost everyday I can definitely see why people call Naded toxic, this guy is the most emotional player I've ever seen, it seems like one day he's hyped, positive, and ready to play and the next he's saying shit like this.

Gonna repost something I wrote a while back about Naded replying to Ryanoob.

[Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor]

As a Naded fan for quite some time, I've seen it all. I've seen his antics back when he teamed with you and Arkanum. I've seen him go from tilted to hyped and back to tilted in a matter of minutes. I feel as though there is some underlying emotional instability there. Some days his team will get destroyed in scrims and he'll be positive and optimistic for the entire time, and other days he'll die once and suddenly lose his cool. There's no real logic to it, no pattern to when it happens. 

It sucks being a Naded fan and seeing it happen, I became a fan of his for entirely other reasons and now I can't help but root for him despite his sometimes frustrating behavior. It's also kind of fun rooting for a flawed protagonist, idk. Everyone is 100% right when they say it's his number 1 hindrance. Naded is a freakishly good player when focused and if he had a better mental game he would easily be top 5.

Been following him since H3 and he's done shit like this since before H3. /feelsbadman

• Upvote (+1) 2

So you guys are telling players not to stream? If not why should we miss any games?